Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges (14279 Views)

Federal Allocation: Presidency Warns Fayose / Oshiomhole Alleges $700m Missing From Sovereign Wealth Fund / PDP Steals N100 On Every Litre Of Kerosene – Oshiomhole Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by Gbawe: 11:56am On Jul 07, 2013
FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges
By: Bidon Mibzar on July 5, 2013 - 5:26am

Governor of Edo State Comrade Adams Oshiomhole has alleged that the bulk of the statutory allocation from the federal government due for his state is still unremitted.

Oshiomhole disclosed this yesterday at the Second Annual Seminar of the Public Complaints Commission, FCT, with theme “The Role of Public Complaints Commission in a Democratic Nigeria” which took place at the Yar’Adua Adua Centre, Abuja.

He stressed that when budgets were passed by the National Assembly and signed by the government, there was no need for the finance ministry to hold the money.

The Edo State governor, pleaded to the Public Affairs Commission to address the issue which he said he was aggrieved about

“The budget that has been passed, my own share which is meant for me to address the challenges facing the people of Edo State, part of the money has been withheld. The ministry of finance is not releasing my money in full. And I want to place on a notice that between February till now more than N1.8billion for a small state like Edo is being delayed by Abuja. I have to perfect my own credibility as a governor to deliver my responsibility to contractors, workers and everyone that needs government attention. This situation I am facing is of course not pleasant. Something must be wrong.

Something must be wrong if I as a governor can’t get my statutory allocation passed by the National Assembly and signed by the president. If I am not getting it, I am aggrieved. So PCC if you can help me, please do. Kindly go to the minister of finance and tell her to release my money. There are challenges and if we don’t manage them well, all of us stand the risk of losing our credibility in the eyes of our people.

http://leadership.ng/news/050713/fg-withholds-edo-state-statutory-allocation-oshiomhole-alleges

1 Like

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by Diamondpicture(m): 11:59am On Jul 07, 2013
They know how to get it back.
Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by Gbawe: 12:08pm On Jul 07, 2013
Diamondpicture: They know how to get it back.

By going to Aso Rock to grovel and swear loyalty to "GEJ 2015"?

2 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by Tolexander: 12:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
Ahn ahn!

This is unfair o.
After he was NAMAed, they still have to hold on to the allocation belonging to his state.

This is political injustice!

3 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by JeffUwaifo: 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2013
If Oshiomole is agrieved he should go to court rather than dragging poor Civil Servants in PCC into their "Executive" politics.

6 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by lakpalakpa: 12:35pm On Jul 07, 2013
Why is Goodluck Jonathan making a fool of himself??

cool

12 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by Danhumprey: 12:39pm On Jul 07, 2013
I hope this doesn't have anything to do with the 2015 election. I mean torturing him financial in order to get him to pledge loyalty to GEJ's 2015 election ambition.
Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by Gbawe: 12:45pm On Jul 07, 2013
Danhumprey: I hope this doesn't have anything to do with the 2015 election. I mean torturing him financial in order to get him to pledge loyalty to GEJ's 2015 election ambition.

My good man, you can come to your own conclusions. Suffice to say there should be no reason for the allocation of one State to be arbitrarily delayed since, ordinarily and in a stable period, disbursement must be initiated on time for all States otherwise any deprived State will find itself distressed and unable to meet essential obligations.

2 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 07, 2013
lakpa lakpa: Why is Goodluck Jonathan making a fool of himself??

cool
this is gettin very borin! GEJ mata go kill many people for dis NL

11 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by Alxmyr(m): 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
I see some stark misinformation in Oshiomole's word. Maybe he was misquoted.

First, the National Assembly does not appropriate for states. And so Edo state cannot claim that monies passed by National Assembly for his state is held back by the FG.

Second, Oshiomole should have given more detail about what actually transpired and which fund was the FG withholding. I understand that many state cannot access UBEC fund, because the acts establishing UBEC required that states should give account of usage of previous funds released to them and as well as contribute their own quota to the fund. Most state have not done that.

Third, the FG has shown its reluctance to encourage state to continue borrowing domestically which often come at higher interest rates.

Lastly, statutory allocation is not appropriated by National Assembly, and most often if a state is owing some debt, such debt is often remove at source. Many state governors don't like that.

My point is that what Oshiomole churned out to the public is half information which basically was one-sided. He should have been more detail so as we know whose fault it is.

41 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by touch4mony: 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
lakpa lakpa: Why is Goodluck Jonathan making a fool of himself??

cool
do u understand common english oshomole said pcc should him tell minister of finance to release his allocations which the national assembly and the president has signed did u here him say GEJ has refuse to sign edo state monthly allocation.pls if not a must to comment and if u read and dont understand ask for help.

13 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by homesteady(m): 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2013
" I have to
perfect my own credibility as a governor
to deliver my responsibility to
contractors"

Adams!! Its no longer news that you don't pay your contractors!! That's why there a lot of unfinished projects in edo state!! And it did not start this year!! So stop trying to divert the whole blame to the FG
You used Edo state money for your election campaign!! You recked the state account!! That's why you haven't done any reasonable thing in your second tenure!!
Then after the election!! You thought of how to raise money for the state and you came up with LAND TAX!! Unluckily, the wise people of Edo state rejected it!!

9 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by lakpalakpa: 2:30pm On Jul 07, 2013
touch4mony: do u understand common english oshomole said pcc should him tell minister of finance to release his allocations which the national assembly and the president has signed did u here him say GEJ has refuse to sign edo state monthly allocation.pls if not a must to comment and if u read and dont understand ask for help.

.... Ngozi's rotund A55 is firmly seated on Edo's state allocation with GEJ's consent. Isn't GEJ her boss?? She acting on her oga's instructions.

So son, listen to me

You read the lines while I read between them.

cool cool

5 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by lakpalakpa: 2:33pm On Jul 07, 2013
homesteady: " I have to
perfect my own credibility as a governor
to deliver my responsibility to
contractors"

Adams!! Its no longer news that you don't pay your contractors!! That's why there a lot of unfinished projects in edo state!! And it did not start this year!! So stop trying to divert the whole blame to the FG
You used Edo state money for your election campaign!! You recked the state account!! That's why you haven't done any reasonable thing in your second tenure!!
Then after the election!! You thought of how to raise money for the state and you came up with LAND TAX!! Unluckily, the wise people of Edo state rejected it!!

Abeg go shove ur head in your latrine...

Oshiomole is a performer, even the thieves in Edo State PDP know that...

cool

8 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by homesteady(m): 2:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
lakpa lakpa:

Abeg go shove ur head in your latrine...

Oshiomole is a performer, even the thieves in Edo State PDP know that...

cool

I'm sure you have lakpa lakpa (Ringworm) in your brain!! If you don't have anything reasonable to say, don't quote me again!!

8 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by taharqa2: 2:47pm On Jul 07, 2013
Alxmyr: I see some stark misinformation in Oshiomole's word. Maybe he was misquoted.

First, the National Assembly does not appropriate for states. And so Edo state cannot claim that monies passed by National Assembly for his state is held back by the FG.

Second, Oshiomole should have given more detail about what actually transpired and which fund was the FG withholding. I understand that many state cannot access UBEC fund, because the acts establishing UBEC required that states should give account of usage of previous funds released to them and as well as contribute their own quota to the fund. Most state have not done that.

Third, the FG has shown its reluctance to encourage state to continue borrowing domestically which often come at higher interest rates.

Lastly, statutory allocation is not appropriated by National Assembly, and most often if a state is owing some debt, such debt is often remove at source. Many state governors don't like that.

My point is that what Oshiomole churned out to the public is half information which basically was one-sided. He should have been more detail so as we know whose fault it is.
Bless you.... No need to type my comment again. This will suffice. Esp d 1st paragraph...... Anoda PROPAGANDA from d Chief Propagandist of NL smashed

4 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by lakpalakpa: 2:56pm On Jul 07, 2013
homesteady:

I'm sure you have lakpa lakpa (Ringworm) in your brain!! If you don't have anything reasonable to say, don't quote me again!!

If you don't have any truthful thing to say, then keep shut instead of telling silly lies.

2 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by Joyfullyme: 3:39pm On Jul 07, 2013
“The budget that has been passed, my own share which is meant for me to address the challenges facing the people of Edo State, part of the money has been withheld. The ministry of finance is not releasing my money in full. And I want to place on a notice that between February till now more than N1.8billion for a small state like Edo is being delayed by Abuja. I have to perfect my own credibility as a governor to deliver my responsibility to contractors, workers and everyone that needs government attention. This situation I am facing is of course not pleasant. Something must be wrong.

Something must be wrong if I as a governor can’t get my statutory allocation passed by the National Assembly and signed by the president. If I am not getting it, I am aggrieved. So PCC if you can help me, please do. Kindly go to the minister of finance and tell her to release my money. There are challenges and if we don’t manage them well, all of us stand the risk of losing our credibility in the eyes of our people.
God abeg ooo!!! shocked
Sha i hope it is just misuse of the English Language.

6 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by PapaBrowne(m): 4:48pm On Jul 07, 2013
I am a big fan of Oshiomole and I'm proud of his works as the Governor of my state.

But what I have to say about this is that isn't it shameless that any state at all should be going to Abuja monthly to get money to develop itself.

The state has loads of resources. Develop those resources.
Land is the biggest resource any state in this country has. Transform that land into economic opportunity.
This beggarly stance for just 1.8 billion(money some Nigerians dey use buy plot of Land for Ikoyi) is an indictment of all that is wrong with Nigeria alias an absence of true federalism.

6 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by AbuMikey(m): 5:24pm On Jul 07, 2013
iLaugh
Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by gregg2: 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2013
Oshiomole is most likely talking about loans which the National Assembly approved the ceiling for states and FG. But he is so ashamed to to open up fully because of the backlash from the masses who may want to scold him for mortgaging the future of Edo with foreign and domestic loans. But it is so funny how he ended up talking about "My Money" "My own share of the money"
Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by plaindealer: 5:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
gregg2: Oshiomole is most likely talking about loans which the National Assembly approved the ceiling for states and FG. But he is so ashamed to to open up fully because of the backlash from the masses who may want to scold him for mortgaging the future of Edo with foreign and domestic loans. But it is so funny how he ended up talking about "My Money" "My own share of the money"

The man said statutory allocation. ...just assuming you know how to read and comprehend..
Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by Alxmyr(m): 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2013
plaindealer:
The man said statutory allocation. ...just assuming you know how to read and comprehend..

National assembly does not legislate on statutory allocation for states. Statutory allocation is share by a formulae known to them through Revenue Mobilization Commission.
If you read well, he said National Assembly has approved it. So if indeed it requires National Assembly approval, then it must be either foreign loan or domestic loan.

1 Like

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by plaindealer: 7:34pm On Jul 07, 2013
Alxmyr:

National assembly does not legislate on statutory allocation for states. Statutory allocation is share by a formulae known to them through Revenue Mobilization Commission.
If you read well, he said National Assembly has approved it. So if indeed it requires National Assembly approval, then it must be either foreign loan or domestic loan.

This is till your opinion and it doesn't matter how you spin what the man said, fact remains that the man said statutory allocation.

And you are wrong, the NAS legislate allocations and the president signs whatever they allocated to every federal branch. The NAS distributes and allocate our national resources. They allocate funds to the states, the presidency and all the way down to the ministries and the local governments as part of it's budgetary oversight duties and the president sings their legislated allocations and I'm 100% sure this is what the governor was talking about.

I think you are confusing constitutionality with formality.

3 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:40pm On Jul 07, 2013
Oshiomole knows what to do.
Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by Alxmyr(m): 7:40pm On Jul 07, 2013
plaindealer:

This is till your opinion and it doesn't matter how you spin what the man said, fact remains that the man said statutory allocation.

And you are wrong, the NAS legislate allocations and the president signs whatever they allocated to every federal branch. The NAS distributes and allocate our national resources. They allocate funds to the states, the presidency and all the way down to the ministries and the local governments as part of it's budgetary oversight duties and the president sings their legislated allocations and I'm 100% sure this is what the governor was talking about.

I think you are confusing constitutionality with formality.

You are full of ignorance. There is no need dragging issue with you.

6 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by nickxtra(m): 7:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
Tell him. I just dey laf o.

The man said statutory allocation. ...just assuming you know how to read and comprehend..[/quote]
Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by Truckpusher(m): 7:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
Gbawe:

By going to Aso Rock to grovel and swear loyalty to "GEJ 2015"?
This your propaganda is dead on arrival and FYI i'll not educate you less you become smarter in the future. grin

If you don't have enough information or you find your source of information to be politically motivated ,why don't you just shut the hell up....smh shocked shocked shocked shocked

6 Likes

Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by omiobo: 7:45pm On Jul 07, 2013
PapaBrowne: I am a big fan of Oshiomole and I'm proud of his works as the Governor of my state.

But what I have to say about this is that isn't it shameless that any state at all should be going to Abuja monthly to get money to develop itself.

The state has loads of resources. Develop those resources.
Land is the biggest resource any state in this country has. Transform that land into economic opportunity.
This beggarly stance for just 1.8 billion(money some Nigerians dey use buy plot of Land for Ikoyi) is an indictment of all that is wrong with Nigeria alias an absence of true federalism.
Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by plaindealer: 7:46pm On Jul 07, 2013
Alxmyr:

You are full of ignorance. There is no need dragging issue with you.

What's there to drag with me? Your lack of knowledge or inability to read and comprehend?
Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by nickxtra(m): 7:49pm On Jul 07, 2013
You are right mr.man. But why is FG hold tight to money meant to develop a state? I think there is more to it than we can see now.
Re: FG Withholds Edo State Statutory Allocation – Oshiomhole Alleges by nickxtra(m): 7:54pm On Jul 07, 2013
[quote author=Diamondpicture]They know how to get it back. What are u saying?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Incapable Of Ruling A Democratic State, Has A Dark Past – Edwin Clark / Recession: How Can Nigeria Revive its Economy? / Boko Haram Collects Taxes From Captured Towns In Borno, Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.