Stats: 3,162,450 members, 7,850,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

S-east, S-south Govs Pledge Support For Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S-east, S-south Govs Pledge Support For Jonathan (727 Views)

42 S-east, S-south Groups Parley On Rallies For True Federalism / S-east Govs Divided Over Pro-biafra Struggle - Vanguard / S-east, S-south Regions Call For Nigeria’s Restructuring (2) (3) (4)

S-east, S-south Govs Pledge Support For Jonathan by chino24: 6:50am On Jul 08, 2013
Governor’s of the South East and South South States, yesterday, met in Enugu with a pledge to continue to support President Goodluck Jonatham, saying he has done well through his transformation agenda.

However, three governors, including Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi, Adams Oshiomhole of Edo and Rochas Okorocha of Imo State were conspicuously absent.

The governors kept mum on their absentee colleagues. It is not clear if their absence was a boycott of the meeting or lack of adequate communication.

Governor Peter Obi, Chairman of South East Governors’ Forum, who briefed newsmen, declined to take questions hence no explanation was given regarding the absence of their three colleagues.
R-L: Governors of Enugu, Ebonyi, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Abia, Delta and Bayelsa states, Mr. Sullivan Chime, Mr. Martin Elechi, Sen. Liyel Imoke, Chief Godswill Akpabio, Mr. Peter Obi, Chief Theodore Orji, Chief Emmanuel Uduaghan and Chief Seriake Dickson in a group photograph shortly after the South-East, South-South Governors meeting at the Government House, Enugu... yesterday

Present at the meeting were Governors of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta and Cross River.

Obi, who read the resolution of the meeting which lasted about four hours, said the governors commended President Jonathan for the various programmes he had embarked upon as shown in the mid-term report.

He said the report “clearly shows that the transformation agenda is on course and we pledge to continue to support him.”

Obi said the two zones had agreed to work together economically in the area of infrastructure development.

According to him, Akwa Ibom and Abia states have reached an understanding with the private sector to reconstruct and dualize the bad Ikot-Ekpene-Aba road to improve economic activities within the corridor of both states.

He said the governors also discussed the disturbing issue of oil theft and how to curb the menace but gave no details of how they intended to actualize the plan.

Besides, the Anambra governor said the issue of ethnic harmony between the two zones and how to promote it was duly discussed.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/s-east-s-south-govs-pledge-support-for-jonathan/

Re: S-east, S-south Govs Pledge Support For Jonathan by chino24: 6:58am On Jul 08, 2013
GEJ is the best for SE zone, we will vote for him again and again.

-Ongoing construction of Onitsha-Awka-Enugu expressway

-Anambra now an Oil producing State

-Enugu Int'l Airport Remodel

-Second Niger Bridge

-Onitsha Port

-Onitsha-Port Harcourt expressway

Please add your own..
Re: S-east, S-south Govs Pledge Support For Jonathan by sEyi6: 7:03am On Jul 08, 2013
Good to see Chime looking sound and healthy.

However, three governors, including Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi, Adams Oshiomhole of Edo and Rochas Okorocha of Imo State were conspicuously absent

APC confirmed
Re: S-east, S-south Govs Pledge Support For Jonathan by Enegod(m): 7:17am On Jul 08, 2013
Re: S-east, S-south Govs Pledge Support For Jonathan by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:30am On Jul 08, 2013
Remind me, how many states really made this acclaimed pledge outta 36 grin
Re: S-east, S-south Govs Pledge Support For Jonathan by carzola(m): 8:13am On Jul 08, 2013
Is only governor that would vote GEJ? Or is it go and rig ur state formula? I support GEJ but when i hear trash i get pissed. If he wants 2015 he should campagn to the masses and not governors and other pot belle empty heads. Op. Make i hear word.
Re: S-east, S-south Govs Pledge Support For Jonathan by kelvincoll(m): 8:32am On Jul 08, 2013
According to him, Akwa Ibom and Abia states have reached an understanding with the private sector to reconstruct and dualize the bad Ikot-Ekpene-Aba road to improve economic activities within the corridor of both states.

Nice development cool
Re: S-east, S-south Govs Pledge Support For Jonathan by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 08, 2013
Amaechi, Okorocha and Oshimole are on their own.

It is as simple as that.

Besides, as long as it is the same Amaechi who led his "opposition" Governors forum to OPPOSE State of Emergency as declared by the able President and Commander in Chief, then his absence (and those of his supporters) is a welcomed development.

As for Rochas, we shall soon teach the lesson we teach fools who think that they can use the mandate we gave them in good faith to pursue personal dreams of fame! By the time he would be wise enough to learn that the "juice" of the APC is not for slaves like him, it would be so late to fall back on the platform we gave him.

Oshimole is in his own class! I see him as a sincere Nigerian who does not know Nigerian politics. I wish him well in his dreams of a Nigeria with the Utopic characteristics.

This is just the beginning! the South East/ South South alliance will climb to the greatest of the heights. this is not about Jonathan! It is about the survival of our people in this jungle called Nigeria!

Gradually, we shall get there!

Re: S-east, S-south Govs Pledge Support For Jonathan by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 08, 2013
noblezone: Amaechi, Okorocha and Oshimole are on their own.

It is as simple as that.

Besides, as long as it is the same Amaechi who led his "opposition" Governors forum to OPPOSE State of Emergency as declared by the able President and Commander in Chief, then his absence (and those of his supporters) is a welcomed development.

As for Rochas, we shall soon teach the lesson we teach fools who think that they can use the mandate we gave them in good faith to pursue personal dreams of fame! By the time he would be wise enough to learn that the "juice" of the APC is not for slaves like him, it would be so late to fall back on the platform we gave him.

Oshimole is in his own class! I see him as a sincere Nigerian who does not know Nigerian politics. I wish him well in his dreams of a Nigeria with the Utopic characteristics.

This is just the beginning! the South East/ South South alliance will climb to the greatest of the heights. this is not about Jonathan! It is about the survival of our people in this jungle called Nigeria!

Gradually, we shall get there!
u hav spoken like an elder.
Re: S-east, S-south Govs Pledge Support For Jonathan by Longeria(m): 2:11pm On Jul 08, 2013
As for Oshiomole I hold no grudge, it's political fidelity, as for AMAECHI and Okorocha, I hold grudge, because it's political imbecility.
Re: S-east, S-south Govs Pledge Support For Jonathan by MgbekePoosie: 4:14pm On Jul 08, 2013
Like they have a CHOICE?
PSYCHOPHANTIC SLAVES OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC AND SPIRITUAL POVERRRRTY! grin

Wike's Camp Suffers Setback / Obasanjo Hosts Jonathan, 4 Northern Governors / Nigeria: Boko Haram Hunters Burn Another Sect Member In Maiduguri