Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,477 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today (5073 Views)

Bayelsa Election: Dickson Submits Nomination Form At PDP Secretariat Today (Pics / The Car Fayose Drove To Inspect State Project Today In Ekiti (Photos) / SSS Storms PDP National Secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by draogtech: 5:16am On Jul 09, 2013
Merging association renovates building which will host its national operations.

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, will on Tuesday inspect the proposed national secretariat of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in line with the provisions of the Electoral Act, 2010 (amended).

A source in the party disclosed this to PREMIUM TIMES on Monday, saying the Commission has written to notify the APC of its intention to carry out the inspection by 10 a.m. as part of the registration conditions.

APC is the proposed merged party of the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN; Congress for Progressive Change, CPC; All Nigeria Peoples Party, ANPP; Democratic Peoples Party, DPP, and a faction of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA.

The secretariat is located at 6, Bissau Street, Zone 5, Wuse District, Abuja, a few meters away from the national secretariat of ACN. It is a cream coloured two-storey building, once occupied by the Nigeria Telecommunication Limited, NITEL. PREMIUM TIMES gathered that the building, currently undergoing renovation, was donated by a wealthy member of the fledging association.

The association applied to INEC for registration on June 7 after which it was asked by the electoral body to constitute its national executive in line with the provisions of the 1999 Constitution. It complied with the directive immediately with the setting up of an executive committee led by Bisi Akande, the incumbent ACN National Chairman; including Aminu Masari, a former Speaker of the House of Representatives as deputy National Chairman; Tijjani Tumsah, incumbent National Secretary of ANPP as National Secretary; Lai Mohammed of ACN as the National Publicity Secretary, among others.

Mr. Mohammed had told PREMIUM TIMES last week that the Commission would soon visit the secretariat for inspection, adding that the building was already undergoing renovation for the purpose.

Kayode Idowu, spokesman of the INEC Chairman, when contacted on Monday night could not confirm the visit of the Commission’s officials to the secretariat, but said, “It is part of the process for vetting the application of political associations that applied for registration.”

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/140498-inec-to-inspect-apc-national-secretariat-tuesday.html
Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 09, 2013
eeeeeeeeeee
wuso wuso wuso!!! wuso!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

#team APC cool

1 Like

Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by kingarizona(m): 9:24am On Jul 09, 2013
Choi.... Na wetin I be!!??
Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 09, 2013
king arizona: Choi.... Na wetin I be!!??

second! undecided

1 Like

Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by sherrylo: 9:26am On Jul 09, 2013
what about the other APC?

1 Like

Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by max1113(m): 9:28am On Jul 09, 2013
draogtech:

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/140498-inec-to-inspect-apc-national-secretariat-tuesday.html
Dancing alingo. Datz gud 4dose boko haram party. Mctheeeeeew
Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by Neduzze5(m): 9:29am On Jul 09, 2013
As e dey hot!!

2015 things on my mind

No time for dulling!

Oya, INEC come inspect my own party (OATT- Oga At The Top) sharp sharp!

https://www.nairaland.com/1228984/new-dawn
grin grin grin
Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by NoContract(m): 9:29am On Jul 09, 2013
sherry lo: what about the other APC?

[size=14pt]Go Radio Nigeria na.[/size]

1 Like

Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 09, 2013
INEC will generate a criterea and I bet the APC Secretariat wont meet INEC standard and wont be approved.
Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by greatgod2012(f): 9:43am On Jul 09, 2013
Enangson: INEC will generate a criterea and I bet the APC Secretariat wont meet INEC standard and wont be approved.

how do you know for sure? Are you one of them? Is that what you people intend doing?

1 Like

Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by omiobo: 9:49am On Jul 09, 2013
Finally,Gej you go need me in banger lee voice!
Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by seunmsg(m): 9:55am On Jul 09, 2013
Enangson: INEC will generate a criterea and I bet the APC Secretariat wont meet INEC standard and wont be approved.
Keep hating, no wonder you can't even spell criteria correctly.

1 Like

Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by homesteady(m): 9:57am On Jul 09, 2013
This is so so unfair!! What about the other APC's that applied 1st!!
Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by chuksoyo21(m): 10:04am On Jul 09, 2013
I am sorry to announce to nigerians that APC failed to meet up with the critaria of owning a standard national secretariat. The said proposed building does nt have windows, not properly painted and above all there was no office to be use by the chairman of the party in the complex.
INEC WILL SURELY TURN IT DOWN!
Trust PDP!
Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:09am On Jul 09, 2013
Whatever. APC, PDP, none has so far convinced me.
I.Joan:
eeeeeeeeeee
wuso wuso wuso!!! wuso!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

#team APC cool
as in wuso wuso wuso for a goat?
Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 09, 2013
I'd love to hear/read about the outcome of this inspection.
Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by eightsin(m): 10:32am On Jul 09, 2013
They are all thesame...PDP,APC n co. All they do is move from one party to another.
Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by Hade4larin: 10:45am On Jul 09, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Abeg i wan register ma party too oooooooo
Cant wait for 2015.........
Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by Lifeiscool(m): 11:04am On Jul 09, 2013
eightsin: They are all thesame...PDP,APC n co. All they do is move from one party to another.
My Brother, there must be an alternative since PDP could not move Nigeria FORWARD but BACKWARD for 14 years. Haba, "our mumu don do". As for me, come 2015 any Party can win apart from this PeeeeDeeeePeee.

3 Likes

Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by Cmeo(m): 12:25pm On Jul 09, 2013
Finally, the real APC is succedding. For INEC visitng the office, that means they have passed the mst difficult hurdles, all other things are just to substantiate the claims and all other previous difficult hurdles.

Wow! APC is winning! Serious and threaten opposition against PDP is making them shiver now and keep them to their toes. Go! Go!! PDP, Go! Go!! Devilish PDP.
Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by PStacks(m): 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
U are inspecting a secretariat.. Have you inspected what is in their Head? Have you examined their Ideology?
Have you examined the records of key members that would take key positions in their govt sholud eventually APC wins?
Have you examined the content of their character?
Have you exmined what they have to offer the electorate?
Is it the secretariat that would resume in the office of the Federal Rebulic of Nigeria or a Politician?
What has inspecting the sectariat got to do with the person to assume helms of affairs in this country?

All these questions needs answers from INEC.

Nigerians like show.. Paparazi..

1 Like

Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by tuyi19: 12:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
Have you guys forgetten that the other APC is still in court, until the case is discharged, INEC has no right to register any party with that accronym.
Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
seunmsg: Keep hating, no wonder you can't even spell criteria correctly.
Hello British Boy..! So the wrongly spelt word made sense and has a meaning for you to understand what he meant.
Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
Juliet24636: Good news, All networks are giving each line 2000 credit Just visit my profile and register using this link http://freeairtime1.wapka.mobi ,when u enter your number,they will send u a code you will use to register,after you finish registering u will see 2000naira ALL NETWORKS, if u have multiple lines u can do it over and over again and u will be given 2000 register and you will be glad you did. Thanks
such message or good news should come with a screenshot of your account balance as prove.
Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by bashydemy(m): 2:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
Why will dey inspect there secretarial in the first place? Out of the 50 parties that was register before hoe many of them have a secretariat in Abuja? most of them no even get Councilor-ship candidate but was registered. I believe this is part of PDP plan to find a way to disapprove them. But if that is the case them all the Party will go under one Humbrella and choose one acronym either ACN,CPC,DPP,ANPP and or APGA. But i believe ACN get it all cos the have the largest member and control states among them.
Re: INEC To Inspect APC National Secretariat Today by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 09, 2013
The office won't exist after 2015.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos State High Court Judiciary To Start E-filling In Cases / Full Nigeria Army investigation report on Boko Haram. *picture / A Standing Ovation For Our President-in-waiting: Rabiu Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.