Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,588 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions About Online Importation Business Answered - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions About Online Importation Business Answered (722 Views)

BVN: Frequently Ask Question / Top 10 Website To Start Your Online Importation Business And Make A Lot Of Money / Frequently Asked Questions: A-Z Of Company Registration In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions About Online Importation Business Answered by mastercee(m): 12:52pm On Jul 07, 2013
Have heard countless of questions from tons of people that wants to go into the online importation business. These are the people that believes that importation Business is a rocket science and that you have to pay thousands of Naira to a self acclaimed guru to learn the business.

Here I provide answers to the top 10 frequently asked questions about Importation Business in Nigeria:

1. I Will Like to Start the Online Importation Business, But I Don't Have A Credit Card or Paypal Account to Make Payment

You don't need Paypal or any special credit card. You can easily pay with your GTB Naira Mastercard if you already have an account with them, If not, simply walk into any of their branches to open a savings account with N1000 and you will get your Naira Mastercard in 2-3 weeks.

After getting the card, you need to request for a Token. Token is a small, flash drive look alike with a small screen and white button beside it. This device is used to issue a one time 6-digit PINs for your internet banking transaction. The last time I checked, It was been issued for N3,000, maybe the price might have changed. After this, you are good to go with your online purchase.

2. How Can I Identify Genuine Sellers Online?

It is always not easy to identify just who may be selling authentic products through the internet, but with careful research and some knowledge, you will find it a bit easy to differentiate a real and genuine seller from a fake one. There are several B2B and B2C trade portals like Aliexpress, Alibaba, DHGate, Everbuying etc with a lot of suppliers, both genuine and fake. So Its always advisable to carry out some research about a supplier before doing business with him/her.

One of the ways to do this is to get a background check. What this means is that you should try and find out more about the supplier and their products feedback. Read all the reviews that are available about the supplier and make sure they are from real people.

3. Can I import Gold Jewelries at Cheaper Rates From Chinese Websites?

The truth is you can import any kind of jewelries from Chinese websites at a very cheap rate and I have made a lot of money from these products. But when buying Gold jewelries, have it at the back of your mind that you are not buying real Gold but "Gold coated" products.

4. Should I Get A Buyer Ready Before Importing the Goods or Do I import First and Start looking For Buyers?

This actually depends on your marketing strategy. You can buy little quantities for a start and show to people. You can use social media like facebook, Twitter, BBM to get people that would be interested in your product. As people get interested then you order for larger quantities. This is one of my strategies.

You can also sell on wholesales, this way you sell at a cheaper price but you will get your money instantly.

5. Which Hot Selling Products Can i Import With N10,000 and Make Good Profits

There are lots of cheap hot selling products you can import and make good profit from, but it depends on creating the market for it. For Example, You can Import some Trendy Fibre shoes for Ladies that won't cost more that N700/piece and sell them for N2,000 - N2,500. What you simply do is to identify where you can find your target market in their large numbers and take your products there. A perfect place to find people for this kind of product is a Tertiary Institutions like The University of Lagos, Obafemi Awolowo university ETC. We all know the paparazzi that comes with being a University student, you always want to stay on top of your game.

6. How Do I Get High Quality Products Online

The truth here is that, you will products with inferior qualities as much as you will find those with high qualities. This is why you should always go through the feedback before placing an order. The feedback are from people that have bought the product. Never buy a product without checking people have to say about it and the supplier.

7. The Shipping Cost is Too expensive For Me, How Can I Get A Supplier to Ship my Products Free?

If you are buying from all these Chinese sites, You can get some stuffs with free shipping to Nigeria. If you are really looking for this, you can select the free shipping to Nigeria option on the top of the page while doing your search but the problem is that the free shipping option may take 15 to 60 days before you get it here. However, you can get some free shipping through DHL which can be delivered in days but such products aren't much.

Also, you can always talk to the supplier to see if he can do the free shipping for you even though there is a shipping fee on the sales page. Some may agree while some won't. Even though they don't agree to do it free, they may help u lower the shipping cost.

8. Where can I Buy Cheap Branded laptops and Blackberry Phones Online?

Ipmart and Cellularcountry are two of the most popular sites to buy cheap branded laptops and blackberry Phones. You can also buy from E-bay, but remember they don't do business with Nigerians so you might have to find a way to go about it, But i tell you its also one of the cheapest ways to buy cheap branded products.

9. Apart From GTB Naira Mastercard, Which Other Credit/Debit Card Can I Use For My Payment?

Another card that is been accepted online is UBA Naira Visa AfriCard. The UBA Africard is a debit card denominated in Naira and its pre-funded and re-loadable. It is accepted on all sites that accepts Visa. You don't have to have an Account with UBA before you can get this card, simply walk into any UBA branch to make enquiry on how to acquire one.

10. Will The Shipping Company charge me for The Collection of The Goods Here In Nigeria?

When you order and you choose the shipping option (e.g FEDEX), you will have to pay for the shipping fee together with the payment of the products. The sales page on the site byou are buying from will automatically generate the shipping fee to your location provided you put your location as Nigeria. Therefore, you will not have to pay any money again when the goods gets to you.

- Source: http://importationwealth..com/

(1) (Reply)

Which African Countries Have The Most Millionaires? / Loan Urgently Needed / Please What Business Can One Start With 50k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.