Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,483 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. (1200 Views)

Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia / Pls How Do I Check My Internet Balance On Glo? / Mtn! My Internet Is Too Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. by ono(m): 11:08pm On May 19, 2008
I sure need some help here. All the computer gurus in the house, I hail o. I'll take time to explain my predicament.

My note book description:
Pavillion DV9420US: 240GB Disk space, 2GB Ram, FSB, wifi, Bluetooth functionality, Windows Vista OS, AMD Turion 64 x2 Mobile Tech, NVIDIA Graphics enabled processor. Broadcom Wireless.

Problem:
I'm having problems accessing some websites. For example, I can't get on to Wikipedia, banks sites, and I can't download from some websites. Is this an ISP related problem or my notebook has been infected with a virus? I had thesame problem getting on to Nairaland but somehow, after scanning with my Norton Antivirus software and re-installing my OS, I was able to get on to Nairaland. But my banks, wiki and other favourite sites cannot be accessed. Rather I either have another strange website showing up in their place - e.g. www. sedoparking.com or an outright blank page with an error message.

What do I do to resolve this?
Re: Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. by dragnet: 10:01am On May 20, 2008
isp??
Re: Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. by ono(m): 11:31am On May 20, 2008
drag,
Pls if you can help me out, I'll be very happy. Imagine how one can have access to the net and not be able to view wikipedia!
Re: Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. by uspry1(f): 3:33pm On May 20, 2008
I do not know what is your problem with internet access failure. Maybe ISP-related or IE7 browser issue or broadband modem/router issue! Not a virus!

You need to tweak the IE7 repair manually. Maybe missing or corrupted IE7 registry!!!

Or you need to test your broadband modem/router ensuring it is secured functionally by pinging it! Maybe bad modem/router or wrong network protocol configuration!
Re: Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. by dragnet: 3:39pm On May 20, 2008
Who is ur ISP
Re: Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. by SUNO1: 5:02pm On May 20, 2008
What I do when situations like this happen, redirecting websites, viruses and spyware, I look them up. Type the spyware or redirecting website into Google, and look them up.

You're not the first to experience this problem. It's not you ISP's fault either. You're infected sir. Norton cleaned up a bit but not all. I don't know if anyone here will be able to help you fully, but you could try Bleeping Computer. They helped me out when I was infected.

And also, I honestly would recommend Firefox. IE's gotten better but, I still don't feel safe browsing with it. I feel there are still quite a few holes that need closing.

---------
SUNO
---------

*If posting links to other websites on here isn't allowed on here. My apologies. Administrators or Moderators can edit the link out. Was just trying to help.*
Re: Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. by TmeD0(m): 5:29pm On May 20, 2008
@ poster, it sounds like your browser has been hijacked.  Download and install HijackThis a small utility that scans your PC's registry and HD and returns the result that you can save in text format.  Oh, do not check the option to fix whatever you find unless you know what you're doing.  Scan your PC, save the scan result and post it on here.   On the other hand, it's possible that your privacy settings on your browser is set way too high and as a result it's blocking every single cookie.  I doubt that's the case since you're getting a bogus site when you're trying to visit a known site.  At any rate still check your privacy settings in IE.   Incase you're not sure how to do that, here's how:
1. Go to tools --> Internet Options
2. Click on the Privacy tab and check to make sure the slider is at least set to medium and not high, medium high and so on.
3. If it's set to medium, go ahead and download hijack this and return a scan but if it's not, proceed to step 4
4. Move the slider to medium and clear your cache (history, temp internet files)
5. Exit IE and relaunch it, then try visiting some known sites
Good luck.  Don't forget to post the scan result on herel for all to see.  Peace!
Re: Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. by ono(m): 7:36pm On May 20, 2008
Thanks guys. I'll try out all your steers and see if I can download from the links provided. I still can't get access to wikipedia. Na wa o.
Re: Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. by ono(m): 8:00pm On May 20, 2008
Here we go with the output from Hijackthis.
Bleeping computer did not open.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:50:36 PM, on 5/20/2008
Platform: Windows Vista  (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16643)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Hp\QuickPlay\QPService.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QLBCTRL.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\WiFiMsg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Users\Ono\AppData\Local\Yahoo!\Messenger for Vista\Yahoo.Messenger.YmApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Vongo\Tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\HpqToaster.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEUser.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Opera 9\Opera.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9f.exe
C:\Users\Ono\Downloads\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://uk.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=73&bd=Pavilion&pf=laptop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=73&bd=Pavilion&pf=laptop
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\NppBho.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\UIBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [NvSvc] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\nvsvc.dll,nvsvcStart
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [ccApp] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [QPService] "C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\QPService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [QlbCtrl] %ProgramFiles%\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe /Start
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [HP Health Check Scheduler] [ProgramFilesFolder]Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\HPHC_Scheduler.exe
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [hpWirelessAssistant] %ProgramFiles%\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [WAWifiMessage] %ProgramFiles%\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\WiFiMsg.exe
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
O4 - HKLM\, \RunOnce: [Launcher] %WINDIR%\SMINST\launcher.exe
O4 - HKCU\, \Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\, \Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\, \Run: [Yahoo!MessengerForVista] "C:\Users\Ono\AppData\Local\Yahoo!\Messenger for Vista\Yahoo.Messenger.YmApp.exe" -startup
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Synchronizer.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\AdobeCollabSync.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Vongo Tray.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O16 - DPF: {49232000-16E4-426C-A231-62846947304B} (SysData Class) - http://ipgweb.cce.hp.com/rdqnbk2/downloads/sysinfo.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/common/bin/cabsa.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\, \{770BD83B-E6B2-4185-AC61-DA89A8D16983}: NameServer = 217.20.250.20
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: CyberLink Background Capture Service (CBCS) (CLCapSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\CLCapSvc.exe
O23 - Service: CyberLink Task Scheduler (CTS) (CLSched) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\CLSched.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Com4Qlb - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4Qlb.exe
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: GameConsoleService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files\HP Games\My HP Game Console\GameConsoleService.exe
O23 - Service: HP Health Check Service - Hewlett-Packard - c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe
O23 - Service: hpqwmiex - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Roxio MyDVD Basic v9\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\isPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe
O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Vongo Service - Starz Entertainment Group LLC - C:\Program Files\Vongo\VongoService.exe
O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

--
End of file - 9427 bytes
Re: Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. by TmeD0(m): 9:17pm On May 20, 2008
ono:

Here we go with the output from Hijackthis.
Bleeping computer did not open.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 7:50:36 PM, on 5/20/2008
Platform: Windows Vista  (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16643)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Hp\QuickPlay\QPService.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QLBCTRL.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\WiFiMsg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe
C:\Users\Ono\AppData\Local\Yahoo!\Messenger for Vista\Yahoo.Messenger.YmApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Vongo\Tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\HpqToaster.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEUser.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Opera 9\Opera.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9f.exe
C:\Users\Ono\Downloads\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://uk.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=73&bd=Pavilion&pf=laptop
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=73&bd=Pavilion&pf=laptop
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\NppBho.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
[b]O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\UIBHO.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll[/b]O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [NvSvc] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\nvsvc.dll,nvsvcStart
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [ccApp] "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [QPService] "C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\QPService.exe"
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [QlbCtrl] %ProgramFiles%\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\QlbCtrl.exe /Start
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [HP Health Check Scheduler] [ProgramFilesFolder]Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\HPHC_Scheduler.exe
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [hpWirelessAssistant] %ProgramFiles%\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [WAWifiMessage] %ProgramFiles%\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\WiFiMsg.exe
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\Hp\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\, \Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
[s]O4 - HKLM\, \RunOnce: [Launcher] %WINDIR%\SMINST\launcher.exe[/s]
O4 - HKCU\, \Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\, \Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet
O4 - HKCU\, \Run: [Yahoo!MessengerForVista] "C:\Users\Ono\AppData\Local\Yahoo!\Messenger for Vista\Yahoo.Messenger.YmApp.exe" -startup
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Synchronizer.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\AdobeCollabSync.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Vongo Tray.lnk = ?
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O16 - DPF: {49232000-16E4-426C-A231-62846947304B} (SysData Class) - http://ipgweb.cce.hp.com/rdqnbk2/downloads/sysinfo.cab
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/SharedContent/common/bin/cabsa.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\, \{770BD83B-E6B2-4185-AC61-DA89A8D16983}: NameServer = 217.20.250.20
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: CyberLink Background Capture Service (CBCS) (CLCapSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\CLCapSvc.exe
O23 - Service: CyberLink Task Scheduler (CTS) (CLSched) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\HP\QuickPlay\Kernel\TV\CLSched.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Com4Qlb - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Quick Launch Buttons\Com4Qlb.exe
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: GameConsoleService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files\HP Games\My HP Game Console\GameConsoleService.exe
O23 - Service: HP Health Check Service - Hewlett-Packard - c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe
O23 - Service: hpqwmiex - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Roxio\Roxio MyDVD Basic v9\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\isPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Sonic Solutions - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe
O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Vongo Service - Starz Entertainment Group LLC - C:\Program Files\Vongo\VongoService.exe
O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

--
End of file - 9427 bytes

@ poster, I've looked at the scan result over and over again and the only thing I found alraming, which I struck-out is launcher.exe on your system.  It's likely a spyware or adware and I'd suggest getting a free antivirus (antivir or avast should do) and antispyware (a-squared free or super antispyware is fine) installed should be your next step.  You probably want to run a deep scan in safe mode after you install the S/W.  Also, I noticed you have so many browser toolbars, you probably want to uninstall one of the BHOs I have in bold--no reason to keep both.  Do you use Vongo service?  If not you might want to uninstall that bloatware and some other ones on there too.  Still check your privacy settings like I stated in my previous post though.  Good luck.  Peace!
Re: Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. by ono(m): 9:47am On May 21, 2008
Hey! I don't know what happened, but I've been able to get through to the aforementioned sites - including Wikipedia! Lord God be praised! Thank goodness. Whew!

Thanks a lot guys. I'm very much grateful.
Re: Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. by TmeD0(m): 5:12pm On May 21, 2008
ono:

Hey! I don't know what happened, but I've been able to get through to the aforementioned sites - including Wikipedia! Lord God be praised! Thank goodness. Whew!

Thanks a lot guys. I'm very much grateful.
Hmm, that's weird.  Well, with machines you never can tell.  Just out of curiousity, did you check your privacy settings and cleared your browser cache like I suggested earlier?  Can you think of what you might have done differently that made it work?  The reason I'm asking these questions is to try and determine what could have caused the problem and what rectified the problem in the event that happens again.  I'd still run a deep scan on the machine if I were you and pay close attention to that launcher.exe file.  Good luck.  Peace!
Re: Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. by Sery: 5:15pm On May 21, 2008
Sounds like you had firewalls up !

Well, glad it's up and running.
Re: Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. by TmeD0(m): 6:11pm On May 21, 2008
Sery:

Sounds like you had firewalls up !

Well, glad it's up and running.
I'm not sure that was the reason.  If you noticed he did mention that he could access some sites while he couldn't access some.  Now, if it was the firewall (Windows Firewall in particular), it would more than likely block the entire connection, which will prevent him from accessing any site in the first place.   It still doesn't make sense  because whatever caused the problem could resurface again.  Just my 2 kobo.  Peace!
Re: Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. by Sery: 1:38pm On May 22, 2008
Uh Uh - with firewalls, you may get some sites and not others.It is a form of filter so it does not block ALL . I'm pretty sure that's what it was. Anyway its all worked out so why are we even arguing? Just be sure to check that out if it happens again.
Re: Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. by ono(m): 4:03pm On May 22, 2008
T@meD0:

Hmm, that's weird.  Well, with machines you never can tell.  Just out of curiousity, did you check your privacy settings and cleared your browser cache like I suggested earlier?  Can you think of what you might have done differently that made it work?  The reason I'm asking these questions is to try and determine what could have caused the problem and what rectified the problem in the event that happens again.  I'd still run a deep scan on the machine if I were you and pay close attention to that launcher.exe file.  Good luck.  Peace!

I'm yet to figure out what happened really. I did clear all my browser cache. I also installed firefox (pretty cool browser, I must say).

One thing I observed though was that my OS, Vista, kept ''receiving'' updates from the net. I had to allow the Windows Update application download and install quite a lot security scripts automatically from Microsoft website. I had to stop one - 195MB size security script (KBxxxxx). It was getting too much. I also did a lot of rescan with Norton.

Any of the above could have resolved the problem but I really can't pinpoint which one it is. But I'm sure glad to have my iternet working properly again.
Re: Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. by uspry1(f): 4:20pm On May 22, 2008
ono:

I'm yet to figure out what happened really. I did clear all my browser cache. I also installed firefox (pretty cool browser, I must say).

One thing I observed though was that my OS, Vista, kept ''receiving'' updates from the net. I had to allow the Windows Update application download and install quite a lot security scripts automatically from Microsoft website. I had to stop one - 195MB size security script (KBxxxxx). It was getting too much. I also did a lot of rescan with Norton.

Any of the above could have resolved the problem but I really can't pinpoint which one it is. But I'm sure glad to have my iternet working properly again.

I am glad that you did rescan Norton, but you ignore VERY IMPORTANT WINDOWS VISTA UPDATE which you were prompted receiving a update dialog message from your net. WINDOWS VISTA UPDATE from Microsoft just want you to update those add-on security patches in order to prevent from hacker accessing your WINDOWS VISTA.

It is MUST for all WINDOWS users to update security patches add-on for WINDOWS VISTA by MICROSOFT.

Be sure that you are on WINDOWS VISTA with Security Package 1, or 2 or 3. (called SP1, or SP2, or SP3). Good luck!
Re: Problem With My Internet Browser - I.e V7. by ono(m): 7:25pm On May 22, 2008
Well uspry1, thanks for your advice. Read a bit about yourself in the link provided in your profile. So, how are your kids doing?

I'm using my laptop now. I could browse anywhere, and because I re-installed my OS, I'm reaping the maximum benefit of the 2GB RAM. Data processing is pretty fast!

Thanks and bye for now.

(1) (Reply)

/ Inrease The Speed Of Your Operamini Handlers / Engineers Pls Help Me,my Acer Wont Turn On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.