Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Does This Make Someone Look Like A Showoff? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Does This Make Someone Look Like A Showoff? (693 Views)

5 Real Life Soldiers Who Make Rambo Look Like A Sissy / How To Make Someone Happy / Over 4000 Facebook Friends - Does This Make You Appear Cool? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does This Make Someone Look Like A Showoff? by mamagee3(f): 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2013
I used to live in a two room apartment with my husband and children and then my friend came over from a different city to stay for two days because she wanted to go for an exam since she didn't have money to pay for a hotel.

During her stay, she probably didn't feel comfortable because the apartment was hot. She didn't come again after that, I suspect she stays in a hotel when she comes to my city. After three years, I bought a house and I invited my friend for my graduation and I wanted her to see my new house but she didn't make it... She called to tell me she couldn't make it.

I called her one morning to tell her I had bought a new house and she told me she now lives in a house.

She doesn't call me anymore, she only calls me when she missed my call and then she calls me back.

I was just wondering if I was a showoff to try to show my friend my new house even though I have never gone to her house before?
Re: Does This Make Someone Look Like A Showoff? by gluv01(f): 6:35pm On Jul 06, 2013
It depends on the tune of the language your message was sent. Verbally or through your actions, it might be she thought you are showing off, o indirectly mocking her.

May not be too, she might be jealous you got a new home. Or she is probably the one showing off by spending in a hotel rather than staying free in your home.
Re: Does This Make Someone Look Like A Showoff? by mamagee3(f): 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2013
^^She stopped calling me even before I told her I bought a new house
Re: Does This Make Someone Look Like A Showoff? by gluv01(f): 7:21pm On Jul 06, 2013
mama-gee:
^^She stopped calling me even before I told her I bought a new house

Simple...She is jealous or doesn't want to have any contact with you again. Don't be a pest to her. Search within yourself if you've done anything to make her sad or upset. During her last stay, your last meeting with her, your phone calls or text, just anything to get clues. If you can't find any, since you've tried, if you are a christian, pray nothing sort of malice should be held against you, then cut her off as well. It's not a binding law that every friend will stay forever in your life.
Re: Does This Make Someone Look Like A Showoff? by hakunajay(m): 7:40pm On Jul 06, 2013
Women and their beef...
Re: Does This Make Someone Look Like A Showoff? by tpia5: 2:57am On Jul 07, 2013
mama gee when did you get married?

talkless have children?

you've never mentioned this before.
Re: Does This Make Someone Look Like A Showoff? by Artless360(m): 10:45am On Jul 07, 2013
No snd her abeg..

(1) (Reply)

Solar Eclipse To Occur On Sunday....nigerians Shld Nt Panic / Where's Logicboy? / What Is The Best Way Of Getting Information: Television Or Books

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.