Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Ogun Moves For Regional Integration Through Infrastructure Provision - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Moves For Regional Integration Through Infrastructure Provision (760 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Buhari Initiates Moves For Domestic Weapons Production / Southwest’s Commitment To Regional Integration - Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Moves For Regional Integration Through Infrastructure Provision by EkoAtlantic: 3:43am On Jul 09, 2013
EFFORTS at ensuring South West regional integration and development has seen the Ogun State Government constructing roads to link the state with other South Western states, according to the Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Olamilekan Adegbite.

At the presentation of a paper entitled “Provision of Infrastructure for the Rebuilding and Transformation of Ogun State” at the fourth summit of the South-West Heads of Service in Abeokuta at the weekend, Adegbite said Governor Ibikunle Amosun’s administration has started the construction of a 29km Ofada-Mowe-Ibafo Road to decongest the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway and link Lagos.

He added that efforts had also reached advanced stage on the construction of four other major roads that would link the state with others in the region, which are Sagamu-Ogijo- Ikorodu Road, Ijebu Ode-Epe Road, OGTV-Ajebo Road and Sango-Ojodu Abiodun Road.

He disclosed that two new trailer parks would be created along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway to complement the one in Ogere to further prevent avoidable accidents resulting from haphazard parking of articulated vehicles on the road.

Other plan to link the states, he said, is the light rail project to be extended to the borders of Oyo State and link the Lagos rail project, which he hoped that when completed, other states would link up with to enhance movement of goods and people and ultimately boost economic activities in the region

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=126441:ogun-moves-for-regional-integration-through-infrastructure-provision&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Ogun Moves For Regional Integration Through Infrastructure Provision by EkoAtlantic: 3:44am On Jul 09, 2013
Expecting more of these for the betterment and progress of SW and its people. cool cool
Re: Ogun Moves For Regional Integration Through Infrastructure Provision by sexkilzaphull: 3:56am On Jul 09, 2013
Good one, make it quick PLS! I hope Oyo State is getting ready and planning their routes because a connection from Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun Ondo, Ekiti, plus possibly Edo, Kwara, Kogi, etc is the end-game but let us get moving fast! We are already running late! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ogun Moves For Regional Integration Through Infrastructure Provision by EkoAtlantic: 4:22am On Jul 09, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:
Good one, make it quick PLS! I hope Oyo State is getting ready and planning their routes because a connection from Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun Ondo, Ekiti, plus possibly Edo, Kwara, Kogi, etc is the end-game but let us get moving fast! We are already running late! grin grin

Hopefully. But you are lil poor in geography, Ogun shares border with Lagos, Ondo, Osun & Oyo. It's not mandatory that you reach Oyo before accessing Ondo and Osun from Lagos, but it's a must to pass through Ogun (except through the Atlantic from Lagos to Ondo or Benin republic from Lagos to Oyo) because she's all around Lagos, that's why she's referred to as "The Gateway State".

Can't help, I've got to do Musiwa's job for you to understand angry

Re: Ogun Moves For Regional Integration Through Infrastructure Provision by DuduNegro: 6:45am On Jul 09, 2013
^^^
To the North and East Lagos borders into Ogun. On the West Lagos borders directly into an international boundary and you do not need to go through Ogun to access Republic of Benin.
Re: Ogun Moves For Regional Integration Through Infrastructure Provision by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 09, 2013
^^^ what he meant is that, one can get to oyo from lagos without passing through ogun, via benin republic.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Moves For Regional Integration Through Infrastructure Provision by homesteady(m): 9:07am On Jul 09, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:

I dey use GOD beg you!! Remove Edo state from your list!!
Re: Ogun Moves For Regional Integration Through Infrastructure Provision by AbuMikey(m): 9:10am On Jul 09, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:
On ma knees!!!!! Remove Edo state sire!!!!
Re: Ogun Moves For Regional Integration Through Infrastructure Provision by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:26am On Jul 09, 2013
Good one SW...
Meanwhile, from our eastern brothers
https://www.nairaland.com/1351425/abia-engages-imo-economic-war

Dem neva begin biafra o grin
Re: Ogun Moves For Regional Integration Through Infrastructure Provision by EkoAtlantic: 9:49am On Jul 09, 2013
django1: ^^^ what he meant is that, one can get to oyo from lagos without passing through ogun, via benin republic.

exactly
Re: Ogun Moves For Regional Integration Through Infrastructure Provision by EkoAtlantic: 9:53am On Jul 09, 2013
homesteady:

I dey use GOD beg you!! Remove Edo state from your list!!
Abu Mikey: On ma knees!!!!! Remove Edo state sire!!!!

I wonder why he added her. He's mixing up states of same political party for regional integration, which is wrong.
Re: Ogun Moves For Regional Integration Through Infrastructure Provision by AbuMikey(m): 10:25am On Jul 09, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

I wonder why he added her. He's mixing up states of same political party for regional integration, which is wrong.
Exactly!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan Confesses To Be Behind Rivers State Crisis; Shames Media Aides / Abia Gov`s Wife Distributes 850 Empowerment Items. / Governor Fashola's Dad Is Dead???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.