Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview (15765 Views)

Shell Accepting Cv...... Is This Real Or Fake? / He Missed An Interview Because……. / 5 Things Recruiters Want To See On Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by presiade(m): 10:01am On Jul 11, 2013
A friend was recently invited for an interview after passing aptitude test. He was to come with 4 copies of his CV, 4 passports, credentials and ID... But at the pre-interview screening, three of his CV were returned to him (not so for others) and he was cleared to do the interview.
He is worried maybe that's just a mild way of rejection? Or was it because all the 4 CVs were computer printed and not photocopied??
Please drop you response/ opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by Irohjohnpaulc(m): 1:03pm On Jul 11, 2013
Mayb d interviewer knws him or any member of his family
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by presiade(m): 1:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
Irohjohnpaulc: Mayb d interviewer knws him or any member of his family
So, what does that imply?
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 11, 2013
presiade: A friend was recently invited for an interview after passing aptitude test. He was to come with 4 copies of his CV, 4 passports, credentials and ID... But at the pre-interview screening, three of his CV were returned to him (not so for others) and he was cleared to do the interview.
He is worried maybe that's just a mild way of rejection? Or was it because all the 4 CVs were computer printed and not photocopied??

the problem is from his village!
he needs deliverance..

4 Likes

Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by Sijo01(f): 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
presiade: A friend was recently invited for an interview after passing aptitude test. He was to come with 4 copies of his CV, 4 passports, credentials and ID... But at the pre-interview screening, three of his CV were returned to him (not so for others) and he was cleared to do the interview.

Are you sure they were not photocopies

1 Like

Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by Kings77: 2:02pm On Jul 11, 2013
He need not to worry,I will help him ask Ifa what might be the problem and after getting the job,his first salary will be given to Ifa not ME!
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by DICKtator: 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by Skywalker5(m): 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2013

i don't understand that part. You mean your friends took 4 different type of CV along with him?
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by Pray(m): 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
It all depends on the type of organisation. a corporate organisation will not ask for more than one copies of your cv cos they can make copies whenever they want. Also how many pages was your CV made up of?
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by Gifted4all(m): 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2013
I tink dat does nt mata.he shd still prepare and give his best for d interveiw cos wat he says and hw he answers d question is more important dan d Cv
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by Gifted4all(m): 2:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
Sijo01:

Are you sure they were not photocopies
dnt they accept photocopy Cv??
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by dplomaticVal: 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2013
Maybe he might av schooled in a half-baked uni..lol

1 Like

Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by Sijo01(f): 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
Gifted4all:
dnt they accept photocopy Cv??

Not too cool.
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by gen2briz(m): 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
Na wetin be that your friend name?
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by deor03(m): 2:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
It means nothing... It cost organization a lot of money and time to thrash papers.

One copy is required, that was why the rest were returned to him

4 Likes

Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by badoist(m): 2:20pm On Jul 11, 2013
are we magicians as to know y it was returned 2him, btw how did this thread make homepage?

4 Likes

Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by eby35(m): 2:25pm On Jul 11, 2013
D returned three copies might b photocopies of d original copies dats y. U know dy said 4 copies not 4 photocopies of his C.V. Tanx

1 Like

Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by honouruy(m): 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2013
Na Gej cause am
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by presiade(m): 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2013
Thanks to the moderator for FP thingy... And for the good opinions so far.
All should note what I wrote that he earlier (submitted his resume earlier and) passed aptitude test. Secondly, he attended a Federal University and barely missed 1st class. Furthermore, all candidates were asked to bring '4 COPIES OF THEIR CVs' to the interview.
He did well at the interview, which held on the same day.
The coy is one of the giants in its sector...
He has an eviable name... You'll want to bear that name, really
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by albacete(m): 2:39pm On Jul 11, 2013
gen2briz: Na wetin be that your friend name?
man wey dey reason far grin grin

1 Like

Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by YNWA(m): 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2013
Pray: It all depends on the type of organisation. a corporate organisation will not ask for more than one copies of your cv cos they can make copies whenever they want. Also how many pages was your CV made up of?

This is a 'real story' (supposedly), dt needs directions and NOT odawise, wher do u get on eartg that no corporate organisation rquests for more dan 1 copy of CV's. In oda news, I jst went thru d first and second level interview in a renowned bank (Direct employment)...and 4COPIES were required. Suffice to say, only during d first did they use, the second...IT WASN'T USED.
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by rman: 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2013
Maybe they need just one copy at the moment
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by EejaNla01(m): 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2013
He should then await result and stop panicking

Btw Nairalanders we too like to dey bring friends issue here.
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by yahrant140(m): 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2013
The result has already written ön the wall, that means the film don finish go home.
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:14pm On Jul 11, 2013
He should worry less & prepare for the next stage.
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by Lero15(m): 3:27pm On Jul 11, 2013
this is a very important question...u guys should stop joking with it

1 Like

Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by albacete(m): 3:34pm On Jul 11, 2013
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by omiobo: 3:41pm On Jul 11, 2013
What do they need 4 copies CV for? I think one is enough. It is not a sign of rejection but they may not urgently need you.
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by albacete(m): 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2013
presiade: A friend i was recently invited for an interview after passing aptitude test. He i was to come with 4 copies of his my CV, 4 passports, credentials and ID... But at the pre-interview screening, three of his my CV were returned to him me (not so for others) and he i was cleared to do the interview.
He is I am worried maybe that's just a mild way of rejection? Or was it because all the my 4 CVs were computer printed and not photocopied??

Tenk!

6 Likes

Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by Jyraff(m): 3:42pm On Jul 11, 2013
Your friend needs not to worry, in some organization the number of CV required depends on the number of people on seat to interview the applicant, it might be that the person to interview him in his own department is just one person. He Just needs prayerful and be bold.

2 Likes

Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by greggng: 3:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
In the mighty name of jesus the son of God, I wanna announce to you that your friend is the only favored candidate for that job. Come here and give your testmony next time

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? / Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? / Job Interview Address Confirmation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.