Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,798 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development (27225 Views)

Programmers Wanted For A Web Based App!!! / Hard Working And Competitive Web Developers Are Urgently Needed / Vb Programmers Wanted Urgently In A Leading Software Company In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Seun(m): 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2013
Can you build dynamic websites that are fast, easy to use, and difficult to hack?

Have you mastered PYTHON, Scala, Java, Golang, Objective C/C++, C#, Ruby, Clojure, or Perl?

Do you strive to write programs that are efficient & concise but easy to understand and maintain?

Can you design normalised SQL schemas and write efficient SQL queries for complex applications?

Can you quickly learn and master new programming languages, platforms, & APIs for immediate use?

Are you smart enough to comprehend & implement intricate Computer Science algorithms when needed?

If your answer to every question above is "yes", then the humble start-up responsible for developing and maintaining the top website in Africa needs you. We will hire 3 to 5 brilliant programmers this year to help us to develop and maintain our current and future websites.

The boss is committed to creating excellent working conditions for programmers, because he's a programmer himself. Every programmer will have an ergonomic executive chair, a huge desk with ample legroom, and a beautiful desktop computer with a quad HD touchscreen display and high-end specs. Our programming office has all-day air conditioning and lots of space. Commuting from Lagos will be fast and stress-free due to traffic dynamics.

If you're interested, please send an email titled "Developers Wanted" with your complete CV, links to your github/bitbucket/google-code/stackoverflow pages and any other evidence of your programming ability to [b][/b]. Thank you for your interest.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Mobsync(m): 1:23pm On Jul 06, 2013
And how can I get a @nairaland.com mail. I kinda like it. Err....I'm not a programmer but if you need someone to help clean the room programmers would use...holla me wink wink wink

4 Likes

Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by lordZOUGA(m): 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2013
no native development for Nairaland then. Damn.
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Seun(m): 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2013
lordZOUGA: no native development for Nairaland then. Damn.
We value other programming & web related skills, e.g. web/graphic design and PC/Mobile App development, but they are not required.
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by lordZOUGA(m): 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2013
Seun:
We value other programming & web related skills, e.g. web/graphic design and PC/Mobile App development, but they are not required.
what of developers that use ORM frameworks? does ORM not interest Nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Seun(m): 3:58pm On Jul 06, 2013
lordZOUGA: what of developers that use ORM frameworks? does ORM not interest Nairaland?
We have found that SQL is the best available language for manipulating data, so we expect our developers to be good with it. We certainly won't hold it against them if they can also use ORMs.
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by lordZOUGA(m): 4:29pm On Jul 06, 2013
Seun:
We believe that SQL is the best available language for manipulating data, so we expect our developers to be good with it. We certainly won't hold it against them if they can also use ORMs. If you're good with ORMs you can learn SQL easily.
I am going to translate this statement as meaning "Nairaland can also hire developers that use ORM. however, they should be willing to learn how to use SQL only."
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Seun(m): 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2013
lordZOUGA:
I am going to translate this statement as meaning "Nairaland can also hire developers that use ORM. however, they should be willing to learn how to use SQL only."
They will have to learn to use SQL directly before they can be hired..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by spikesC(m): 8:49pm On Jul 06, 2013
Gbogboniise grin

The kind hatred this guy have for PHP developers eeeh

1 Like

Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by lordZOUGA(m): 9:17pm On Jul 06, 2013
Seun:
They will have to learn SQL before they can be hired.
but ORM is SQL. Already made SQL. the SQL statements are already optimized and tested for efficient database transaction. IMO Developing with ORM is faster.

Please see the words "to help us to build and maintain our current and future websites" in my original post.
Okay boss. it's just that SQL being the top of the list of your specifications is weird

1 Like

Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by spikesC(m): 9:42pm On Jul 06, 2013
--
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by kodewrita(m): 12:47pm On Jul 07, 2013
lordZOUGA:
but ORM is SQL. Already made SQL. the SQL statements are already optimized and tested for efficient database transaction. IMO Developing with ORM is faster.

Okay boss. it's just that SQL being the top of the list of your specifications is weird

Can you dive into the ORM backend and tune it to very specific requirements? Most people can't. Besides, there's an extra level of translation that is done before the actual SQL gets executed by the DB. Every little second/millisecond you can claw back helps your app.

besides, SQL is not so so hard and its quite powerful.

1 Like

Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by lordZOUGA(m): 6:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
kodewrita:

Can you dive into the ORM backend and tune it to very specific requirements? Most people can't. Besides, there's an extra level of translation that is done before the actual SQL gets executed by the DB. Every little second/millisecond you can claw back helps your app.

besides, SQL is not so so hard and its quite powerful.
I think the overhead is worth it. I mean everybody knows C++ or C is a powerful programming language and can be used in designing web applications (CGI) yet people stick to using a slower python for designing web applications.
that happens because the overhead is quite negligible compared to the benefits.
I hope you get my point.
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by abbyode(m): 9:03pm On Jul 07, 2013
Hello Seun, I use Alpha five as my main development tools.I am able to build sophisticated Desktop/Web or Mobile app using this tool. I am looking for an opportunity to showcase my competencies. I am not available to work on full-time basis but on a project-by-project basis. Please let me know if there is something we can do together.
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Seun(m): 12:44pm On Jul 08, 2013
lordZOUGA: Okay boss. it's just that SQL being the top of the list of your specifications is weird
Developers who aren't very good with SQL would be unable to develop new features without my assistance. That would suck.

lordZOUGA:
I think the overhead is worth it. I mean everybody knows C++ or C is a powerful programming language and can be used in designing web applications (CGI) yet people stick to using a slower python for designing web applications. that happens because the overhead is quite negligible compared to the benefits.
I feel that ORMs offer negligible benefits, while imposing enormous costs. Writing database queries in an object oriented language via an ORM sucks compared to writing queries in SQL because that's precisely what SQL was designed for. Why do we use HTML for building web pages, CSS for styling web pages, and JavaScript/jQuery for animating web pages? Because using a programming language for what it was designed for provides immense benefits. The features of the language will fit your requirements almost perfectly. You will be able to get things done without fighting your tools. Things you need to do frequently will be very easy. Advanced features will be straightforward.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
I wish am through with learning Python(though know little php but find it boring). Think i should go back and master SQL. One day i wish to do a project for Nairaland.
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by elvis10ten(m): 9:48pm On Jul 08, 2013
I wish i have gotten this stuff. I would have loved to work with nairaland. Atleast the ad part need alot of love, with my study of adsense and other ad network and system i know i can do better.
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Djtm(m): 2:19am On Jul 09, 2013
What's wrong with php? Too common?
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by obioraval(m): 7:56am On Jul 09, 2013
wow... i use Jsp but on a medium scale...
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Dermie: 8:54pm On Jul 09, 2013
undecided...still climbing.

1 Like

Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by GideonG(m): 1:28am On Jul 10, 2013
I am very Hardworking but I don't do web any more, I am strictly on Android development right now.
Currently developing my third Android App.

I will love to work as a Android developer.
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by ooman(m): 5:49am On Jul 10, 2013
multiplatform app with java? holla me pelapps@gmx.com
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Fayimora(m): 11:20am On Jul 10, 2013
so much talk and no applications yet. @Lordzouga you shouldn't be using an ORM if you don't understand SQL.. I've always wanted to help improve Nairaland for free but I'm sure @Seun will not be interested in working remotely.

Any reason why there are no specifics on the skills required? I'm sure some folks wouldn't care but its worth mentioning if you need an intermediate Scala programmer or an expert in Haskell and not just someone who can build websites in "any programming language"

1 Like

Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by okeyxyz(m): 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
Why does @Seun not want his workers working remotely?
Just curious...
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by lordZOUGA(m): 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
Fayimora: so much talk and no applications yet. @Lordzouga you shouldn't be using an ORM if you don't understand SQL..
I know that. but most queries are boilerplate code and can be easily handled by an ORM. the complex queries can be handled by pure SQL. Seun apparently is not being flexible about the SQL and that had me puzzled.

Any reason why there are no specifics on the skills required? I'm sure some folks wouldn't care but its worth mentioning if you need an intermediate Scala programmer or an expert in Haskell and not just someone who can build websites in "any programming language"
I think this was what made me ask if this is a recruitment for site maintenance.
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Seun(m): 4:42pm On Jul 10, 2013
Djtm: What's wrong with php? Too common?
We don't want to hire developers who can only program in PHP, because PHP is a very limited language. However, the original wording mistakenly excluded programmers who can write web apps in PHP but can also create desktop or mobile apps with better languages like C#. We don't mind hiring such programmers because it would be quite easy for them to learn to write web apps in Python, so we've corrected it.
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Seun(m): 5:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
okeyxyz: Why does @Seun not want his workers working remotely?
We've invested in a very comfortable programmer's office in Sango Ota. It would be a shame if the developers we hire don't get to use it.

GideonG: I am very Hardworking but I don't do web any more, I am strictly on Android development right now.
Currently developing my third Android App. I will love to work as a Android developer.
We need people who can learn any language the business needs and develop for any platform the business requires. Flexible generalists!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Seun(m): 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2013
Fayimora: Any reason why there are no specifics on the skills required? I'm sure some folks wouldn't care but its worth mentioning if you need an intermediate Scala programmer or an expert in Haskell and not just someone who can build websites in "any programming language"
Our immediate need is for website development in Python, but I can see us building Scala/Go websites or Java/Objective C/C# Apps later. We are not hiring for a short term project. We want developers who will evolve and grow with us for several years. We're building an organization.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by purplekayc(m): 6:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
Seun:
alright ooo
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by elvis10ten(m): 7:26pm On Jul 10, 2013
Seun:
We've invested in a very comfortable programmer's office in Sango Ota. It would be a shame if the developers we hire don't get to use it.

We need people who can learn any language the business needs and develop for any platform the business requires. Flexible generalists!
@seun, which means with my j2me, java, php and little sql knowledge i can apply and learn python later ?
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Fayimora(m): 11:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
Seun:
Our immediate need is for website development in Python, but I can see us building Scala/Go websites or Java/Objective C/C# Apps later. We are not hiring for a short term project. We want developers who will evolve and grow with us for several years. We're building an organization.
Cool thanks!

@lordzouga I understand what you are saying and I'm pretty sure Seun does too. However, you don't hire folks that can use ActiveRecord, SQLAlchemy. You hire folks that can write SQL.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

V.b 6.0 Product Key / How To Program Mtn Sims To Make And Receive Free Mtn To Mtn Calls / Php Frameworks: Codeigniter & Pyrocms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.