Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,266 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Nigeria Different From Egypt- Orji Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Different From Egypt- Orji Kalu (603 Views)

Buhari Departs From Egypt Arrives Abuja (pics) / Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram / Orji Kalu Loan Scheme For Nigerians In Congo More Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Different From Egypt- Orji Kalu by leadersseries: 9:11am On Jul 09, 2013
Former Abia state governor Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu Thursday distanced events in Egypt from the Nigerian situation insisting that both countries did not share the same political history.

Kalu said,"we are quite different.Egyptians are used to wars and military rule.Nigerians are not.We only fought a Civil War.For the North Africans,they have seen invasions and battles.From Hyskos,Assyrians,Persians,Greeks, Romans and Byzantines to Arabs."

He explained that because deposed President Mohammed Morsi withdrew a suit against journalists,like the Nigerian government,and imposed state of Emergency in three cities,before the military struck some Nigerians are drawing comparisms.

"That i can understand.However,from 1952 when the Society of Free Officers toppled King Farouk,all Egyptian leaders until Morsi were of military background.Gen. Mohammed Najuib,Col.Abdel Nasser and Anwar Sadat were part of the Revolution.Hosni Mubarak,a fighter pilot also headed the Air force.It is not the same in Nigeria,"Kalu pointed out.

"Nigeria,"according to the ex-governor,"had seen 14 years of Civilian government since 1999,and our soldiers do not really have the Mamluk mentality.The Nigerian military also love democracy".

Kalu added that Egyptians had the capacity to decide their fate without input from Nigerians.

Signed Emeka Obasi SA Media- OUK

Re: Nigeria Different From Egypt- Orji Kalu by Nobody: 9:16am On Jul 09, 2013
Well said, but things do change. Atimes due to circumstances.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Different From Egypt- Orji Kalu by kunlekunle: 11:29am On Jul 09, 2013
u lied,
u r a liar
lies lies lies.

The generals were paid to stay out of politics.
Re: Nigeria Different From Egypt- Orji Kalu by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 09, 2013
kunlekunle: u lied,
u r a liar
lies lies lies.

The generals were paid to stay out of politics.
Which generals were paid?? Say something you know jare. Military cannot do anything in Nigeria again. People had long learnt their lessons if you don't know
Re: Nigeria Different From Egypt- Orji Kalu by kunlekunle: 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2013
chidindufrank: Which generals were paid?? Say something you know jare. Military cannot do anything in Nigeria again. People had long learnt their lessons if you don't know

the pple actually learnt the wrong lessons.
if not all these nonsensical issues shd not be rampant.
in the land of the blind, a one eyed man leads.
Re: Nigeria Different From Egypt- Orji Kalu by mensdept: 2:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
Nigeria is nothing but a militarized country. What is he talking about? Except that if our people were brave like Egypt and France and China, they would have since dumped Owambe and Pastors and killed men like Orji Kalu since.

Period.
Re: Nigeria Different From Egypt- Orji Kalu by egift(m): 5:48pm On Jul 09, 2013
Our top military officers are making huge money from many sources - brides, salaries, smuggling, mercenaries, security services, oil well and trades, handouts, bonuses, trafficking, arms, allowances, politics, investment, businesses ....(did I forget any).

None of them will even allow the current setup to change. Try putting up any nonsense, the Nigerian Armed Forces will use you for shooting practice.
Re: Nigeria Different From Egypt- Orji Kalu by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
egift: Our top military officers are making huge money from many sources - brides, salaries, smuggling, mercenaries, security services, oil well and trades, handouts, bonuses, trafficking, arms, allowances, politics, investment, businesses ....(did I forget any).

None of them will even allow the current setup to change. Try putting up any nonsense, the Nigerian Armed Forces will use you for shooting practice.
Bros no matter how you try to justify it,military takeover would definitely take the country back to dark ages
Re: Nigeria Different From Egypt- Orji Kalu by egift(m): 9:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
chidindufrank: Bros no matter how you try to justify it,military takeover would definitely take the country back to dark ages
Are you sure you read my post at all?

I said the military are enjoying the current democratic setup that they will keep supporting it.
Re: Nigeria Different From Egypt- Orji Kalu by redsun(m): 9:26pm On Jul 09, 2013
The egyptians are more advanced than nigeria in the area of societal norms.They understands what a society takes to function and they know that a should never be guided fundamental delusions of religion and backward.

They know what it takes to be free.Since the time of pharoahs,the people have always lived for self freedom.
Re: Nigeria Different From Egypt- Orji Kalu by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
egift: Are you sure you read my post at all?

I said the military are enjoying the current democratic setup that they will keep supporting it.
sorry, I wanted to react to kunle's post.
Re: Nigeria Different From Egypt- Orji Kalu by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 10, 2013
This actually somewhat comforting, meaning that no military coup is likely to occur for the purposes of corruptly enriching the officers and if a military coup does occur, it would be likely for the right reasons -i.e to cleanse country of corruption.

egift: Our top military officers are making huge money from many sources - brides, salaries, smuggling, mercenaries, security services, oil well and trades, handouts, bonuses, trafficking, arms, allowances, politics, investment, businesses ....(did I forget any).

(1) (Reply)

.. / Petition To Stop Underage Marriage In Nigeria Has Over 12,000 Signed Up / Arms Stockpile: North Prepares For War Over 2015?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.