Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

blank - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / blank (720 Views)

What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? / Fasting in Ramadan: The 4th Pillar Of Islam / China Bans Ramadan Fasting In Xinjiang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

blank by leggo: 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
blank
Re: blank by 3kay945(m): 2:14pm On Jul 08, 2013
ask google.. by the way, how is it your bis-ness
Re: blank by leggo: 2:37pm On Jul 08, 2013
3kay945: ask google.. by the way, how is it your bis-ness
slow down captain answer or stay mute
Re: blank by 3kay945(m): 2:46pm On Jul 08, 2013
leggo:
slow down captain answer or stay mute
henceforth lipsrsealed
Re: blank by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
leggo: you eat early in the morning and at night so basically skipping just lunch.
Enlighten me, pls
It is fasting because Almighty Allah Ordained it fasting as seizing the mouth from eating and drinking and saying/acting in whatsoever way that can blemish the fast from sunrise to sunset all through the days of fasting !!!

It shows U aint a muslim also @ that, Why can't U never eat and drink for 40 Days and Night but go dry ?

Hmmm, because 12Hours is the ordained time for U yeaaah, therefore, When SunRise and Sunset is the Ordained time for me !!!

Capische, so no be me u go ask but my Oga Ontop who be God !!!
Re: blank by deols(f): 4:27pm On Jul 08, 2013
our definition of fasting doesnt have to go with yours.

why dont you try fasting our way for a day and see how easy it is?

and again, ours is FASTInG and yours is not. see, it depends on who is defining it.

Plus we dont just skip lunch. we actually dont eat anything, including the snacks and thirst quenching soft drinks that go in between.

and we do all of these for thirty days non stop.

Give it a try and then come back to tell us if it is fasting or not.
Re: blank by golpen(m): 10:54pm On Jul 08, 2013
The yorubas will say "dan wo lo b'iya okere", which implies that as seeing is to believing, so trying is to perceiving.

So you don't get to starve yourself thinking you're fasting with the muslims, try eating around 6 a.m and abstain before eating again around 6 pm (for some 3 days). I'm sure you'll have to create a counter thread such as;

"Eating at dawn, breaking at dusk: the muslims are strong" grin
Re: blank by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 09, 2013
@ golpen; Ramadhan Karim InshaAllah. it is eating but must stop just before dawn [because at dawn, fasting is in full swing] and breaking it just after dusk.

it is Mercy from Allah that He does not burden us like the past nations. our pattern of the same thing is easier by the Mercy of Allah. Our pattern is full of Mercy just like in our repentance [no blood is shed] and in our salvation [Allah Guarantees it as long as we have faith and obey, doing as much good for His Sake].

a woman who by her condition fast from the time of the day when the condition is over, till the breaking of fast can feel the pang of the fast, even if the whole fast was just couple of hours. All our conditions are geared towards forgiveness. No wonder the Prophet [sa] said all my community will enter paradise [InshaAllah] except those who do not want to [hypocrites particularly and those who refuse to turn away from sinfulness].
Re: blank by golpen(m): 7:38am On Jul 09, 2013
RoyPCain: @ golpen; Ramadhan Karim InshaAllah. it is eating but must stop just before dawn [because at dawn, fasting is in full swing] and breaking it just after dusk.

it is Mercy from Allah that He does not burden us like the past nations. our pattern of the same thing is easier by the Mercy of Allah. Our pattern is full of Mercy just like in our repentance [no blood is shed] and in our salvation [Allah Guarantees it as long as we have faith and obey, doing as much good for His Sake].

a woman who by her condition fast from the time of the day when the condition is over, till the breaking of fast can feel the pang of the fast, even if the whole fast was just couple of hours. All our conditions are geared towards forgiveness. No wonder the Prophet [sa] said all my community will enter paradise [InshaAllah] except those who do not want to [hypocrites particularly and those who refuse to turn away from sinfulness].

I tagged it as 'eating at dawn' because I wasn't trying to engage him in a fast, but just a denial of himself, food.

Thanks for the hints anyway. May Allah make it easy.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Priest Says Muslims Will One Day Take Over The World / A Palace In Jannah Everyday / Virtues And Blessings Of Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.