Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,353 members, 7,850,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:42 PM

Chelsea Sign Mark Schwarzer From Fulham On A Free Transfer - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Sign Mark Schwarzer From Fulham On A Free Transfer (504 Views)

Fulham ( 0) vs Liverpool (1) on Saturday 4th April . / Fulham (2) Vs Manchester United ( 0)On Saturday 21st March / Premier League: Fulham (1) Defeats Arsenal (0): 23 Aug 2008 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Sign Mark Schwarzer From Fulham On A Free Transfer by dammybravo(m): 9:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
Chelsea have signed free agent Mark Schwarzer in a move that could see the veteran goalkeeper play in the Premier League past his 41st birthday.

Mark Schwarzer makes the short move across West London after recently leaving Fulham.
Schwarzer left Fulham at the end of last season after five years at Craven Cottage and has signed a one-year deal at Stamford Bridge, ending Jose Mourinho's search for an experienced back-up to current Blues No. 1 Petr Cech.

The Australia international, who is his country's most capped player of all-time and has been playing in English football for 17 years, was delighted to make such an illustrious move in the twilight of his career.

"It's a phenomenal club," Schwarzer told Chelsea's official website. "It's one of the biggest and best clubs in the world, and it's an honour to sign for Chelsea. I didn't take much convincing to come here.

"There were other interests but once I knew Chelsea was interested it was very much the case that I wanted to try and make it happen. I'm very fortunate and delighted to be sitting here today.

"There were a lot of things that ticked all the boxes, but most of all Chelsea Football Club is an enormous club and I think a club that can re-establish itself as the best club in the country. It has an unbelievable manager and an unbelievable squad of players and it's very exciting."

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1495243/chelsea-sign-veteran-keeper-schwarzer?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&cc=5739

(1) (Reply)

Shocking Proposal / United Make Cesc Bid / Messi Is My Idol, Says Neymar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.