Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,768 members, 7,865,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun Meeting (574 Views)

Oshiomhole, Okorocha, & Yari Battle For NGF Chairmanship / Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun Governors Meeting / APC: Fashola, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Tipped As VP Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun Meeting by abu12: 7:03am On Jul 08, 2013
The schism in the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) was on display yesterday, with some governors shunning the meeting of the Southsouth/Southeast governors held in Enugu.
Governors Chibuike Amaechi (Rivers), Rochas Okorocha (Imo) and Adams Oshiomhole (Edo) did not attend the meeting held at the Enugu Governor’s Lodge. They did not send representatives.
The other governors in the zone, who are known to be pro President Goodluck-Jonathan’s2015 ambition, attended.
They are host Governor Sullivan Chime (Enugu), Peter Obi (Anambra), Seriake Dickson (Bayelsa), Godswill Akpabio (Akwa Ibom), Martin Elechi (Ebonyi), Theodore Orji (Abia), Liyel Imoke (Cross River State) and Emmanuel Uduaghan (Delta).
Obi, chairman of the Southeast Governors Forum, said the meeting discussed ways of collaboration between the two zones.
He said: “We met today in Enugu and discussed how the two zones will work together economically in the area of infrastructure.
“Akwa Ibom and Abia states have reached an understanding to work with the private sector to reconstruct and dualise the bad Ikot-Ekpene-Aba Road in order to improve economic activities within the corridor of both states.
“We also discussed the issue of oil theft and how to curb it. We discussed the issue of ethnicharmony between the zones and how to promote it.
“Finally, we commend the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The various programmes shown in the mid-term report clearly shows that the transformation agenda is on course and we pledge to continue supporting him.”
Obi did not entertain reporters’ questions after the meeting. He drove off. The other governors also did not speak with reporters.
Oshiomhole’s Special Adviser (Media), Mr. Kazeem Afegbua, described the meeting as “a non-issue that does not bother the comrade governor.”
He said: “What is happening in Enugu State is anon-issue. Is that the Nigeria Governors Forum?We don’t need to bother ourselves with that. When the Governors’ Forum meeting is called by the proper person, the man will attend.”
Imo State Commissioner for Information Chinedu Offor said Okorocha did not shun the meeting, but had other engagements that clashed with it. But he did not speak on why the governor did not send his deputy. Amaechi’s reaction as promised by his aides, did not come before press time

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/amaechi-oshiomhole-okorocha-shun-meeting/
Re: Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun Meeting by Maidoki14(m): 7:17am On Jul 08, 2013
Can 3 walk 2geda,no except dey agree p.let see what module uncle joe will use in attacking osho an co.
Re: Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun Meeting by frodobee: 7:38am On Jul 08, 2013
In primary school, Miss Agatha did teach us Indirect Rule. I think she said it's a divide and rule system of government. I think so.
(dt was hw one Otueke man described what is happening in NGF as he peeped @ me above the rims of his pricely glasses)
Re: Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun Meeting by carzola(m): 8:08am On Jul 08, 2013
Please NGF has not use to the politics of nigeria if touts lik the 3 names above want to use it get political fame it should'nt be my bisness or that of GEJ wit all do respect.
Re: Amaechi, Oshiomhole, Okorocha Shun Meeting by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 08, 2013
Amaechi, Okorocha and Oshimole are on their own.

It is as simple as that.

Besides, as long as it is the same Amaechi who led his "opposition" Governors forum to OPPOSE State of Emergency as declared by the able President and Commander in Chief, then his absence (and those of his supporters) is a welcomed development.

As for Rochas, we shall soon teach the lesson we teach fools who think that they can use the mandate we gave them in good faith to pursue personal dreams of fame! By the time he would be wise enough to learn that the "juice" of the APC is not for slaves like him, it would be so late to fall back on the platform we gave him.

Oshimole is in his own class! I see him as a sincere Nigerian who does not know Nigerian politics. I wish him well in his dreams of a Nigeria with the Utopic characteristics.

This is just the beginning! the South East/ South South alliance will climb to the greatest of the heights. this is not about Jonathan! It is about the survival of our people in this jungle called Nigeria!

Gradually, we shall get there!

(1) (Reply)

Why I Am Angry With Amaechi – Patience Jonathan / Truth About Girl Marriege Bill / Child Marriage: Tonto Dike Tongue Lash The Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.