Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Ptdf Design Training Selection Test - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ptdf Design Training Selection Test (1291 Views)

Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company HSE Officers Selection Test. / SHELL : Invitation To Technical Graduate Selection Test. What Should I Expect? / Total Nigeria Calling For Selection Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ptdf Design Training Selection Test by Elderone: 3:37pm On May 19, 2008
HELLO LANDERS
The Saturday test was sweet. I almost finished before time. I hope I will be successful. Has anybody heard about the resut?
Re: Ptdf Design Training Selection Test by emmigrant0(m): 3:47pm On May 19, 2008
the result will be out tomorrow. i was able to call them and ask about the result and was told that it will be out tomorrow. I too almost finished but it not how far but how well i pray we all be successful cheesy
Re: Ptdf Design Training Selection Test by sorp(m): 9:23pm On May 20, 2008
which am confused ooo pls which selection test are u talking anbout
Re: Ptdf Design Training Selection Test by emmigrant0(m): 10:23pm On May 20, 2008
Its a Design training program for Engineers held last Saturday at the Mei Dei Hotel opposit Pan African University by Mobil Filling Station Ajah. The Main pourpose is to train Engineers on Variouse Engineering Soft wares and it is organised by PTDF/NNPC. you can also read this articule for clearity. wink

PTDF Presents Certificate to Graduates of PTDF/NNPC Engineering Design training Program.

The Federal Government directive to domicile Front End Engineering Design (FEED) and Detailed Engineering Design (DEED) in-country brought about the need to train the necessary indigenous manpower required to fill the existing skills gap in the industry.
Skills gap analysis shows a demand for at least 2,600 engineers and 2,500 welders relative to on-going & upcoming projects (2006-2010) in the industry. The PTDF and NNPC therefore embarked upon capacity building initiatives such as the Engineering Design Training Program (EDTP) in order to equip and provide the required skilled Nigerians to take up the opportunities provided by the industry.

The Engineering Design Training Program (EDTP) commenced with a pilot phase during the third quarter of 2006 with the training of 100 Engineers in the use of HYSYS (Software for process simulation) and 150 Engineers in the use of PDMS (Plant Design and Management Systems), for a total of 250 trainees. Other design software which will also enhance Nigerians to participate effectively in the development of the indigenous industry through Front End Engineering Designs (FEED) and Detailed Engineering Designs (DEED) will commence shortly.

The training programme is being undertaken jointly between the NNPC and the PTDF under a collaboration tagged “Job Creation through Partnering” and the funding for the Pilot phase (whose graduands were presented with certificates of participation on the 15th May 15, 2007 at the PTDF head office) was undertaken at a cost of over $1,000,000.00 (1 million dollars) and funded by the NNPC.

At the presentation of the certificates, the executive secretary in his speech said; ‘Let me also inform you that, for the further advancement of skills of Nigerian Engineers, a structured framework has been put in place to ensure continuous deployment of the skills that have been acquired by trainees during the engineering design training program’. In this regard, some participating engineering design companies have created openings for attachment to ensure that all graduates of the Engineering Design Software are engaged and kept busy pending availability of live-projects, without which the skills acquired would be lost. The training program therefore provides for attachment of the trainees to these designated companies with workload for a maximum period of six months. These trainees will undergo an on-the-job-training on live projects and the PTDF will pay each of the qualified trainees a stipend to augment their transportation and feeding during these periods of attachment. Of the 250 that were trained under the pilot phase, 69 are being placed with the participating Oil and Gas Design companies where they are expected to continue the post-training attachment program designed to enable them practice the acquired skills through an integrated mentoring, coaching and on-the-job training exercise.

The executive secretary said that, PTDF target is to train 2600 engineers based on the identified industry needs for the period 2006-2010. Consequently, the PTDF and NNPC would commence the main phase of this program wherein the remaining 2,350 engineers would be trained under a funding arrangement to be borne by the PTDF.
Already, the PTDF has obtained all the requisite authorizations and approvals to begin the main phase which is estimated to cost about $10 million.

In that regard, advertisements have been placed and about 9,000 Nigerians keyed into the system out of which about 6,000 applications were successfully placed into our data base. Already about 2,000 applicants have been short listed for training scheduled to commence on 4th of June 2007 in Port Harcourt and Lagos for HYSYS and PDMS respectively. The two programs will be handled by Lonadek Ltd and WEAM & Company Ltd representing AVEVA and ASPENTECH.
Re: Ptdf Design Training Selection Test by sorp(m): 2:31pm On May 23, 2008
i partook in the pdms - piping trainng last year, but when i saw ur tread i got confused. never knew ehrn they advertised for thast of this year. However when we did ours last year we never passed thru any selection test!

Well best of luck

(1) (Reply)

Nlng Is Recruiting! / Career Opeaning At Proshare Nigeria Limited / Exxonmobil It System Support Analyst (experienced)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.