Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Kunle Afolayan’s New Movie “october 1″ : View Poster! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Kunle Afolayan’s New Movie “october 1″ : View Poster! (1201 Views)

Photos From Set Of Kunle Afolayan's Most Anticipated Film ‘The CEO’ / Photos From The Premiere Of Kunle Afolayan’s “October 1″ / Kunle Afolayan’s October 1 Movie Set For Cinemas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kunle Afolayan’s New Movie “october 1″ : View Poster! by Agstar(f): 11:47am On Jul 10, 2013
Kunle Afolayan is set to produce his latest movie “October 1″. The New York Academy alumnus is not resting on his oars following the success of his movies, Irapada, The Figurine;Araromire and Phone Swap. Unlike other film makers who wait to show case their movies to the world after post production, he has followed the ideal practice of letting the world in before serving the main visual dish.

His cast and crew are ready to hit the set, which comprises of Sadiq Daba, Kehinde Bankole, David Bailie, Kayode Olaiya, Nick Rhys, Fabian Lojede...read more on http://9aijabooksandmovies./2013/07/10/kunle-afolayans-new-movie-october-1-view-poster/
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s New Movie “october 1″ : View Poster! by sholay2011(m): 8:42pm On Jul 10, 2013
I always love the way Kunle casts actors for roles in his movies...not desperate to flood his movie with 'stars' just to attract undeserved attention even though he wants to sure make profit from his film venture.

God bless the works of his hands.

Btw, the title get as e be sha grin #Team October#
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s New Movie “october 1″ : View Poster! by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
For those who don't wanna go through the stress of clicking on her blog, here is the Poster;[img]http://9aijabooksandmovies.files./2013/07/october-1-724x1024.jpg?w=212&h=300[/img]

The kinda films Sholay likes grin grin cheesy cheesy (real life events). I trust Kunle anyway. I saw his tweet on this movie few months back

Fabian Lojede is a phenomenal actor; I love is role in 'Man On Ground' and I'm obsessed with his criminal Character in 'Jacob's Cross'.
Tunde Babalola wrote the script for 'Last Flight To Abuja' as well. I won't say he is really 'that' good. But sha sha sha.....make I see the trailer.

Oh! Kehinde Bankole is also a very good Actress

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan’s New Movie “october 1″ : View Poster! by sholay2011(m): 9:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
^^^^^^^ I have never heard about that Fabian Lojede. Good u enlightened me about his 'acting resume'.

Tunde Babalola... God help my ignorance. But at least, I sabi Kemi Adesoye. grin

Mr speedy...hw u take know kehinde bankole too? You know evribody for nollywood ni?
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s New Movie “october 1″ : View Poster! by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
sholay2011: ^^^^^^^ I have never heard about that Fabian Lojede. Good u enlightened me about his 'acting resume'.
I take it to mean you've not watched 'Man on ground' by Akin Omotosho? It's a nice film. It also stars Hakeem Kai Kazim.
And you don't follow 'Jacob's Cross'? Wao!

sholay2011: Tunde Babalola... God help my ignorance. But at least, I sabi Kemi Adesoye. grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin

sholay2011: Mr speedy...hw u take know kehinde bankole too? You know evribody for nollywood ni?
grin grin grin. In a society of too many 'Ignorant' people; You just have to be enlightened, else you will get dragged into the Ignorance sad sad sad
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s New Movie “october 1″ : View Poster! by sholay2011(m): 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
^^^^ Keep dissecting people's posts for 'internet research'. grin

Is Fabian lojede the guy that acted 'abayomi' in jacob's cross? If na him, den I sabi well well. wink
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s New Movie “october 1″ : View Poster! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 10, 2013
sholay2011:

Is Fabian lojede the guy that acted 'abayomi' in jacob's cross? If na him, den I sabi well well. wink

yes! But you don't follow the series sha. Cos if you do, you suppose sabi his name tongue
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s New Movie “october 1″ : View Poster! by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 10, 2013
This is an excerpt from a press release I found;

................Written by Tunde Babalola, here's how NET describes it:

... a psychological thriller detailing the activities of a northern police detective, Dan Waziri who was posted to the western region to unravel the mystery behind a series of female murders in the community. He soon discovers that the prime suspect is Aderopo, the prince of the community. Waziri, however does not have plenty of time as he is expected to bring the Prince to book before the Nigerian flag is raised on October 1.

When we last reported on the project, director Akolayan was trying to secure a foreign co-producer outside of Nigerian, to better his international chances, stating...

"It is difficult to get a mainstream distribution deal, no matter how fantastic your film is, because it's a cartel, it's a clique... If you don't belong, it's tough."

It's a new face for Nigerian cinema (Nollywood) when international co-production deals are being sought (a trend we've written about in the recent past), in an industry that has long been almost entirely self-reliant in both the production and distribution of its movies.
Re: Kunle Afolayan’s New Movie “october 1″ : View Poster! by sholay2011(m): 9:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
^^^^^^ Thanks for the excerpt.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Man Of Steel / WWE Money In The Bank Pay-per-view;results. / ONTV And Its BOGUS Recharge Card!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.