Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,211 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? (43538 Views)

EFCC Seals Borno House Of Assembly, As Hon Members Take To Their Heels - Nationa / War At Benue State House Of Assembly As Lawmakers Exchange Blows / Tonye Harry Is Dead (Ex-Rivers Speaker) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by MekT(m): 4:43am On Jul 10, 2013
Oga@TheTop:
Sey your source na Maggi Cube, salt or na palm oyel? A picture of the brouhaha could still serve as source.. so try and get pix abeg.

sad

i watched the video ydai nyt!
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Nobody: 5:13am On Jul 10, 2013
buffox: Out of all of this; I cannot help but ponder on this question Where would GEJ go back to as a home land after his dictatorial reign?

Here is a list of all those GEJ has decided to terminate politically and send to the gallows:

- James Ibori (Delta State - SS Region)
- Henry Okah (Rivers State - SS Region)
- Timipre Sylva (Bayelsa State - SS Region)
- Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers State - SS Region)?

There is life after presidency - that's the bit I cannot help but foresee a bleak one for him!

Ummm... interesting question. Problem is Nigerians dont hear even when youre screaming directly into their ears. Let me tell you this, and you can take it to the bank: GEJ HAS EVERY INTENTION TO BE NIGERIA'S FIRST LIFE PRESIDENT. And, he just might succeed. So, theres really no worries about "Life after Presidency".

His first trips as President (2 weeks after he was sworn in) was to visit Paul Biya and Yuweri Musevini: 2 of the most brutal leaders in modern history. Theyve held their countries (Cameroon and Uganda) in bondage for 30+yrs. Do you know how they succeeded in achieving this feat? BY AMENDING THEIR CONSTITUTIONS TO ALLOW FOR SINGLE TERM TENURES! Then, they worked their way up to eliminating Term Limits for the President.

Now, do you remember what GEJ's first proposed Bill to the National Assembly was as President (immediately after returning from visiting those 2 dictators, and just 3 weeks into his Presidency) ? Yup, you guessed right: 7yr Single Term Proposal. Now, he says he wants it to be 6yrs. GEJ has no plans to relinquish that seat; u think he wants to spend time in Prison for all his crimes?

GEJ will do anything to ensure that 6-9months before elections, Electricity supply is "stable". Once he gets reelected, thats it! 2017/2018 expect a constitutional amendment that'll make him Serve another 6 or 7yrs... from there its a wrap.

Bookmark this post, because its like you guys cannot even see what this power hungry Field Marshal rank-wearing-Illiterate-corrupt-backwards-and evil Riverine cowboy has in store for yall.

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Nobody: 5:23am On Jul 10, 2013
Abagworo:

But why is Jonathan so obsessed with power even though God made him to be a follower by nature? This case reminds me of Shakespear's "Macbeth" and how he ended up being consumed by an ambition instigated by encounter with some witches. If I were Jonathan, I will ditch any plan for 2015 and concentrate on building a positive legacy. 90% of Nigerian masses are not happy with Jonathan and he seems to be disconnected from reality. I've never encountered anyone happy with him in Port Harcout.

Mark my words, if GEJ does not get pushed out of power before next elections he'll drag Nigeria into another bloody civil war: all the signs are there already. In fact, Nigeria's been at war since that drunken, corrupt, husband to that fat-illiterate-hippo, got into power.

GEJ will rather Nigeria burn than him giving up power.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by blocker: 6:34am On Jul 10, 2013
angry How can 5 people impeach a speaker. The frustration here is that GEJ group has not been able to increase their ranks by winning the majority. Rivers state is paying a heavy price for their governor's determination to avoid sycophancy in high places. After GEJ go say " I had no shoes". Now that he has shoes he is using it to step on peoples toes. Absolute power corrupted his mind set in absolute terms. I used to think one needed PATIENCE and GOODLUCK to succeed in the right course but sadly the Nigerian situation has proven me wrong.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by sunnyolads1(m): 7:11am On Jul 10, 2013
[b][/b] I Think this news got two versions,one is Chaos in Rivers State house of Rep and this one says Rivers State House of Rep Speaker impeached.To my believe,the Speaker is still in control as Bipi and his cohorts did not succeed in their attempt to impeach the Speaker due to quick intervention of the Governor Ameachi. Now,there were heavy presence of police at the Chamber and could not do anything to restore peace and orders. That shows it was Pro Gej at work.Anyway,I want to remind Gej the case of Haman and Mordecai in the book of Esther in the bible..if Gej continue in this act,he will continue to be floored by this man called Ameachi. A word is enough for a wise.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by omiobo: 8:00am On Jul 10, 2013
kopite:

the name rotimi has nothing to do with Yoruba connection. the name rotimi was given to amaechi cos his father wanted him to be a lawyer like rotimi Williams. source your facts right.
Thx for the info but I didn't write anything about his name. I was referring to his character.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Akainzo(m): 8:15am On Jul 10, 2013
jmaine:
Going by the video evidence, Amaechi never stopped the impeachment process cos the illegality had already been accomplished. So hypothetically it was successful but theoretically and technically it's a ruse cos it's not backed by the statutes of the law

In the face of the law, can this impeachment stand despite having been accomplished. My answer is a no, cos the law court will rule in favour of team Amaechi going by present reports . . .

So what's the hulabaloo about. . .

And while the process to prove that the impeachment is an illegality to be overturned by the courts, WHERE WOULD AMAECHI BE? Would he be a Governor or would be be hounded by the same Police that would be used to effect the unlawful impeachment?

I ask you, would you engage in fisticuff to prevent your brother from being shot, or would you wait let him be shot and then go to court to sue the assailant?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Demdem(m): 8:19am On Jul 10, 2013
If an illegality wasn't committed, Amaechi wouldn't have gone to the house. The probability that the illegality would have succeded and implemented by the police is quite high considering the fact that a very similar incident has happened before in Oyo. If the speaker was impeached, Amaechi was surely next.
We should also understand that this commisioner of police was once the CP of Oyo state and he left under acrimonious circumstances. He knows and understands how this illegality work in a country like ours.

On this basis, I support the movement of Amaechi to the house. It was surely the turning point. The trouble makers surely didn't see that coming and Amaechi has shown once again that he is far smarter than these fools.
That singular action once again has brought much more sorrow to wike and his supporters in Abuja headed by the retardeen himself.

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by jmaine: 8:34am On Jul 10, 2013
Akainzo:

And while the process to prove that the impeachment is an illegality to be overturned by the courts, WHERE WOULD AMAECHI BE? Would he be a Governor or would be be hounded by the same Police that would be used to effect the unlawful impeachment?

I ask you, would you engage in fisticuff to prevent your brother from being shot, or would you wait let him be shot and then go to court to sue the assailant?

Repeating an already answered question doesn't make sense.

its even funny how 5 lawmakers can overpower 27 others, are they that weak to need hulk Hogan Amaechi storming for their rescue . .

The impeachment was successful but there was a counter measure to show the numerical advantage of the opposing group. And I believe 27 is way greater than 5 for effective taiming and counter measure

So the question of where will Amaechi be shouldn't even arise cos the situation already panned out. As we speak, there are two speakers albeit one illegally elected and the original with Amaechi still the gov. So what has really changed ?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by jmaine: 8:35am On Jul 10, 2013
double post . . .
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by drnoel: 8:37am On Jul 10, 2013
Symphony007: HOW RIVERS STATE SPEAKER RT. HON. DAN AMACHREE WAS IMPEACHED

The Rivers State lawmakers have impeached the Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly Rt Hon Dan Amachree . A new Speaker Hon Evans Bipi has been elected .However, the Speaker Dan Amacree denied on phone that he has been impeached .We gathered that immediately the speakers was impeached the Assembly complex broke into choas and staff fled as members fought and blows were exchanged.

A group also attempted to collect the mace of the assembly while some staffs who fled claim Gov Ameachi himself stormed the house and took the mace. In an attempt to put a lid on the situation ,Leader of the house, Chidi Lyod has said via call that there was no impeachment but that there is heavy security at the complex, staffs have fled.

Memwhile the Rivers State Commissioner of Information, Mrs Ibim Seminitari has called on channels TV to give the governors side of the story on the issue. She claimed that while the house was about to begin it’s sitting and the speaker was exchanging pleasantries with other members, the leader of the Pro GEJ lawmakers, Evans frustrated with their inability to Impeach the governor walked up to him and started slapping him, to which the speaker fought back and a massive fight erupted in the chamber between Pro Ameachi and Pro GEJ lawmakers. And then some hoodlums hired by the Pro GEJ group according to her jumped in from the gallery and joined the fight attempting to collect the mace.

Upon hearing this from the government house which is a few blocks away from the assembly, the governour set off in his motorcade to the assembly with his security and when he arrived the fight intensified with Pro GEJ lawmakers throwing things at the governor. Cars were destroyed, their were injuries on both side. The commissioner said a full statement will be released on the incident.

http://famouspeoplenews./2013/07/09/how-rivers-state-speaker-rt-hon-dan-amachree-was-impeached/

This story is full of lies, the speaker was not impeached
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Deeldorado: 8:46am On Jul 10, 2013
I just observed that Nairaland has been so biased against opposition in recent times in their front page news. Now the bias is against Amaechi in the Presidency vs Amaechi saga. Nairaland should tell us how five people can impeach a speaker in a house of 32 members with 27 backing the Speaker. Please, let's stop promoting unnecessary chaos in the polity.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by funnyx(m): 8:46am On Jul 10, 2013
Amaechi understand Fela song wella:
I no be gentle man at all
I be African man original. .... grin grin
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Demdem(m): 8:56am On Jul 10, 2013
funnyx: Amaechi understand Fela song wella:
I no be gentle man at all
I be African man original. .... grin grin

Yes ke. cheesy
Tinubu did it for Obj and succeded.
Orji also succeded against Obj.
Why won't Amaechi succed against the Retardeen?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Crown128(m): 9:29am On Jul 10, 2013
omiobo: gringringrin Yoruba blood dey flow for Amaechi's vein. Abeg we need ur "rascality" for APCgrin
This is political issue and it has nothing to do with tribe. Grow up and stop acting like a spoilt brat. Pls if you don't have any better thing to say it would have been better if you STFU.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Akainzo(m): 9:32am On Jul 10, 2013
jmaine:

Repeating an already answered question doesn't make sense.

its even funny how 5 lawmakers can overpower 27 others, are they that weak to need hulk Hogan Amaechi storming for their rescue . .

The impeachment was successful but there was a counter measure to show the numerical advantage of the opposing group. And I believe 27 is way greater than 5 for effective taiming and counter measure

So the question of where will Amaechi be shouldn't even arise cos the situation already panned out. As we speak, there are two speakers albeit one illegally elected and the original with Amaechi still the gov. So what has really changed ?

Hmmm, Do you then find it strange that the Rivers Stated PDP EXCO has already recognised Bipi as the authentic Speaker of the RVHA?

Were you not in Nigeria when it happened in Oyo State? What happeened to Ladoja, what did the Police do even in all the overwhelming evidence that a thug presided over the purported session?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by jmaine: 11:06am On Jul 10, 2013
Akainzo:

Hmmm, Do you then find it strange that the Rivers Stated PDP EXCO has already recognised Bipi as the authentic Speaker of the RVHA?

Were you not in Nigeria when it happened in Oyo State? What happeened to Ladoja, what did the Police do even in all the overwhelming evidence that a thug presided over purported session?

The Rivers state PDP exco actions doesn't surprise me cos the desperate precedence is already evident in our polity with respect to Oyo state you mentioned.

The River State PDP shameless stand supports my view that Amaechi is still the governor despite the illegality that was successfully carried out.

Nothing has changed bruv . . .
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Akainzo(m): 11:12am On Jul 10, 2013
jmaine:

The Rivers state PDP exco actions doesn't surprise me cos the desperate precedence is already evident in our polity with respect to Oyo state you mentioned.

The River State PDP shameless stand supports my view that Amaechi is still the governor despite the illegality that was successfully carried out .

Nothing has changed bruv . . .

The bolded cracked me up, "Illegality that was Successfully carried out!" SMH.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by jmaine: 11:33am On Jul 10, 2013
Akainzo:

The bolded cracked me up, "Illegality that was Successfully carried out!" SMH.

Its the sham speaker impeachment, get it ?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:53am On Jul 10, 2013
Ok, we have heard Ameachi's claim (side of the story) - through his commissioner, we'll need to hear the other side, so we can decide who get fault.

But in my opinion, it doesn't make sense that a member of the house will just walk up to the speaker and slap him(she is probably telling us half-truth, or mayb she doesn't have all the details).

I don't know much about the national Assembly, but I don't think, its right for the governor To walk into the 'house of assembly' - on what grounds? To settle fight? You b police?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by NOLONGTIN1(m): 12:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
sunnyolads1: [b][/b] I Think this news got two versions,one is Chaos in Rivers State house of Rep and this one says Rivers State House of Rep Speaker impeached.To my believe,the Speaker is still in control as Bipi and his cohorts did not succeed in their attempt to impeach the Speaker due to quick intervention of the Governor Ameachi. Now,there were heavy presence of police at the Chamber and could not do anything to restore peace and orders. That shows it was Pro Gej at work.Anyway,I want to remind Gej the case of Haman and Mordecai in the book of Esther in the bible..if Gej continue in this act,he will continue to be floored by this man called Ameachi. A word is enough for a wise.

So if na u b d police officer, u go go seperate fight?? Dat will be d day u become unemployed - e go shock u say the people way dey fight go ask for ur sack.
anyway u no dey police na y u dey tlk like dis

Word of advice, as a police officer, never seperate any fight Involving 'big men' or politicians except they come/report the matter to you. #AWordIsEnoughForTheWise

like say u neva hear 'there is no permanent enemy in politics, the people way u think say they fight, u come go seperate go come DPO office hand in hand saying u harassed/interfered when them dey tlk.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by omiobo: 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
Crown128: This is political issue and it has nothing to do with tribe. Grow up and stop acting like a spoilt brat. Pls if you don't have any better thing to say it would have been better if you STFU.
Cmon! It hasn't gotten to this. Well,if that is the way u want it. If I'm acting like a spoilt brat,your father acting like a c.u#t slave.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Akainzo(m): 1:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
omiobo:
Cmon! It hasn't gotten to this. Well,if that is the way u want it. If I'm acting like a spoilt brat,your father acting like a c.u#t slave.

Hmmmm. the guy spoke to you, YOU, you spoke about his father! Haba!
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by omiobo: 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
Akainzo:

Hmmmm. the guy spoke to you, YOU, you spoke about his father! Haba!
If you can't take it don't give it out. That's my rule!
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Abuloma80(f): 8:09pm On Jul 10, 2013
OMG This happening in the Garden city? Quite unfortunate. Remembered this Garden city way back 1975 when I was a student at FGGC Abuloma (Center of Beauty Queens[color=#770077][/color]) grin grin
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by nopsman1: 9:00am On Jul 16, 2013
kingoflag:

Ummm... interesting question. Problem is Nigerians dont hear even when youre screaming directly into their ears. Let me tell you this, and you can take it to the bank: GEJ HAS EVERY INTENTION TO BE NIGERIA'S FIRST LIFE PRESIDENT. And, he just might succeed. So, theres really no worries about "Life after Presidency".

His first trips as President (2 weeks after he was sworn in) was to visit Paul Biya and Yuweri Musevini: 2 of the most brutal leaders in modern history. Theyve held their countries (Cameroon and Uganda) in bondage for 30+yrs. Do you know how they succeeded in achieving this feat? BY AMENDING THEIR CONSTITUTIONS TO ALLOW FOR SINGLE TERM TENURES! Then, they worked their way up to eliminating Term Limits for the President.

Now, do you remember what GEJ's first proposed Bill to the National Assembly was as President (immediately after returning from visiting those 2 dictators, and just 3 weeks into his Presidency) ? Yup, you guessed right: 7yr Single Term Proposal. Now, he says he wants it to be 6yrs. GEJ has no plans to relinquish that seat; u think he wants to spend time in Prison for all his crimes?

GEJ will do anything to ensure that 6-9months before elections, Electricity supply is "stable". Once he gets reelected, thats it! 2017/2018 expect a constitutional amendment that'll make him Serve another 6 or 7yrs... from there its a wrap.

Bookmark this post, because its like you guys cannot even see what this power hungry Field Marshal rank-wearing-Illiterate-corrupt-backwards-and evil Riverine cowboy has in store for yall.

my friend don't be an alarmist, it hasnt reached that level yet .gej is not intelligent enough to carry out the plot.... so chill. we should focus our energies in removing the ogogoro drunkard.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Jonathan Faces Suspension Over PDP’s Defeat In Bayelsa - Daily Trust / Atiku Reacts As Supreme Court Dismissed His Appeal Against Buhari / If APC Wanted Nigeria To Work, Why Didn't They Bring Osinbajo - Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.