Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

CHOICE Of Laptop For My Course: Software And Information Technology - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / CHOICE Of Laptop For My Course: Software And Information Technology (1172 Views)

Advice Needed: Choice Of Laptop To Buy! (An Architect) / Latest Hot Privoxy And Burproxy Free Browsing Software And Settings / Navigation Software And Digital Maps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CHOICE Of Laptop For My Course: Software And Information Technology by akereconfi: 6:23pm On Jul 08, 2013
I got admitted into Debrecen University in Hungary for Software and Information Technology. Before travelling, I need a laptop. So I need advice on which laptop to get. I was thinking I should go for Aliew Ware. And also please if there anyone here that got any useful info about life in debrecen or any advice to drop about my course. Pls do so Thanks
Re: CHOICE Of Laptop For My Course: Software And Information Technology by davidadenrele: 10:51am On Jul 09, 2013
Hi,

Haven choosen a course on Software and Information Technology is a good start but as regards to your worries for the right laptop to buy or get i will kindly advise you to consider this few factors before you go ahead to buy your prefer kind of laptop.

1. You have to realize that you are studying Software and Information Technology which means you would be doing courses like Java, Advance Java, Java Server Pages(JSP)EJB,ASP.NET .Net+ SQL,MSQ,C# SHARP,VB.NET and so on most this courses are machine programming languages that's they are been debug and compile by machine processor so therefore i will advice you go for a laptop that would have high processor for instance an laptop with a 2.85GHz Core Duo i7" speed processor would be ideal.

2. Program mes such as Microsoft SQL Server and JSP, Oracle DB are database programmes which means that they occupy space and are they occupy much of your virtual memory so you have to also considered the memory of the laptop you are buying i would advice you considered an 8GB DDR3 for the memory of the laptop you are buying.

3. Also most of your work will entail, short project as well you also trying to be ahead of the class in writing your codes and debugging them i will so i will also advise you get a laptop with a 500GB HDD hard drive.

4. Internet Facility in hungary would not be a problem compared to the nigerian factor you will need a laptop with a high cache speed and turbo that would enable browse at a high speed in opening up your web pages.

5. Finally you also need a laptop with a high level of power backup least a laptop with a 5hours battery support while you are away from where you get a power source with this little information be sure to have something that would give value for your money i will technical recommend i would say go buy HP EliteBook Folio and if you feel you will need my support in getting you one here's my contact 017901844.08023900627.
Re: CHOICE Of Laptop For My Course: Software And Information Technology by akereconfi: 11:44am On Jul 11, 2013
davidadenrele:

Hi,

Haven choosen a course on Software and Information Technology is a good start but as regards to your worries for the right laptop to buy or get i will kindly advise you to consider this few factors before you go ahead to buy your prefer kind of laptop.

1. You have to realize that you are studying Software and Information Technology which means you would be doing courses like Java, Advance Java, Java Server Pages(JSP)EJB,ASP.NET .Net+ SQL,MSQ,C# SHARP,VB.NET and so on most this courses are machine programming languages that's they are been debug and compile by machine processor so therefore i will advice you go for a laptop that would have high processor for instance an laptop with a 2.85GHz Core Duo i7" speed processor would be ideal.

2. Program mes such as Microsoft SQL Server and JSP, Oracle DB are database programmes which means that they occupy space and are they occupy much of your virtual memory so you have to also considered the memory of the laptop you are buying i would advice you considered an 8GB DDR3 for the memory of the laptop you are buying.

3. Also most of your work will entail, short project as well you also trying to be ahead of the class in writing your codes and debugging them i will so i will also advise you get a laptop with a 500GB HDD hard drive.

4. Internet Facility in hungary would not be a problem compared to the nigerian factor you will need a laptop with a high cache speed and turbo that would enable browse at a high speed in opening up your web pages.

5. Finally you also need a laptop with a high level of power backup least a laptop with a 5hours battery support while you are away from where you get a power source with this little information be sure to have something that would give value for your money i will technical recommend i would say go buy HP EliteBook Folio and if you feel you will need my support in getting you one here's my contact 017901844.08023900627.

Thanks a million much bro......I just left Lagos for PH.....where do u base and thie HP Elitebook folio ya talkin about. What's the price range?

(1) (Reply)

Needs Speaker For Pc / Hp 250 Notebook Laptop For Sale @ 55k non negotiable / Laptop Displays Plugged In Charging 0 % But Not Charging. Pls Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.