Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,205 members, 7,815,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

A Nairalander With Mumini Alao - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A Nairalander With Mumini Alao (8630 Views)

A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS / Acn 2012 Qualifier: Guinea Exposed (by Mumuni Alao) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by MAYOWAAK: 4:41pm On Jul 07, 2013
To follow the "herd syndrome" on Nairaland,I have decided to post my pictures alongside Nigeria's foremost football journalist,Mumini Alao.

BRIEF PROFILE OF MUMINI ALAO

Mumini Alao is one of the most celebrated Nigerian sports journalist of his generation.A"cross-over" professional,he combines the talents and abilities of a print and electronic journalist in a manner that is rare,even though his specialization his print.

A graduate of Mass Communication from the University of Lagos where he obtained his Bachelors and Masters Degrees in 1987 and 1991 respectively.Alao joined Complete Communications Limited,the leading publishers of sports information in Nigeria in 1988.He has edited several titles including Complete Football Magazine,Complete Football International and Complete Football Extra which he midwifed personally.He also at various times served as the managing editor of Sports Souvenir and Complete Sports newspaper before his appointment as Managing Director of Complete Communications Limited.Under his supervision,the company grew in leaps and bounds as he extended his dexterity beyond journalism into management.

In 1996,Alao won both the Nigerian Media Merit Award(NMMA) and Diamond Award for Media Excellence(DAME) prizes for Nigeria's sports reporter of the year becoming the first person to win both prestigious awards in the same year.

He also served on various important committees in Nigerian sports including the organizing committee of the 10th FIFA World Youth Championship in 1999 and the 8th All African Games in 2003 both hosted by Nigeria.He is widely travelled and has covered many international sports events including the Olympic games and FIFA World Cup.

5 Likes

Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by Gudintent: 5:53pm On Jul 07, 2013
well done

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by Afrocatalyst: 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2013
Gudintent: well done
hahaha.
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by nekaa(f): 6:39pm On Jul 07, 2013
Hmmm, I see
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by AbuMikey(m): 6:40pm On Jul 07, 2013
Next Thread please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 07, 2013
I have never heard of a nigerian called mumumi alao. I only know of alao akala.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by otikpoko(m): 6:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
Who is Mumini Alao?
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by Enegod(m): 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2013
who is MUMUmi

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2013
J12: I have never heard of a nigerian called mumumi alao. I only know of alao akala.
You must be a learner. Mumini Aloa is a pillar in nigerian sports journalism.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jul 07, 2013
grin
LoL op added hs profile cause he knows no1 knows this munini guy

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by dridowu: 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2013
well done
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by mitey(m): 6:46pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by yuzedo: 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2013
Err... undecided
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by IAMBREEZY: 6:52pm On Jul 07, 2013
Ok nice job
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by scientology(m): 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2013
who me mumumu aloa
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by commynikky: 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2013
MAYOWAAK: To follow the "herd syndrome" on Nairaland,I have decided to post my pictures alongside Nigeria's foremost football journalist,Mumini Alao.

BRIEF PROFILE OF MUMINI ALAO

Mumini Alao is one of the most celebrated Nigerian sports journalist of his generation.A"cross-over" professional,he combines the talents and abilities of a print and electronic journalist in a manner that is rare,even though his specialization his print.

A graduate of Mass Communication from the University of Lagos where he obtained his Bachelors and Masters Degrees in 1987 and 1991 respectively.Alao joined Complete Communications Limited,the leading publishers of sports information in Nigeria in 1988.He has edited several titles including Complete Football Magazine,Complete Football International and Complete Football Extra which he midwifed personally.He also at various times served as the managing editor of Sports Souvenir and Complete Sports newspaper before his appointment as Managing Director of Complete Communications Limited.Under his supervision,the company grew in leaps and bounds as he extended his dexterity beyond journalism into management.

In 1996,Alao won both the Nigerian Media Merit Award(NMMA) and Diamond Award for Media Excellence(DAME) prizes for Nigeria's sports reporter of the year becoming the first person to win both prestigious awards in the same year.

He also served on various important committees in Nigerian sports including the organizing committee of the 10th FIFA World Youth Championship in 1999 and the 8th All African Games in 2003 both hosted by Nigeria.He is widely travelled and has covered many international sports events including the Olympic games and FIFA World Cup.
mumini is one of the best football analyst and football writer in african eVen in the world. I always appreciate his comment anytim issues arise in d futbal world. Thank u bros alao for ur commitment to d growth of futbal in africa

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by SEYIKP(m): 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2013
IF U DONT KNOW MUMUNI, U NEVER KNOW PERSON BE DAT.
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 07, 2013
i'm not impressed. Why don't you post picture of you and Mikel Obi? mtcheew
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by PStacks(m): 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2013
Clap for yourself. Eku ori ire. Mr Mumuni Alao's friend. grin
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by Walexy96: 7:50pm On Jul 07, 2013
Good, the man look smart differ from what his name denoted. The most interesting thing is that the Op proof that he is smarter upstairs too.

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by premlove(m): 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2013
If u dont know mumi alao that means u are not football fan

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by premlove(m): 7:52pm On Jul 07, 2013
If u dont know mumini alao that means u are not football fan
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by strangest(m): 8:05pm On Jul 07, 2013
Is mumina coming out for election? Don't seems to remember him though...
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 07, 2013
Mumini Alao is the worst sports commentator ever

"And theen..Garba Lawal with the ball...And theeen...he passes to Okocha...And theeen...Okocha is still with ball...And theeen.."

Watching Nigeria play rubbish back in the day was so much more annoying with Mumini on commentary duty angry

Complete Sports on the other hand, was my bible...Good job from him there.
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by davida222(m): 8:20pm On Jul 07, 2013
ok
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by naptu2: 8:23pm On Jul 07, 2013
Mumini Alao is one of the best sports journalists in Nigeria. The only time that I was unhappy with his work was when he wrote an article in Complete Football in which he predicted that Clemens Westerhoff would bring disgrace to Nigeria at USA '94. He wrote that article because Westerhoff refused to allow him speak to the players and had him thrown out of Papendal.

( "Bye bye Nigeria" Complete Football, May/June 1994. Page 5).

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by olawalemanog: 8:53pm On Jul 07, 2013
Walexy96: Good, the man look smart differ from what his name denoted. The most interesting thing is that the Op proof that he is smarter upstairs too.
I think the name sounds better than yours...or does your mame not sound like "ex-convict"? Idiotic hater.
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by Olaone1: 9:05pm On Jul 07, 2013
Mumini the great. tongue

Naija's best sports journalist - early/mid '90s
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by cunlekkk(m): 9:06pm On Jul 07, 2013
prem love: If u dont know mumi alao that means u are not football fan
Exactly. So let dem kip quiet n Learn.
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 07, 2013
Nlanders and their mouth grin
Re: A Nairalander With Mumini Alao by donem: 9:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
J12: I have never heard of a nigerian called mumumi alao. I only know of alao akala.
Same with me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

AFCON 2021: Malawi Vs Senegal (0 - 0) On 18th January 2022 / Lars Lagerback Named Super Eagles Technical Adviser / FIFA Bans Nigeria For Government Interference

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.