Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

How To Deal With Forgetfulness - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Deal With Forgetfulness (607 Views)

10 Things You Eat That Destroys Your Teeth And How To Deal With Them. / Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? / How To Deal With Negative People. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Deal With Forgetfulness by Gracedpen: 10:29am On Jul 08, 2013
You put stew on the fire…you subsequently go into your room just to pick up a call…and then you forget all about the stew until it gets burnt…

Your dad calls you to bring him water in a bowl to wash his hands before a meal…and just then, you hear a knock on the door, attend to it and go back into your room…until your dad’s angry (or hungry?) voice brings you to a start…

Your passports have been found in a book, so you decide to keep them in a very safe place. Something in your brain warns you that you may not remember this new place but you dismiss it. Just when you are in need of it, you can’t seem to recollect the "safe place" where you put it…and then you just wish you had left it where it initially was…

He is approaching but hasn’t seen you…you quickly dodge and pretend not to have seen him. Nothing really is the problem but he has told you his name severally and the last time, you promised not to forget. Alas, you have forgotten again...

You have tucked your pen safely in your hair…but you are searching everywhere for it…

You said you didn't have to write it down to remember it...now it seems like someone Ctrl+deleted it from your memory...! 

Pray, what can we do about forgetfulness?!     

One thing I'd recommend is concentration. Always have your mind with your body, don't allow it stray always while you're having a discussion with someone or receiving an instruction.

Another thing I'd recommend is that you should link every new information to something you already know; that way, you won't forget easily. For instance, if the number you are trying to learn is 20002001 and you have a baby born in the year 2000, you only have to note that the number is your baby's birth year (first four digits) and the birth year plus another year (the last four digits).

And yes, do write down when you can!

I trust there are other ways too...so, how have you been dealing with forgetfulness?

SOURCE: http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/07/dealing-with-forgetfulness.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

PETER OBI Keeps On Cutting Healthworkers Salary Every Month Since FEB. / 11 Body Hacks That You Should Know About. / How To Lose Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.