Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita (52320 Views)

Richest Nigerian States Ranked By GDP / List Of Nigerian States By GDP / Richest Countries In Africa According To Their GDP Per Capita (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by ChrisOD: 6:32am On Jul 07, 2013
Overall GDP, and GDP per capita, respectively, are theoretical measures of a country's overall wealth, and the proportion of that overall wealth that an individual citizen of a country gets per annum. In reality, what amount each citizen gets in Nigeria better tells, again theoretically, how well off each state citizen is (or should be) doing.

These are the seven richest states in Nigeria by per capita according to wikipedia (check out each state in wikipedia)

1. Delta
Overall GDP: 16.75 Billion

Per capita:$3,990

2. Rivers

Overal GDP $21.07 billion
Per capita :$3965

3. Lagos

Overall GDP: $33.68 billion
Per capita: $3649

4. Edo

Overall GDP: $11.89 billion

Per capita: $3623

5. Imo
Overall GDP $14.21 Billion
per capita: $3,527

6. Cross River

GDP $9.29 billion
Per capita: $3150

7. Abia

Overal GDP: $18.69 billion
Per capita $3003

3 Likes

Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by ChrisOD: 6:38am On Jul 07, 2013
Each of these states above is better than Nigeria which per capita is $2,700.

Ekiti is the poorest by per capita in the South

Jigawa is the poorest by per capita in the North

But Ekiti is by far better than Jigawa
Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by Afokesco(m): 6:50am On Jul 07, 2013
Delta o^ poi^t...buh thief too much...all our useless..top men na em dey e^joy d Mo^ey.
Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by ChrisOD: 7:02am On Jul 07, 2013
In terms of Overall GDP, Lagos trumps everyone, followed by Rivers, Abia, Delta, Oyo, Imo and Kano, in that order.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP
Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by Temismith(f): 7:03am On Jul 07, 2013
Hian
Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by 234GT(m): 7:06am On Jul 07, 2013
Where is Bayelsa, or Otuoke?

2 Likes

Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by ChrisOD: 7:07am On Jul 07, 2013
If Abia were to be a country, it will be better than a lot of African countries. I am from Abia and I am proud of my state, but I am not proud of the current governor.

7 Likes

Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by ckkris: 7:09am On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by ChrisOD: 7:13am On Jul 07, 2013
Ebonyi is the poorest by overall GDP in the South
Yobe is the poorest by overall GDP in the North and Nigeria as a whole.

1 Like

Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by Prowizy2(m): 7:19am On Jul 07, 2013
So abia got cash.. Bt d state looks like a dump site undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by ChrisOD: 7:22am On Jul 07, 2013
Prowizy2: So abia got cash.. Bt d state looks like a dump site undecided

Not the State, just Aba (similar to Onitsha, a large chunk of Lagos and most of Ibadan)
Other parts of Abia trump many parts of Nigeria. Check out Abriba, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by ChrisOD: 7:36am On Jul 07, 2013
Anambra and Ogun are hitting below their supposed levels because most of their wealthy are invested in Lagos. Most Wealthy Igbos and Yorubas in Lagos are from these states, respectively. The proper Lagosians (indigenes) would be among the poorest in southern Nigeria, sharing space with Ebonyi and Ekiti. grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by ChrisOD: 7:43am On Jul 07, 2013
Once Aba is fixed, Abia may top number 1. May be in the next 10-15 years.
Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by VAQAXY: 7:47am On Jul 07, 2013
Chris-OD:

Not the State, just Aba (similar to Onitsha, a large chunk of Lagos and most of Ibadan)
Other parts of Abia trump many parts of Nigeria. Check out Abriba, etc.

Why can't you guys defend Aba and Abia state on its merits without trying to aligning it to other far better and decent cities? Discount Onitsha from your postulation. Probably you are talking of Onitsha of 7-10years ago. Onitsha is far far cleaner, organized, sane than Aba 10x. Aba is in its own league and class. There is no part of Nigeria that is like Aba. That is fact..

2 Likes

Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by ChrisOD: 7:53am On Jul 07, 2013
VAQAXY:

Discount Onitsha from your postulation. Probably you are talking of Onitsha of 7-10years ago. Onitsha is far far cleaner, organized, sane than Aba 10x. Aba is in its own league and class. There is no part of Nigeria that is like Aba. That is fact..

That is your opinion. I know all the four places very well and I do not see any difference between them. Please don't let us derail this thread. Thanks
Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by fr3do(m): 7:56am On Jul 07, 2013
But the corruption and ethnicity in Delta is strong,very strong.

1 Like

Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by VAQAXY: 7:59am On Jul 07, 2013
Chris-OD:

That is your opinion. I know all the places very well and I do not see any difference between them.

Which place do you know? When last did you visit Upper Iweka or Onitsha in its entirety? Onitsha is light years ahead of Aba in all its ramifications and decency. Discuss and defend Aba ngwa on its merits don't bring another far better city to align with it. I restate it Aba has no equals in being the dirtiest, rotten infrastructure, disorganization, etc.

I hope you do not want us to turn this thread of yours into a e-war zone. Gbalu ogwu gi nuo..before it will start.

1 Like

Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by ChrisOD: 8:02am On Jul 07, 2013
VAQAXY:

Which place do you know? When last did you visit Upper Iweka or Onitsha in its entirety? Onitsha is light years ahead of Aba in all its ramifications and decency. Discuss and defend Aba ngwa on its merits don't bring another far better city to align with it. I restate it Aba has no equals in being the dirtiest, rotten infrastructure, disorganization, etc.

I hope you do not want us to turn this thread of your into a e-war zone. Gbalu ogwu gi nuo..before it will start.

Still your opinion. Okay!!!!!!!
Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by ChrisOD: 8:06am On Jul 07, 2013
Afokesco: Delta o^ poi^t...buh thief too much...all our useless..top men na em dey e^joy d Mo^ey.

I feel you bro, but every state got their own thieves.
Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by ChrisOD: 8:11am On Jul 07, 2013
One other good thing about Abia, there is no overly super-rich person and there is no overly super-poor person. The wealth is more evenly distributed than any other state in Nigeria.
Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by Abagworo(m): 8:26am On Jul 07, 2013
Chino11 has assumed a new user name. Lol. Aba is probably the most organized city in Nigeria from the air and Ariaria is the biggest market in Nigeria. Easily verifiable from google earth. The picture below is the GRA with standard golf course snapshot from my phone.

Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by ZN2: 8:31am On Jul 07, 2013
That list has been meddled with. You forget that's Wikipedia.

1 Like

Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by ChrisOD: 8:31am On Jul 07, 2013
Abagworo: Chino11 has assumed a new user name. Lol. Aba is probably the most organized city in Nigeria from the air and Ariaria is the biggest market in Nigeria. Easily verifiable from google earth. The picture below is the GRA with standard golf course snapshot from my phone.

You are correct. Aba is dirty but not disorganized. It was well built by Sam Mbakwe. It has some of the best town planning in Nigeria. Once we get a good governor that will concentrate on Aba, then we are good to assume our rightful status as number 1 state grin grin
Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by ChrisOD: 8:32am On Jul 07, 2013
~ZN~:
That list has been meddled with. You forget that's Wikipedia.

Get a different list and let's compare.
Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 07, 2013
In Nigeria where there is enormous disparity in the lives of the rich and the poor, do you think all those dollars get to the pockets of the poor masses of each state? In a country where there's inequitable distribution of income and there's wide gap between the rich and the poor. The rich have much high per capita while the poor have a much lower per capita income than the average for the whole population. I bet, only about 30% of the people of those states have their per capita income as high as the average for their respective states.
Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by VAQAXY: 8:38am On Jul 07, 2013
Abagworo=Chris-OD grin

Am not in for una senseless and incoherent argument. You guys has alot of complex, if not why must you people bring in other decent cities to align to Aba whenever it is attacked? But I will not fail to turn this thread into Somalia if you guys will not obey the rules of engagements and discuss and defend Aba/Abia state on its own merits without touching other better cities.
Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by ChrisOD: 8:39am On Jul 07, 2013
[quote author=VAQAXY]

Abagworo=Chris-OD grin
/quote]

You must be an i/////diot.
Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by Abagworo(m): 8:41am On Jul 07, 2013
Chris-OD:

Get a different list and let's compare.

Wikipedia is an easily modifiable site different from encyclopedia and contains several doctored information. It is only through the "Federal bureau for statistics" that one can get useful informations. I however know that Imo State naturally leads in Southeast in both GDP and standard of living.
Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by ChrisOD: 8:43am On Jul 07, 2013
enigma_otr: In Nigeria where there is enormous disparity in the lives of the rich and the poor, do you think all those dollars get to the pockets of the poor masses of each state? In a country where there's inequitable distribution of income and there's wide gap between the rich and the poor. The rich have much high per capita while the poor have a much lower per capita income than the average for the whole population. I bet, only about 30% of the people of those states have their per capita income as high as the average for their respective states.

That is why GDP PPP as well as GDP per capita are theoretical measures of wealth. They do not say what's on ground as you noted. But how else can you measure wealth short of visiting each household and looking into their property (both fixed and unfixed) and bank account??
Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by ChrisOD: 8:43am On Jul 07, 2013
Abagworo:

Wikipedia is an easily modifiable site different from encyclopedia and contains several doctored information. It is only through the "Federal bureau for statistics" that one can get useful informations. I however know that Imo State naturally leads in Southeast in both GDP and standard of living.

Can you post that list then?
Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by solomon111(m): 8:49am On Jul 07, 2013
Chris-OD:
If Abia were to be a country, it will be better than a lot of African countries. I am from Abia and I am proud of my state, but I am not proud of the current governor.
That's applicable to many Nigerian states.
If they were countries,they would be better and richer than many african countries.
Re: Richest States In Nigeria By GDP Per Capita by Abagworo(m): 8:51am On Jul 07, 2013
VAQAXY:

Abagworo=Chris-OD grin

Am not in for una senseless and incoherent argument. You guys has alot of complex, if not why must you people bring in other decent cities to align to Aba whenever it is attacked? But I will not fail to turn this thread into Somalia if you guys will not obey the rules of engagements and discuss and defend Aba/Abia state on its own merits without touching other better cities.

Relax chino and stop acting like we are not all from the same place. I'm even from Imo and know Aba and Onitsha like the palm of my hands. For example the picture below will be difficult for anyone to determine whether it is Aba or Onitsha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘Prayer Man’ Tries To Revive Abubakar Audu, Confusion In Kogi / APC Members Decamp To Labour Party In Alimosho LG, Destroy Their Brooms (Video) / We Deceived Nigerians, Nothing Like SURE-P Fund – Gov. Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.