Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Can 300k Buy A Strong Tokunbo Car - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Can 300k Buy A Strong Tokunbo Car (2207 Views)

I Have This Tokunbo Car For Sale On Instalmental Basis / Can #300k Get A Buy And Drive Car? / Can 300k Get Me A Volswagen Bus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can 300k Buy A Strong Tokunbo Car by mrakin(m): 9:25pm On Jul 08, 2013
I am wondering if 300k can buy a tokunbo car. Pls car dealers should pls give us the range of cars and prices of cars for low-income earners. Pls indicate the cost of genuine papers too.
Re: Can 300k Buy A Strong Tokunbo Car by Teeswift(m): 9:53pm On Jul 08, 2013
mrakin: I am wondering if 300k can buy a tokunbo car. Pls car dealers should pls give us the range of cars and prices of cars for low-income earners. Pls indicate the cost of genuine papers too.

yes, nice ijapa(beetle) follow come, u go c like 4 buy for tht amount. Lol..
Re: Can 300k Buy A Strong Tokunbo Car by segiwest(m): 11:21pm On Jul 08, 2013
#300k can only get you naija used cars. Might even not see clean & good cars except old models from '91-'94. You should try naija used for that amount which would cost extra amount for the refurbishing. Contact me on whatsapp 08181651969 for more info...
Re: Can 300k Buy A Strong Tokunbo Car by cintowolex: 6:58am On Jul 09, 2013
I can give dis audi80 automatic gear toks for 450k..call me 07033255421 for more info

Re: Can 300k Buy A Strong Tokunbo Car by mrakin(m): 7:29am On Jul 09, 2013
Thanks for your responses. Low-income is not a sin. So do not look at us like unfortunate people. It is the situation of things. So the young man who wants to sell the only beetle in their family should keep it, am not talking to the likes of him.
Back to the issue, I have seen someone who bought a strong Mazda car with papers for #350k. It is not impossible, it may not be flashy, but it is working. Therefore do not abuse the low-income earners, we do not need your big cars but we have the right to own a car that we can afford to buy legitimately.
Mr tee swift, go and sell your family beetle to cart pushers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can 300k Buy A Strong Tokunbo Car by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 09, 2013
Lol

mrakin: Thanks for your responses. Low-income is not a sin. So do not look at us like unfortunate people. It is the situation of things. So the young man who wants to sell the only beetle in their family should keep it, am not talking to the likes of him.
Back to the issue, I have seen someone who bought a strong Mazda car with papers for #350k. It is not impossible, it may not be flashy, but it is working. Therefore do not abuse the low-income earners, we do not need your big cars but we have the right to own a car that we can afford to buy legitimately.
Mr tee swift, go and sell your family beetle to cart pushers
Re: Can 300k Buy A Strong Tokunbo Car by pato405(m): 9:03am On Jul 09, 2013
smartchoice: Lol

I wonder what comes into their minds when they come on NL advertising cars for as much as 2mil-5mil and even more. People with that kind of money buy from car-stands. For crying out loud, does anyone ever spare a though on low income earners? those who also deserve to own a car but don't really have much? cars are now regarded as status symbol because of the high price tags on them. it fast becoming a tool to wipe out the middle class and reflect the wide gap between the rich and the poor. cars that are bought for as little as £400 in UK (apx 100k)and salvaged junks from US are over-loaded with heavy goods in order to recover the cost of shipping and clearing. They are eventually sold for as much as 800k and even more - all in the name of toks. the 9ja used ones have lost their useful years, a glimpse will tell you that they have seen better days and outlived their usefulness, yet the owners want to sell them at 500k- 650k. Buying them even costs more on the long run because you'll spend a fortune trying to get them back on the roads. It all sends a signal - greed is the order of the day in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Can 300k Buy A Strong Tokunbo Car by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 09, 2013
On POINT!

pato405:

I wonder what comes into their minds when they come on NL advertising cars for as much as 2mil-5mil and even more. People with that kind of money buy from car-stands. For crying out loud, does anyone ever spare a though on low income earners? those who also deserve to own a car but don't really have much? cars are now regarded as status symbol because of the high price tags on them. it fast becoming a tool to wipe out the middle class and reflect the wide gap between the rich and the poor. cars that are bought for as little as £400 in UK (apx 100k)and salvaged junks from US are over-loaded with heavy goods in order to recover the cost of shipping and clearing. They are eventually sold for as much as 800k and even more - all in the name of toks. the 9ja used ones have lost their useful years, a glimpse will tell you that they have seen better days and outlived their usefulness, yet the owners want to sell them at 500k- 650k. Buying them even costs more on the long run because you'll spend a fortune trying to get them back on the roads. It all sends a signal - greed is the order of the day in Nigeria.
Re: Can 300k Buy A Strong Tokunbo Car by USAutoBuy(m): 1:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
pato405:

As much as i undersatnd your explanation, you seem to be seeing thing one sided. Its not uncommon to find cars in the UK or US for about $600. Its very possible. But i can assure you that a $600 car will translate to almost N600k when it arrives in Nigeria.

After buying the car, you have to truck to the port and ship. That will be about $1,300. Lets assume that you were lucky to find a car very close to the port. Trucking about $250. shipping about $1,050.
Remember that trucking is dependent on distance. The farther to the port the more you pay. But to be easy on calculation, lets go with $250

Any car you get for $600 will definitely be underage. To clear any underage vehicle at the port will be about N250k. No short cut. Its ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE to get a $600 that will be within the speculated years without having to repair something in the car.

So lets add it all up

Car $600
Transport $1300
Total $1,900 (N311,600)

Add clearing of N250k

Total : N561,000

That is provided all goes well. More if repair is needed (more than likely). and if you invest N560k how much do you think is enough profit?

Selling at around N650k is not bad. To sell at N650k, he has to price at about N700k.

I am sure if he says N650k for you, you wanna price at N550k or N600k. He will either be losing or making N40k on his investment and effort of about 6 weeks. N650k seems the fairest.

Honestly, your budget will only buy a Naija used. No matter how much you have, there is something more expensive that your money. Even with N3m in your hand, you won't be able to buy a tear rubber Corolla. But somebody is in that position now. Might not be you. Reality is Reality.

So let me know if there is any other way you know about it.

2 Likes

Re: Can 300k Buy A Strong Tokunbo Car by ultrazone(m): 1:15pm On May 16, 2016
Re: Can 300k Buy A Strong Tokunbo Car by emmanok24(m): 5:37pm On May 16, 2016
In all fairness, I'm pretty sure it will be difficult for you to buy a TOKUNBO at that amount.

I recently purchased a VW Golf 2 (2nd Hand) for 250k and I spent about 20k to make it satisfy my yearning and the vehicle came with its complete papers even the custom paper was given to me by the seller.

The vehicle has never disappointed ever since.

My advice is that you visit Mechanic Villages around your locality and beyond and I assure you that you'll definitely find a very good, economical and roadworthy vehicle for the amount.

I wish you all the best with your search.

Pax!
Re: Can 300k Buy A Strong Tokunbo Car by nmreports: 9:21pm On May 16, 2016
USAutoBuy:

As much as i undersatnd your explanation, you seem to be seeing thing one sided. Its not uncommon to find cars in the UK or US for about $600. Its very possible. But i can assure you that a $600 car will translate to almost N600k when it arrives in Nigeria.

After buying the car, you have to truck to the port and ship. That will be about $1,300. Lets assume that you were lucky to find a car very close to the port. Trucking about $250. shipping about $1,050.
Remember that trucking is dependent on distance. The farther to the port the more you pay. But to be easy on calculation, lets go with $250

Any car you get for $600 will definitely be underage. To clear any underage vehicle at the port will be about N250k. No short cut. Its ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE to get a $600 that will be within the speculated years without having to repair something in the car.

So lets add it all up

Car $600
Transport $1300
Total $1,900 (N311,600)

Add clearing of N250k

Total : N561,000

That is provided all goes well. More if repair is needed (more than likely). and if you invest N560k how much do you think is enough profit?

Selling at around N650k is not bad. To sell at N650k, he has to price at about N700k.

I am sure if he says N650k for you, you wanna price at N550k or N600k. He will either be losing or making N40k on his investment and effort of about 6 weeks. N650k seems the fairest.

Honestly, your budget will only buy a Naija used. No matter how much you have, there is something more expensive that your money. Even with N3m in your hand, you won't be able to buy a tear rubber Corolla. But somebody is in that position now. Might not be you. Reality is Reality.

So let me know if there is any other way you know about it.

Your message is well cut across.
Very clear and clear.
You seem a very honest person too.

What vehicle can I get with 500k cash.
Either from you or generally.
Just seeking advice in the general sense.
Re: Can 300k Buy A Strong Tokunbo Car by nmreports: 9:23pm On May 16, 2016
mrakin:
I am wondering if 300k can buy a tokunbo car. Pls car dealers should pls give us the range of cars and prices of cars for low-income earners. Pls indicate the cost of genuine papers too.

What vehicle did you eventually get.

(1) (Reply)

Tokunbo 2009 Infiniti FX35 Very Clean / Naija Used Nissan Xtrail 2004 Model / Superclean Lexus I S 250 With Reverse Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.