Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

MTN Latest Bonanza Scam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Latest Bonanza Scam (6039 Views)

MTN Latest Codes For Data And Calls, 500 Naira for 500MB and lots more / MTN Latest Cheat / MTN LATEST PROMO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Latest Bonanza Scam by Blazingsun: 7:41am On Jul 08, 2013
I definitely knew I have to blog about this, at about 7:36:26am on 05-07-2013 I received this strange SMS from M T N STAR and in my mind I said "They don come again", massage content reads "This line have been assign N75,000 Airtime. For your line to be loaded Now, Visit [www.rechargestar.com] your login PIN is "8282". You have 2 hrs left" "SCAM" I screamed in my mind.

I decided to take the following steps since I had internet access, I went to the website "www.rechargestar.com" see exact screenshot below: www.theamebo.com

I entered my winning code as provided in my SMS "8282", see screen shot of displayed message below:
www.theamebo.com

I obviously knew this was a scam, I then called MTN customer services "180" to make enquiries about the website and the said recharge promo, they went on and on with adverts until I was frustrated and hung up the line so that I will not miss my 2 hrs window to make the "N75,000 which I can withdraw from any mobile money or transfer to my loved ones "winks".

Alas I visited the real MTN site "www.mtnonline.com" dats all, see the screen shot below and the striking resemblance:
www.theamebo.com

The only observable difference is that the "media center" tab was replaced with "win/bonanza", so much for a scamming population. At this junction, I was curious so I sent someone to get me a N1,500 recharge card, I am sure you can guess that the only reason I load this denomination of recharge card is for "BIS".

I then ran a search for the "recharge star" bonanza on the MTN (mtnonline) site see search result below:
www.theamebo.com

Nothing like recharge star existed, this concluded my "FBI", "CIA" and "SSS" investigation, it is now time to see the result of playing the "MUGU" or "MUMU" which ever you understand better.

I loaded the recharge card on the site, see wetin the talk o...............

"This is fraud, I just bought this recharge card, scratched it my self and loaded it on this site", I decided to do the regular *555*xxxxxxxxxxxxx# , MTN said the card has been used.

I did all this because of some people out there who repeatedly fall into this telecommunication scams in the name of trying to look for what is not missing. ABEG wise UP

See complete post with pictures at www.theamebo.com
Re: MTN Latest Bonanza Scam by overdrive(m): 8:08am On Jul 08, 2013
Must u send a recharge card before u know it is a scam.my friend u were just scammed datz all.
Re: MTN Latest Bonanza Scam by auztyno: 8:25am On Jul 08, 2013
Scam na scam wich ever way u see it....any average nigerian frm mere seeyin d first masage shud no its a scam....anywa bortom line is dat u were scamed its also gud dey cleard ur doubts hahaha
Re: MTN Latest Bonanza Scam by Francheezy(m): 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2013
liar
Re: MTN Latest Bonanza Scam by mightyleks(m): 4:59pm On Jul 08, 2013
scamed scammer
Re: MTN Latest Bonanza Scam by Blazingsun: 5:04pm On Jul 08, 2013
Francheezy: liar
Nigerians don take am P angry, cooldown, u don dey vex grin
Re: MTN Latest Bonanza Scam by dyn4casie(m): 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2013
lolz tz a scam, jst got d msg 2 day nd i was given 3535 as my code, so i decided 2 click on d link nd i was directed hea ( www.creditmore.net/activate.htm )nly to bi told to load 1500credit. So i googled mtn bonaza nd i found this topic.
Re: MTN Latest Bonanza Scam by ziruv: 10:00am On Aug 25, 2015
Learn how to make dynamic and interactive websites like Facebook! Start now >> /T6eeI9
Re: MTN Latest Bonanza Scam by unlimitedkin: 1:31pm On Aug 25, 2015
AIRTEL 1G, IMEI TWEAKING STILL ROCKING ==> www.kinwap.com/forum2_theme_111187475.xhtml?tema=2140

(1) (Reply)

Two Flies Captured Having Sex On Phone(photo) / The 'flashing' Trend In Nigeria, Doing Bad Or Good? / 10 Free Apps To Install On Your New Android Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.