Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,916 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development - Software/Programmer Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development (27226 Views)

Programmers Wanted For A Web Based App!!! / Hard Working And Competitive Web Developers Are Urgently Needed / Vb Programmers Wanted Urgently In A Leading Software Company In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Seun(m): 10:19am On Jul 11, 2013
elvis10ten: @seun, which means with my j2me, java, php and little sql knowledge i can apply and learn python later ?
We can hire you as an intern after you write your WASSCE and while you're awaiting admission into a higher institution. You will have to learn Python to a certain point before we can hire you, though, and the earlier you start learning it, the better. You have two years to learn, so you should be a Python guru by the time you apply.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Javanian: 11:30am On Jul 11, 2013
Boss, Can i apply? grin
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Seun(m): 1:40pm On Jul 11, 2013
lordZOUGA: I know that. but most queries are boilerplate code and can be easily handled by an ORM. the complex queries can be handled by pure SQL. Seun apparently is not being flexible about the SQL and that had me puzzled.
Once you start using SQL, most of your queries won't be boilerplate code. They will be elegant constructs that can replace pages of ORM code.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Fayimora(m): 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2013
I agree! An ORM is amazing until it starts getting in your way, which is inevitable.
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Creatrixity(m): 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2013
Can I apply?I have been working with django ( 12 hours daily) on a project and I will deploy it as soon as I am through with the UI.
I ported from php (hated the url style) to my favourite programming language python so I am proficient in the use of SQL and ORM .
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Seun(m): 3:53pm On Jul 11, 2013
Javanian: Boss, Can i apply? grin
Creatrixity: Can I apply?I have been working with django ( 12 hours daily) on a project and I will deploy it as soon as I am through with the UI.
I ported from php (hated the url style) to my favourite programming language python so I am proficient in the use of SQL and ORM .
Yes. You should both apply A.S.A.P if you're ready to code for us full-time. Let's start the process today.
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Raypawer(m): 4:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
Thank God o! Just happy for ma c# skills... Heading straight to java!
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by AZeD1(m): 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
Seun:
Developers who aren't very good with SQL would be unable to develop new features without my assistance. That would suck.

I feel that ORMs offer negligible benefits, while imposing enormous costs. Writing database queries in an object oriented language via an ORM sucks compared to writing queries in SQL because that's precisely what SQL was designed for. Why do we use HTML for building web pages, CSS for styling web pages, and JavaScript/jQuery for animating web pages? Because using a programming language for what it was designed for provides immense benefits. The features of the language will fit your requirements almost perfectly. You will be able to get things done without fighting your tools. Things you need to do frequently will be very easy. Advanced features will be straightforward.
Using sql directly instead of an ORM is akin to writing inline css except you are using stored procedures.

Though i agree that every developer should know sql.
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by instinctg(m): 8:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
Seun:
We've invested in a very comfortable programmer's office in Sango Ota. It would be a shame if the developers we hire don't get to use it.

We need people who can learn any language the business needs and develop for any platform the business requires. Flexible generalists!

Where's d location? I want to pay a visit
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by elvis10ten(m): 8:45pm On Jul 11, 2013
Seun: We can hire you as an intern after you write your WASSCE and while you're awaiting admission into a higher institution. You will have to learn Python to a certain point before we can hire you, though, and the earlier you start learning it, the better. You have two years to learn, so you should be a Python guru by the time you apply.
yeepeee.
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Ajibel(m): 10:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
Choi! I may miss dis opportunity. Nau i understand Oga Seun's FB post the other day. I hope there is no deadline on when to apply as one can apply anytime even after the project must have kicked off or embarassed Some stuffs i'm currently doing wont make me committed either full or part time angry
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 12, 2013
Ajibel: Choi! I may miss dis opportunity. Nau i understand Oga Seun's FB post the other day. I hope there is no deadline on when to apply as one can apply anytime even after the project must have kicked off or embarassed Some stuffs i'm currently doing wont make me committed either full or part time angry
cry Same here
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by tundebabzy: 9:17am On Jul 12, 2013
A-ZeD:

Using sql directly instead of an ORM is akin to writing inline css except you are using stored procedures.

Though i agree that every developer should know sql.

The truth is good ORMs are created by people who are very knowledgeable in SQL and therefore mostly create efficient queries. ORM is a convenience not an evil. SQL ignorance is an evil and a pain.

Anyway, this shouldn't be a thing for debate. Each organization has its "way of life" and those wanting to join it should be willing to join its culture.
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by aitoehigie: 10:59am On Jul 12, 2013
@seun I can use raw SQL but don't consider myself an expert as ORMs have spoilt me but I would be willing to learn. Can I apply?
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by NEROSKY(m): 12:16am On Jul 14, 2013
*flies to india to learn programming*
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by filanto(m): 11:02pm On Jul 17, 2013
C#, C++, PHP, VB.NET SQL. Am applying .......

1 Like

Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Seun(m): 5:19pm On Jul 19, 2013
Added: Are you smart enough to comprehend & implement intricate Computer Science algorithms when needed?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Javanian: 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2013
Seun: Added: Are you smart enough to comprehend & implement intricate Computer Science algorithms when needed?

Sir, IMO this was supposed to be your No. 1 requirement. Every other thing you initially mentioned can be learnt in a month or even less...

1 Like

Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by filanto(m): 9:22pm On Jul 19, 2013
Seun: Added: Are you smart enough to comprehend & implement intricate Computer Science algorithms when needed?

yes. And I believe all programmers should be able to defined (or interpret as the case may be) a given problem and implement the solution
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by worldbest(m): 9:33pm On Jul 19, 2013

IMO, If your answer is no, you are most likely a copy and paste programmer.
Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by Seun(m): 10:26am On Jul 20, 2013
@Javanian: if they can be learnt after the programmer is hired, then they can be learnt before the programmer is hired.

Added this as well just now:
"The boss is committed to creating excellent working conditions for programmers, because he's a programmer himself. Every programmer will have an ergonomic executive chair, a huge desk with ample legroom, and a beautiful desktop computer with a quad HD touchscreen display and high-end specs. Our programming office has all-day air conditioning and lots of space. Commuting from Lagos will be fast and stress-free due to traffic dynamics."

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hard-Working Programmers Wanted For Website Development by aitoehigie: 10:49am On Jul 20, 2013
Seun: @Javanian: if they can be learnt after the programmer is hired, then they can be learnt before the programmer is hired.

Added this as well just now:
"The boss is committed to creating excellent working conditions for programmers, because he's a programmer himself. Every programmer will have an ergonomic executive chair, a huge desk with ample legroom, and a beautiful desktop computer with a quad HD touchscreen display and high-end specs. Our programming office has all-day air conditioning and lots of space. Commuting from Lagos will be fast and stress-free due to traffic dynamics."
Where is this office located?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

V.b 6.0 Product Key / How To Program Mtn Sims To Make And Receive Free Mtn To Mtn Calls / Php Frameworks: Codeigniter & Pyrocms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.