Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. (90352 Views)

Which Data Subscription Are You Using To Browse? / List Of Cheap Data Subscription Codes For All Network In Nigeria / What's Your Current Best Data Subscription For Android? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 12:13pm On Jul 07, 2013
Ok, its now a common knowledge that MTN has blocked the famous Magic Sim tweak. Hope you enjoyed it while it lasted (I didn't sha, was satisfied with the unlimited BIS though i helped people to configure and use theirs)

The advent of the Magic Sim made not a few moderate data consumers turn into data mongers; downloading hesvy sofwares, movies, streaming TV programs and live matches with reckless abandon grin I even created a thread on how to stream live matchs and watch many Dstv premuim channels for free. This is the link: https://www.nairaland.com/1338153/how-watch-live-matches-tv
I have a friend that will only download the heaviest(HD) of any particular movie available online

What many people don't know is that the use of unlimited data subscription is a bit addictive. You will feel like a fish out of water if you suddenly can't have access to it. cry

Well, you can't stop surfing the web just because MTN don wake up, I was pleasantly surprised that MTN didn't block it for so long despite the hype and abuse by some people.
The aim of this thread is to advice Nlanders on how to make a smart choice when subscribing.

Contributions are highly anticipated and encouraged. Feel free to ask your questions also

1 Like

Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 12:38pm On Jul 07, 2013
The best so far is the MTN BBC subscription. It offers you an internet access for 1 month and 1 week. The bandwidth is capped at 3Gig(some people say dem dey use pass 6Gig sha).
You are given 1 month 3 weeks in your next subscription if you do auto renewal.
Price: 1k
To activate, send BBC to 21600
Change your APN to blackberry.net
Password: web
Username: web
Endeavor to leave every other field blank.

9 Likes

Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Leripa(m): 12:39pm On Jul 07, 2013
Can this also work on Tecno Q1?

1 Like

Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Francheezy(m): 12:41pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2013
My next post will cover another package from mtn. When I'm done with MTN, the next will be Airtel

2 Likes

Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 12:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
Francheezy: .
Badt guy shocked
Booking space grin
I don catch you tongue

1 Like

Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 12:50pm On Jul 07, 2013
Leripa: Thank you for the good work you're doing on here. i just bought a tecno q1 few days ago but i seem to be having problem with data subscriptions. i am currently having mtn and etisalat sim cards in the phone.
how do i subscribe for bis or bic on this android phone? kindly put me through. thanks.
Thanks for the compliment bro. You can follow me for more tips, tweaks and tricks.
Answering your question: what type of problems are you having exatly with data subscriptions? Do you have any active data subscription on your Sims? The your answer will help me provide an effective and tailor made solution. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Leripa(m): 12:59pm On Jul 07, 2013
networkgenuis:
Thanks for the compliment bro. You can follow me for more tips, tweaks and tricks.
Answering your question: what type of problems are you having exatly with data subscriptions? Do you have any active data subscription on your Sims? The your answer will help me provide an effective and tailor made solution. Cheers

what i'm using now is the daily 10mb subsription from MTN but it's not enough for me. what i need now is how to subscribe for the BBC on my android. thanks

1 Like

Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Pimples(m): 1:05pm On Jul 07, 2013
networkgenuis: The best so far is the MTN BBC subscription. It offers you an internet access for 1 month and 1 week. The bandwidth is capped at 3Gig(some people say dem dey use pass 6Gig sha).
Can I make use of this on PC?
If yes. What are the settings?
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 1:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
Leripa:

what i'm using now is the daily 10mb subsription from MTN but it's not enough for me. what i need now is how to subscribe for the BBC on my android. thanks
Its easy, recharge 1k for your phone, send BBC to 21600
Change your apn to blackberry.net
Password and username should be web
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
Pimples:
Can I make use of this on PC?
If yes. What are the settings?
Yes you can make use of it on your PC using a modem.
Use the following settings:
Apn: web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
username: web
password: web

1 Like

Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Kingmanny88(m): 1:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
networkgenuis: The best so far is the MTN BBC subscription. It offers you an internet access for 1 month and 1 week. The bandwidth is capped at 3Gig(some people say dem dey use pass 6Gig sha).
Can this work on Nokia 603 phone?
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 1:14pm On Jul 07, 2013
Kingmanny88:
Can this work on Nokia 603 phone?
Yes it works on All devices
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 1:25pm On Jul 07, 2013
I usually wonder why someone could buy a paltry 250MB for 1k, or 1Gig for 3k when you can get a better bargain by being smart!
It is 1001% legal people
There's no need of feeling you are doing something illegal undecided
Another good package from MTN is BIS. This one costs 1.5k and is capped at 3Gig(some people claim its unlimited, I've not tried it sha, I only know that its unlimited when using BlackBerry phone).
One good thing about the BIS package is that unlike the BBC, you can call MTN numbers at a cheaper rate.
Price: #1500
To subscribe: send BBC to 21600
The settings is the same as that of BBC

1 Like

Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by jazz04(m): 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2013
Nice thread.

1 Like

Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by physise(m): 1:33pm On Jul 07, 2013
networkgenuis: I usually wonder why someone could buy a paltry 250MB for 1k, or 1Gig for 3k when you can get a better bargain by being smart!
It is 1001% legal people
There's no need of feeling you are doing something illegal undecided
Another good package from MTN is BIS. This one costs 1.5k and is capped at 3Gig(some people claim its unlimited, I've not tried it sha, I only know that its unlimited when using BlackBerry phone).
One good thing about the BIS package is that unlike the BBC, you can call MTN numbers at a cheaper rate.
Price: #1500
To subscribe: send BBC to 21600
The settings is the same as that of BBC
yea true
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 1:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
jazz04: Nice thread.
Thanks bro
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2013
My next post will be a tip for the heavy users wink
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Francheezy(m): 1:45pm On Jul 07, 2013
networkgenuis: My next post will be a tip for the heavy users wink
osheeeyy
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 1:47pm On Jul 07, 2013
physise: yea true
Yes o.
Imagine someone spending 3k for 1Gig when I can get more than 10Gig with half of that amount!
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by kunlesehan(m): 1:52pm On Jul 07, 2013
God bless u bro. ur tips re timely n priceless.
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by jazz04(m): 1:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
Nice thread
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Ola17: 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2013
Nice thread boss. I also enjoyed your other thread https://www.nairaland.com/1338153/how-watch-live-matches-tv
now I enjoy my android like never before
following you sharperly cool
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Les: 2:02pm On Jul 07, 2013
does this work on windows phone, pls?? cry I can't believe I just subscribed with 1000 but was given nothing but just 250 Mb for a month, mtn na thieves cry

1 Like

Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Leripa(m): 2:04pm On Jul 07, 2013
networkgenuis:
Its easy, recharge 1k for your phone, send BBC to 21600
Change your apn to blackberry.net
Password and username should be web

Thank you very much
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2013
kunlesehan: God bless u bro. ur tips re timely n priceless.
My pleasure
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
Les: does this work on windows phone, pls?? cry I can't believe I just subscribed with 1000 but was given nothing but just 250 Mb for a month, mtn na thieves cry
It works bro, inasmuch as you can locate your APN settings.
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Leripa(m): 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
Any info for etisalat users? why i ask is because i have 3G etisalat network where i stay and only EDGE for the MTN.

1 Like

Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 2:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
Leripa:

Thank you very much
You welcome bro, remember to come back with your testimony grin
E be like say I you whatsapp me
jazz04: Nice thread
Thanks man
Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by networkgenuis: 2:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
Leripa: Any info for etisalat users? why i ask is because i have 3G etisalat network where i stay and only EDGE for the MTN.
I don't have anything on Etisalat now. Those peeps are too rigid. I have for Airtel sha, but it will come when I'm done with MTN

Pendusky
Please I put a lot of effort in my threads. Its not easy making out time to do this. Just respect my effort by not trying to derail my thread with your game sharing stuff. I beg you well well bro.

2 Likes

Re: Smart Data Subscription For Your Android Devices. by Leripa(m): 2:19pm On Jul 07, 2013
networkgenuis:
You welcome bro, remember to come back with your testimony grin
E be like say I you whatsapp me

Thanks man

yeah on whatsapp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (42) (Reply)

How Do I Know If I Am Sharing My Data With Someone Unknowingly? / Blackberry Playbook: Anyone? / Boys Wearing Slippers, Tee Shirt And Short Nika With Iphone 11,12,13.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.