Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Lagos Female Danfo Driver Makes N10,000 Per Day - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Female Danfo Driver Makes N10,000 Per Day (850 Views)

5 Important Business Lessons I Learnt From Lagos Danfo Drivers / Charged N10,000 For Collecting Western-Union With Incorrect ID / Danfo Business-is It Worth Investing On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Female Danfo Driver Makes N10,000 Per Day by MAYOWAAK: 8:59pm On Jul 06, 2013
MRS. Bolaji Adedotun has proved that what a man can do, women can also do it better. Having thrived in the commercial bus driving business in a ‘complicated’ city like Lagos, Adedotun has dispelled the notion that women cannot succeed in traditionally male vocations.

With her over one year experience in Commercial ‘Danfo’ driving, she uses her present job to demonstrate that women can perform ‘blue-collar’ jobs with pride and skill to match any man.
She plies Mile 12 -Maryland route.. Her colleagues often call her ‘Mama’ or ‘Iya’ in admiration of her dexterity in a business regarded as exclusive reserve for men in Lagos.

She sometimes gets splashing gifts from public-spirited Nigerians who like what she is doing.Not even a plum job for her husband could stop her now from the business she has fallen in love with.

Her only request is that government should support people like her to acquire buses that are in good condition so that she can do her business unhindered.

“Most times, this my bus disappoints because it is getting old. If we can get little support from government or banks, I would acquire a new bus and teach men that no business is exclusive reserve for them,” she said.

Telling her story on how she ventured into Danfo –driving business, Adedotun said: “My venturing into commercial ‘Danfo’ driving is a long story. My husband was sacked at his office over one year ago and we have to live, the children must not feel the difference between when he was on paid employment and now. I make at least N10, 000 per day.

“People admire me and give me monetary gifts, they love what I am doing. Some passengers usually give me between N5, 000 and N2, 000 just to encourage me to continue doing what I am doing. Some people buy me Malt drink and some usually pray for me. When I started it a year ago, it was stressful, but now, I am used to it, I don’t feel any pain or stress anymore. My fellow Danfo drivers call me mama or Iya.

“I have three children. It is good for women to be hard-working in this country nowadays. Even if your husband is working, a woman must do something to assist her husband. It is not good to sit idle at home doing nothing. Even if my husband gets the best job now, I cannot leave this driving business. I have to assist my husband so that we can live the comfortable life we desired. Paying children school fees is no joke,” she said.

She also has some words of advice for the youths who are complaining about unemployment: “My message for the youths is to find something doing and work hard. There is money in this country if you really find yourself doing something.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=126179:i-make-n10000-per-day&catid=3:metro&Itemid=558
Re: Lagos Female Danfo Driver Makes N10,000 Per Day by oluwafemi113(m): 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2013
Good for her

(1) (Reply)

Your Email Can Earn You 4k Daily Guaranteed! / Used Blackberry Torch 3 For Sale At 27,000 Naira / Saka Joined The Wrong Team? MTN Losesbig In Mobile Number Portability Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.