Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,618 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

I Want To Transform Anambra Into Commercial Hub Of This Country – Ubah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Want To Transform Anambra Into Commercial Hub Of This Country – Ubah (620 Views)

Which State Is The Commercial Hub Of South South? / Abia, Making Aba A Commercial Hub. Good Initiative / I Want To Transform Anambra Into Commercial Hub Of This Country – Ifeanyi Ubah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Transform Anambra Into Commercial Hub Of This Country – Ubah by Donchyke39(m): 7:11am On Jul 11, 2013
Chairman, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Capital Oil and Gas Limited, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah recently spoke to journalists at his Nnewi country home on his current gubernatorial ambition in Anambra state. OKECHUKWU OBETA was there for LEADERSHIP.

You said you are in Anambra State governorship race to liberate Anambrarians from bondage. What bondage are you referring to?

Today in Anambra State, one of the most essential needs of the people is water. But we have no water in our taps since the past seven and half years. Can anybody here tell me any of the taps that produces water provided by government?.

The only way you can afford water - both drinking and even water to take bath - is by buying water.

We are the only State in the entire South East that can boast of being blessed with a river called River Niger. What I expect government to do is to tap water from River Niger and reticulate water; create enabling structure that can power our water.

It is indeed bondage. There is no industry that government has created for the youths in the past seven and half years, not single one apart from brewery. How can we re-assure our youths that there is hope for them? Can you name single thing that the government of the day has initiated in Anambra State to take care of unemployment?

Go to our roads. Yes, government has done well in building roads. But road is not our only problem. And even in building the roads how many of our youths have been given employment by the construction companies?

If we conduct local government election we can create 1000 employments in every local government, meaning 21,000 employments in the 21 local government areas of our State.  If we can create ten, ten factories or twenty, twenty factories in every local government, all you need to do is to invite all these  people from China, they will be donating their factories to us. Those are avenues we can create jobs for our youths.

We are in era of kidnapping and armed robbery. We can create a network of telecommunication system in Anambra State that can bring down crime in this State to almost a zero level.

Our farmlands are dry. We don’t have any single investment in farming. We have a government that will come today and be dishing out cheques to people as if they are Father Christmas to those that they like; those that will be singing their praises. Is that the kind of Anambra State that we are dreaming of? So, we are still living in a State of anarchy. This is a state where a deputy governor was kidnapped and ransom paid and still they killed the deputy governor. Can we be proud of ourselves? So, why can’t we join hand together to fight? Investors can no more stay in this state.

How are you going to tackle the situation if you eventually become governor.

Now, let me tell you what we want to do in Anambra. The first thing we will do in Anambra State is to fight insecurity. We shall set up structures to fight insecurity. Then, we will conduct a very credible local government election.

We will go to any extent commercially available to give employment to our youths. Our mission is to create wealth and eradicate poverty.

So, the issue remains that Anambra State needs to change because we have been voting for things we don’t know. It is now time for us to vote for human beings – a party that has human-beings as its logo (Labour Party).

Now look at our education sector. Where are our technical schools? 80% of the workforce undertaking building constructions in Anambra State comprises of the Togolese, Cameroonians, Cotonous. 80% of the P.O.Ps in Anambra State is being done by the Togolese, 70% of the marble work is done by the Ghanaians, Togolese and Cameroonians because we lack technically trained individuals. Today our youths are roaming the streets because they don’t have technical training. And it is the duty of government to create technical schools where people will be trained on how to make P.O.P building and other engineering. When our graduates finish their NYSC they can’t be self employed.

There is something I want to give to Anambra people, I want to change style.

There is this argument that the North senatorial zone has not produced governor of the state since it was created unlike the other two senatorial zones, and  that justice, equity and fairness requires that the area should be given a chance this time around for one its own to taste the seat. Why don’t you support the idea.    

The problem we are having in Anambra State is the logjam created by the governor (Mr. Peter obi) in saying  he has agreement. Has there been any time in during our electoral process that the North didn’t participate?  Where did Zik come from? Where did Ukpabi Asika and Okadigbo come from? Were these people not from the North?So if people are saying they have not produced anybody, who is deceiving who?

But the good thing about the North is that the area has so much potential. If by the grace of God I become the governor of Anambra State, the first thing is to build an airport in Onitsha. We shall have a cargo airport there. All our traders will be coming back with their luggages. We are going to promote Anambra State economically.

What special package will your government introduce to take care of the needs of the youths.

We are going to create agency that will cater for the youths. We are going to introduce dormitory industrial complex so you live in the dormitory and work in the factory.

But I won’t give free education. I will rather introduce bursary allowance to the indigent citizens of Anambra State in higher institutions. I want to make sure that tax payers’ money is being enjoyed by Anambrarians.

We shall improve the N300 million the government of the day generates monthly as internally generated revenue to N4 billion through business support and commercial support activities without taxing Ndi Anambra. I want this state be the commercial hub of this country.

Our vision is to have 150 million population of this country catered for by Anambra. We shall bring back our brothers and sisters doing business in different parts of this country back to Anambra State to attract night life, and, we are going to build a lot of hotels in every local government so that people can go and swim. I am mad about developing Anambra State.

Accountability and transparency will be our hallmark, and, as governor, Ifeanyi Ubah will have nothing to do with security vote. It is inhuman that in a State that cannot protect its deputy governor, the governor will be pocketing close to N600 million every month as security vote. I will have nothing to do with that money.

Why did you leave APGA to Labour Party? And what is your relationship with Chief Victor Umeh now?

You know it is not a hidden fact that I have always been supporting (Chief) Victor Umeh because I believe he is the authentic (national) chairman of APGA. But the truth is that the party of our hero, Ikemba Odumegwu Ojukwu is falling apart. And I tried to amend it and I tell you the truth, we came to a point whereby after judgment from the lower court things also fall apart. I said I won’t like to wait for Supreme Court to take a decision because I don’t know who is who. Everything has fallen apart. So I said, well, I have tried my best. So I went into consultations and discovered that it is not even the best place for me to contest. This is why I decided to leave them.

I have no issue with anybody, my respects always remains with Victor Umeh. He is my friend and my brother. My respects remain with my governor, Mr. Peter Obi. He visited me at Capital Oil in Lagos with his exco and I gave him cola of a hummer bus. But he has only cursed me, even my road here he refused to do it.

http://leadership.ng/news/080713/i-want-transform-anambra-commercial-hub-country-ubah

Re: I Want To Transform Anambra Into Commercial Hub Of This Country – Ubah by ChainBlinger: 7:13am On Jul 11, 2013
Na today?
Re: I Want To Transform Anambra Into Commercial Hub Of This Country – Ubah by buchito1(m): 7:27am On Jul 11, 2013
Chain_Blinger: Na today?
E do tay undecided
Re: I Want To Transform Anambra Into Commercial Hub Of This Country – Ubah by k2039: 7:57am On Jul 11, 2013
Someone wants to build his own empire.
Re: I Want To Transform Anambra Into Commercial Hub Of This Country – Ubah by Tolexander: 8:08am On Jul 11, 2013
[b]Oh my God (oh oh oh)
Ebe like say them want tell us
wetin we never hear before
2Baba dey here, plus Soul E Baba
dey here (dabadab eh x3)
No be small thing oh (x4)
I say no be small thing oh
No be small thing oh (x2)

VERSE 1
Looking back through all the
years
That you and I have spent
together
It seems like you've been playing
me all along
So many times, you asked me to
put the whole of my trust in you
So many times, you betrayed and
played me for a fool
Why don't we work together so
the future will be brighter
Cos, ebe like you and I
We dey need each other all the
time
All the time
Another year has come
And now you want my trust once
more
Oh no

CHORUS
Ebe, like say you want me to tell
me another story again oh(ebe
like say)
Ebe like say you want to act
another movie again oh (ebe like
say)
Ebe like say you want to code
another coding again oh (ebe
like say)
Ebe like say you want to dance
Galala na di new dnace, Again oh
You want to sing another song
again (ebe like say)
Ebe like say you want to code
You want to code oh

VERSE 2
See, all I want to say is that
They don't really care about us
Because all they want to do is to
get in touch with big bucks
Because they think the money
gives them the power
But the power is nothing
If your people cannot get quality
education
The power is nothing
If your people keep on dying of
disease and starvation
The power is nothing
If your people have no peace (no
peace)
The power is nothing
If your people cannot live in unity
(eh)
See, why do you keep deceiving
the people, my brother, my sister
See, why you make all this people
to dey fight one another
Only God can judge you now (x4)
Another year has come
And now you want my vote once
more
Oh no

CHORUS
Ebe, like say they want to tell me
another story again oh (ebe like
say)
Ebe like say they want to act
another movie again oh (ebe like
say)
Ebe like say they want to do
another deceiving again oh
Ebe like say dem want to dance
Galala, na di new dnace, Again o
They want to sing another song
again
They want to sing (x2)
Ebe like say they want to code
They want to dance

VERSE 3
I dedicate this one to all of the
shady politicians
Wey go promise and fail and
make the people live in harsh
conditions
I dedicate this one to all of the
shady politicians
Why don't you change your ways
Change your ways now
Make the people live the way they
are supposed to live
E no be small thing o
As you see me so (no be small
thing o)
I no send, I no send you oh (no
be small thing o)
All of the shady politicians (no be
small thing o)
As you see me so (no be small
thing o)
I no send, I no send you oh (no
be small thing o)
All of the shady politicians (I say
no be small thing o)[/b]

1 Like

Re: I Want To Transform Anambra Into Commercial Hub Of This Country – Ubah by slimghost(m): 8:17am On Jul 11, 2013
This useless clown should go and find something useful to do with his wealth because even his wealth can't win him his own Local Government. Anambra, a state of Academicians and intellectuals do not need a clueless illiterate as a Governor.
Re: I Want To Transform Anambra Into Commercial Hub Of This Country – Ubah by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 11, 2013
This small boy talks too much abi na the money?
Re: I Want To Transform Anambra Into Commercial Hub Of This Country – Ubah by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 11, 2013
My brothers and sisters from Anambra, beware of that man, Ifeanyi Ubah, he can't be trusted. Remember how he duped his own brother, Cosmos Maduka. Remember his deceit. He has nothing to offer but to loot the state treasury by awarding contracts to himself just like that rogue called Rochas did in Imo.

(1) (Reply)

Soyinka Sends Another Clear Yet Coded Message To Gej And Jonathanians / Can You Guess Obahiagbon Response To The Child Marriage Bill / Underage Marriage Is Our Right As Muslims – Asari Dokubo Spits Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.