Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,914 members, 7,863,186 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:43 PM

Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome (18661 Views)

EcoBank Sacks 50 Top Managers / Ecobank Nigeria Employees Overworked By The Management / Ecobank Commences Mass Sack Of Oceanic Bank Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome by alstacs(m): 10:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
Ayoolu: Lagos to Lome is 274kms by Google map

Correct person....
I'm very familiar with that road and I know I'd never spent up to six hours along the road despite waiting at the borders cumulatively for about three hours.
Re: Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 09, 2013
coputa: Where is their departure point..if it is from lagos,then there's nothing wrong with it,since from lagos to Togo is a relativeky short journey...you are not being realistic with your argument,...you said its the managers that account for the profit that the bank is making,what of the other workers,are they not as important as the managers without which no appreciable progress would be made in the bank....you said to fly each manager from lagos to Togo and back would cost the bank#80,000, multiply that by 100 people, that gives you a whopping eight million naira just for transport alone,(excluding feeding/hotel accomodation and training allowance)even when there is an alternative and cheap means of doing it...Ecobank is a business organization run with shareholders money,for profit motive......they have to maxximise profit with sound biz skills,and not spending eight million naira when they could alternatively do so with 2 million naira...your hate for the bank has blind folded your reasoning...

Ermm.. I love ur composition. U know what U saying and u said it perfectly well. Thumbs up
Re: Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
@Op, u just did Ecobank more good. I'm sure the CEO would be laughing his heart reading all of ds positive comments on ur negative thread. Pray ECOBANK sends U a msg to reward U for this thread
Re: Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome by dnative(m): 12:20am On Jul 10, 2013
Ecobank staff in Ecobank bus on Ecowas road. Kini big deal. All na Eco.
Re: Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome by naijababe4life: 12:25am On Jul 10, 2013
So! Are they too big to take buses to Togo? Am very sure you are one of their workers hiding under the guise of a nairalander. They are optimizing their resources. Taking panadol for someone else's headache! When you have your own bank,you can pay for your managers ticket to and fro to any part of the world.
Re: Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome by Reference(m): 6:55am On Jul 10, 2013
That is prudent management in action. That's how you join the top 100 club. Poster. What does an Ecobank manager do to fly first class. What. Nigerians and their entitlement mentality.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome by GboyegaD(m): 7:21am On Jul 10, 2013
Bokoharam:

Since I heard of this from a very reliable source, I have not stopped being concerned. I am not a staff member of Ecobank (Yet, even if I am, does it change the reality of the wickedness?). There is also no hate involved. I even think you may be part of the executive that traded lives for money. I believe if your own relative left by road, and you had to keep wake from 8am when they set out till 1.30am the following day, when they arrived at Lome, coupled with staff bus breakdown (without security) in this horrible Nigeria and its borders, you would appreciate and think better.

We are NOT talking about Trainees here. We are talking about MANAGERS!!! There is nothing like 'financial state.' If cost of N40,000 (N80,000 to and fro) is too much for a global bank like Ecobank to absorb on behalf of its top managers, because of "...their financial state...," then, there is no need for Ecobank to be in business in Nigeria. Again, for the bank to identify these Top 100 managers, goes to show that they appreciate what those people are doing.

Secondly, the Nigeria Group contibutes larger chunk of Ecobank's returns globally. So, your argument cannot prevail.

The issue is: why would you subject your best hands to that kind of physically, emotional and psychological torture? That cannot happen in a place like Egypt.

It is time we addressed certain things rightly in NIgeria because strangers capitalise on our docility to castrate and emasculate our citizens.

Planning within their budget is now termed wickedness right? I wonder why we take Panadolfor some other people's headache.
Re: Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome by remarkD(m): 9:00am On Jul 10, 2013
sanniemoe:

Ermm.. I love ur composition. U know what U saying and u said it perfectly well. ...Thumbs up
Re: Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome by Dee60: 10:33am On Jul 10, 2013
This is possibly being peddled by former Oceanic Bank staff who after ruining their own bank have not stopped showing bad belle towards Ecobank. Even multinationals take their staff their by road sometimes.

If the managers do not like the taste of the pudding they could as well go to other banks if they will take them.

There are many ex bankers thrown out to the job market, yet those who are in there would not stop complaining. I sometimes think that some of our bankers are spoiled brats!
Re: Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome by Dee60: 10:36am On Jul 10, 2013
Reference: That is prudent management in action. That's how you join the top 100 club. Poster. What does an Ecobank manager do to fly first class. What. Nigerians and their entitlement mentality.

You used the right word. Entitlement mentality! The aggrieved people should go and form a bank and send their officers in first class whenever they are travelling!
Re: Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
I don't think it was really nice for Ecobank to send their best top hands for a training in Lome, in a rickety old bus. Even if the bank is having "financial problems" or "testing their workers resilience", then they should have provided a very good bus to transport their best hands. I just tire for some people and their ridiculous comments.
Am very sorry to say, but this goes to show that Ecobank does not value the lives of their employees.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome by Bokoharam: 1:43pm On Jul 10, 2013
So sad that many people here did NOT read posts before they commented

1. I stated it clearly that the staff offered to pay for their flight ticket, possibly nothing more than N100k, but they were shut down;

2. If the reason is to test staff resilience, why did other contingents from other countries fly to Togo?

3. If you needed them to go by road, why not use a regular, tested and reliable commercial bus like ABC that shuttles that route?

4. Do not forget that these are their Top managers, making the whole billions that the oga at the top are squandering. It is unfair to subject them to this kind of treatment.

5. Somebody calculated about N8m to transport the Top managers, screaming it is way too much! And I want to educate that person that the least each of those Top Managers earn for the bank in a month as PBT (Profit Before Tax; PBT means after all operating etc expenses have been taken out) is N10m (PER MONTH ooo!) So, what are we talking about? That shows many hungry people here talking do not understand what happens in a bank.

6. People are not also considering the risk. One of the buses broke down within Lagos, and the staff left Lagos at about 2pm when another bus was arranged, causing them to arrive at Lome past 1am; I am surprised that people are sounding this way. For goodness’ sake, how would you feel if your relative was on the road to a ‘no-man’s land’ by 1am? That is terrible! What if robbers attacked them?

7. Do not also forget that the TOP MANAGEMENT of this bank, who are the ‘Baboon de chop’ fly to Togo every now and then. For people talking about prudence..bla.bla.bla, what is prudence? Is prudence not by example?
It is worrisome that people are commenting here based on poverty-mentality and jealousy for bank workers.

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome by Shinatu: 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
The reason corperate organisations prefer air travel and on business class even, is to reduce travel time and stress so that staff can settle in quickly at their destination and focus on the main ojective of the trip.

It is ridiculous to pack 100 managers on a bus to Lome, while other countries are doing it the proper way. If the Bank thinks a Team building event is required, let them plan it.
Re: Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome by elampiro(m): 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2013
Bokoharam:
So sad that many people here did NOT read posts before they commented

1. I stated it clearly that the staff offered to pay for their flight ticket, possibly nothing more than N100k, but they were shut down;

2. If the reason is to test staff resilience, why did other contingents from other countries fly to Togo?

3. If you needed them to go by road, why not use a regular, tested and reliable commercial bus like ABC that shuttles that route?

4. Do not forget that these are their Top managers, making the whole billions that the oga at the top are squandering. It is unfair to subject them to this kind of treatment.

5. Somebody calculated about N8m to transport the Top managers, screaming it is way too much! And I want to educate that person that the least each of those Top Managers earn for the bank in a month as PBT (Profit Before Tax; PBT means after all operating etc expenses have been taken out) is N10m (PER MONTH ooo!) So, what are we talking about? That shows many hungry people here talking do not understand what happens in a bank.

6. People are not also considering the risk. One of the buses broke down within Lagos, and the staff left Lagos at about 2pm when another bus was arranged, causing them to arrive at Lome past 1am; I am surprised that people are sounding this way. For goodness’ sake, how would you feel if your relative was on the road to a ‘no-man’s land’ by 1am? That is terrible! What if robbers attacked them?

7. Do not also forget that the TOP MANAGEMENT of this bank, who are the ‘Baboon de chop’ fly to Togo every now and then. For people talking about prudence..bla.bla.bla, what is prudence? Is prudence not by example?
It is worrisome that people are commenting here based on poverty-mentality and jealousy for bank workers.

Many people here do not understand corporate world. Sometimes it looks like majority of people commenting are students. Even contribution to political topics will make you laugh.

But on your part you shouldn't have abandoned the topic. You can see what it turned out to before you returned. You asked a good question, which is, why is it that participants from other countries did not travel by road? Are they not also cutting cost? Let those criticizing your post reply this.

2 Likes

Re: Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome by anonimi: 4:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
Bokoharam:

Did the participants from Ghana and Benin Republic, for example, travel to Lome by air?

6. People are not also considering the risk. One of the buses broke down within Lagos,

Banking business is all about risk management. Very good lesson from a not-so-obvious source that is used by many leading global businesses.
The bus that broke down shows up the inefficiency of the General Admin people and I am sure they will get the deserved penalty. That is also very good for the managers to see and feel what ordinary staff members feel daily. That is why Fashola and co should ride the BRT buses while Jonathan and co the train REGULARLY and in a RANDOM manner for 1st hand experience of the service they are ultimately RESPONSIBLE for.

I believe Ken Livingstone, former mayor of London used public buses to go to work regularly while the British PM flies British Airways unlike their Nigerian counterparts.
Meanwhile Nigeria depends on financial aid from Britain.
SMH!!!
Re: Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome by TonyLee1(m): 10:29am On Jul 17, 2013
how about Ecobank in Nigeria?is it a super big bank with good reputation and strong ability comparing with first bank,zenith bank,UAB,Diamond bank,and sky bank?
Re: Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome by TonyLee1(m): 10:30am On Jul 17, 2013
in addition,how about Enterprise bank in nigeria?that is a good bank?never hear about this bank.what is the position this bank in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Boss Wishes Everyone Happy Birthday Apart From Me.. / Can An MBA Holder Go For A Phd In Management? / Marine Engineering Aspirants And Practitioners: Any Future?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.