Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,821 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related (1229 Views)

Deep Learning And Machine Learning / How Does 2go And Related Phone Applications Really Work? / Free Stanford Machine Learning Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 08, 2013
Hi everyone. I would like to know if there is anyone on this forum who has done any serious work on AI or machine learning or anything related to the field. I will also like u to tell us the kind of work u did on it. Even if it is a simple project.
Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 10, 2013
Phew!!! Cricket chirps have never been louder

How about some work on Digital Signal Processing? Neural Networks and stuff? Anyone?

1 Like

Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by Blakjewelry(m): 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2013
In nigeria here, we dont take science too seriously, we are alway ready to buy already made tech from other countries. Right now there is no immediate hope for those interest in science and tech.
But you join us at facebook.com/sciencefortress. It's a relative new science community hopefully with time we all we benefit from each other.
Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by logica(m): 2:52am On Jul 11, 2013
...and this information is just for discussion (nothing practical) or what exactly?
Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by Nobody: 5:39am On Jul 11, 2013
logica: ...and this information is just for discussion (nothing practical) or what exactly?

Ummmm. I said any work done on it. So it definitely ought to be practical. I have a friend who is doing a school project and his supervisor wants him to do something along the line. So he has asked for my help. And I am here seeking u guys help. Kapisce?
Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by AOladipupo(m): 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
Did a couple of java projects on Neural Networks some years back... Will probably need to review some books to get fit again
Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2013
AOladipupo: Did a couple of java projects on Neural Networks some years back... Will probably need to review some books to get fit again

U are what I have been looking for. What exactly did the ANN do? And how easy/hard was it to accomplish?
Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by assyn(m): 5:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
Anyone here ever worked on signal processing, more specifically Matched filters? Please I need assistance cry
Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by AOladipupo(m): 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:

U are what I have been looking for. What exactly did the ANN do? And how easy/hard was it to accomplish?

Prediction based on data initially fed into it.
Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
AOladipupo:

Prediction based on data initially fed into it.

Thanks bro. But could u be much more specific? U could save a life or two. grin
Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by Javanian: 12:02pm On Jul 14, 2013
@op does game programming fall under this category? undecided
Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 14, 2013
Well, I wouldnt say "fall under" exactly. I would see it more like "intersect" or "overlap". To be a serious game programmer for some adversary games for instance, u may need to know some artificial intelligence especially some game and decision theory and evolutionary models. It is a bit complicated.
Say for instance u want to write a chess program that can play against a human, u may need to code it with basic chess rules and then give it a sort of reward payment system for the having the least loses possible. So the aim to the game will be to minize its losses. And u could also make it learn new moves the human player uses to maximise his own gain and thereby incorporate those moves into its game plan. There are also some games that dont know the rules until the game starts and have to learn d rules unsupervised.
So basically game programming is more like coding the physics or set of rules while AI will help the computer or intelligent agent in the game adapt itself to new situations within the confines of that set of rules.
Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by Crisnite(m): 12:33pm On Jul 14, 2013
*clears throat, beams smile n suddenly sets a serious face* I did a project way back on geno-fuzzy systems (genetic algorithm n fuzzy logic), closely related to artificial neural networks. Am rusty now though bt wouldn't mind helping out where I can. So what seek ye?
Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
I never really had much love for genetic algorithms. But fuzzy logic is considerable.
So Sir Crisnite, pray tell, what exactly did u do on it. And how god was the performance?
Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by Crisnite(m): 1:09pm On Jul 14, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: I never really had much love for genetic algorithms. But fuzzy logic is considerable.
So Sir Crisnite, pray tell, what exactly did u do on it. And how god was the performance?
Mehn, I fell in love with GA dt period bt FL, well as d name goes was just fuzzy bt scaled through. My work was on an 'expert' system dt can take the symptoms of a patient(plus d degree of d symptoms) n diagnose d patient for an ailment. Mine was focused on hrt diseases.
Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by Crisnite(m): 1:16pm On Jul 14, 2013
It wasn't an easy task esp tryin to fuzzify d non-numerical data like feelings n moods into usable figures bt 1s done it was d coding dt gave me headache.....at d end it workd fine wit d little parameters I imputed.
Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
@Crisnite
Interesting stuff u got there. I am still doing some consultation here. I will still like to hear more from u. So I will let u know as soon as possible.
Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by WhiZTiM(m): 11:51pm On Jul 15, 2013
I think I know one or two in this regards...
Theres A HELL of statistics involved
Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by proudlysports: 1:50am On Jul 16, 2013
If you still need help, do let me know...Ive done some work using ANN, Bayes and D-S.
If I can help, Il def render my services
Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 16, 2013
proudlysports: If you still need help, do let me know...Ive done some work using ANN, Bayes and D-S.
If I can help, Il def render my services

Aye aye, captain. Your help will be much appreciated. Please could u tell what exactly u did with it and how good the performance was. Also, what is D-S?
Re: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related by proudlysports: 8:52am On Jul 16, 2013
D-S = Demspter Shafer...its a generalized Bayes technique used for Data fusion.

Basically, we built a robot for detection of a wide range of substances.

On the performance, we achieved only about half of overall objectives i.e. building the robot, detection of substances.

(1) (Reply)

Learn To Code By Breaking Someone Else's Code / SEO Experts!! / Your 'once In A Lifetime' Chance To Become An Expert In Java Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.