Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

Canadian Based Nigerian Teenage Lady Who Produced Jay-z’s New Album Beat, Wondag - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Canadian Based Nigerian Teenage Lady Who Produced Jay-z’s New Album Beat, Wondag (969 Views)

See The Lady Who Is Challenging Cossy With Her Boobs Of 6 Photos Here.. / Emilia Ajie Who Lived With Jonathan In His Teenage Years Speaks / Nigerian Teenage Girl, Victoria Osoteku Found Guilty For Murder In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian Based Nigerian Teenage Lady Who Produced Jay-z’s New Album Beat, Wondag by henrydeelinkag(m): 11:52pm On Jul 06, 2013
16-year-old Nigerian-Canadian girl who produced the beat of Jay-Z’s new album is speaking for the very first time.

Ebony Oshunrinde popularly calledWondagurlwho was credited for producing the beat for track ‘Crown’ inJay’z’Magna Carta Holy Grail albumis based in Brampton, Ontario Canada.

The teenager said she taught herself how to produce beats after watching a video of Jay-Z and Timberland working in the studio together.

“It inspired me and I wanted to do the exact same thing that he did,”

“It’s a really good feeling. I want to show young people that they can do it. Anybody can be successful. It doesn’t matter where you’re from”

In 2012, Oshunrinde became a champion after winningToronto’s Battle of the beat makers competition at age 15.

She became serious about music and signed up with Black Box entertainment, the same label as Classified and started working in the studio.

Wondagurl said the beat that landed him on Jay-s album started with a reggae song.

She sampled the music and added her own twist using computer software.

“It has a lot of bass and a lot of bounce,”she said.
She worked on her beat once and sent it to Travis Scott,a young rapper and producer from Houston who met Oshunrinde last year. He happened to be working in the studio with Jay-Z when she sent him her beat.

A few days later, Oshunrinde was at home with her brother and sister when her phone buzzed.
“He texted me and said, ‘I’m about to change your life,”Oshunrinde said.

When Scott told her that her cut made it on to Jay-Z’s album, she thought it was a joke.
“Usually that doesn’t really happen to 16-year-olds,” theteen said.

And when she told her mother the good news, she cried.

Oshunrinde has never met Jay-Z and, like everyone else,had to wait for the digital release on July 4 to hear “Crown.”

She just got her passport last year, and hopes she’ll meet the rap mogul when she travels to the USA soon.

This is very impressive.

Kudos to Wondagurl

Source: http://www.deelinkage.com/2013/07/canadian-based-nigerian-teenage-lady.html?m=1

Re: Canadian Based Nigerian Teenage Lady Who Produced Jay-z’s New Album Beat, Wondag by chr1s(m): 12:25am On Jul 07, 2013
she looks like a he¿
Re: Canadian Based Nigerian Teenage Lady Who Produced Jay-z’s New Album Beat, Wondag by chr1s(m): 12:28am On Jul 07, 2013
she look like a he¿ but Aside that good beat good music. no good music without good beat. i Neva hear the song sha. thumbs up to herhim
Re: Canadian Based Nigerian Teenage Lady Who Produced Jay-z’s New Album Beat, Wondag by gluv01(f): 12:44am On Jul 07, 2013
Oh that's impressive...Fantastic!
Re: Canadian Based Nigerian Teenage Lady Who Produced Jay-z’s New Album Beat, Wondag by JackBaueress(f): 10:31am On Jul 07, 2013
She looks like weird mc!

(1) (Reply)

Miss Nigeria 2013 / Unpatriotic Ice Prince Deserved The BET Awards Embarrassment He Got / Under Age Marriage Is Our Right As Muslim-asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.