Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview (15766 Views)

Shell Accepting Cv...... Is This Real Or Fake? / He Missed An Interview Because……. / 5 Things Recruiters Want To See On Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by ogentle: 3:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
Well who knows if what he submited is a Resume rather than CV.you know most of us doesn't know the different b/w this two doc.
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by badmrkt(m): 3:43pm On Jul 11, 2013
una village winch don find you come be dat.
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by presiade(m): 3:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
albacete:

Tenk!
I can see you're not a matured mind! Even if it's me what is the crime in it? I would have boldly stated it out. Mind your business and find something worthwhile to do!
I don't reply people like you though.
More good opinions please...
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by dolphinife: 3:57pm On Jul 11, 2013
sorry to digress a little, i did apply to one big airline in Nigeria as a cabin crew, i scaled the first stage till the fourth stage which is the final stage. on the fifth stage which is just the day for the shortlisted people to go and get their appointment letter, the Human resources manager called me aside that my services would not be needed.

when i interrogated further to know why despite putting all my bets, it was revealed to me that the person i use as my referee and thee owner of the company are sworn enemies. Infact, i was told that they dare not meet eyeball to eyeball. The perception they had was that the referee wanted to use me as an informant in the airline.

That was how i lost the job. That is naija for you where anything can happpen
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by albacete(m): 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2013
presiade:
I can see you're not a matured mind! Even if it's me what is the crime in it? I would have boldly stated it out. Mind your business and find something worthwhile to do!
I don't reply people like you though.
More good opinions please...
u've lost ur sense of humor, bro. By the way, did anyone mention any crime in it.

A lot of uptight peeps in NL though.
No vex sir, i struck d wrong chord.

Piss Peace.

1 Like

Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by dbeauty(f): 4:01pm On Jul 11, 2013
dolphinife: sorry to digress a little, i did apply to one big airline in Nigeria as a cabin crew, i scaled the first stage till the fourth stage which is the final stage. on the fifth stage which is just the day for the shortlisted people to go and get their appointment letter, the Human resources manager called me aside that my services would not be needed.

when i interrogated further to know why despite putting all my bets, it was revealed to me that the person i use as my referee and thee owner of the company are sworn enemies. Infact, i was told that they dare not meet eyeball to eyeball. The perception they had was that the referee wanted to use me as an informant in the airline.

That was how i lost the job. That is naija for you where anything can happpen

Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by Manlado: 4:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
Tell your friend not to worry.
Sometimes an interview may be intended for multiple panelists to handle and to save time you are asked to bring copies of your CV to the interview.
So the panelists may have copies for their assessment.
The number of panelists may be reduced for many reasons one of wish is also to save time particularly if there are so many candidates to handle.
Thus the reason for the reduction in the number of copies required.

NOTE:
Your CV represents your person.
It is very important that you NEVER submit photocopies.
The assessor may or may not reject it but I always downgrade a photocopy where there are others. (So why take the risk).
It tells me how you would like to be appraised.
A neatly written resume tells me that you give attention to what you do.
The content will thereafter be considered.
Good speed to all job seeker out there.

1 Like

Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by Jadeng: 4:42pm On Jul 11, 2013
How did the person dress up and did he get there in good time?
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by hardtruth09: 4:45pm On Jul 11, 2013
Definately, dat is nt an issue. They would hv rejectd all if dey ar photocopied. I think dey took d only copy dey want. other copies ar camouflag. gud luck to him
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by presiade(m): 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
Jadeng: How did the person dress up and did he get there in good time?
Suited up (in fact, a new one, hahaha) and he was there IN time (not even ON time)
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by supaeagles(m): 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
bbpreye.:
the problem is from his village!
he needs deliverance..
grin grin
Does that mean some poor old innocent lady on his village will be killed ?? (winch lynching??).
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by supaeagles(m): 4:49pm On Jul 11, 2013
@OP ..... Also I hope the photocopy you did was not kerosene photocopying ??
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by frankscof(m): 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2013
presiade: A friend was recently invited for an interview after passing aptitude test. He was to come with 4 copies of his CV, 4 passports, credentials and ID... But at the pre-interview screening, three of his CV were returned to him (not so for others) and he was cleared to do the interview.
He is worried maybe that's just a mild way of rejection? Or was it because all the 4 CVs were computer printed and not photocopied??
Please drop you response/ opinion.
. Network returns 2 adamawa state today after months of network blackout
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by kollymate90: 5:20pm On Jul 11, 2013
[b][/b]
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by tellwsdom: 5:34pm On Jul 11, 2013
Maybe mosquito came out from his C.V sad

1 Like

Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by presiade(m): 5:59pm On Jul 11, 2013
frankscof: . Network returns 2 adamawa state today after months of network blackout
Congratulations to you!
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by Summersland(m): 6:10pm On Jul 11, 2013
grin grin grin Barahuu ifa dey spend money?
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by nenergy(m): 7:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
End-time recruitment style.hahahahaha
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by Flexxidude: 8:29pm On Jul 11, 2013
bbpreye.:

the problem is from his village!
he needs deliverance..
i concor
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by zada(m): 10:57pm On Jul 11, 2013
grin
Sometimes unfamiliar things happen when on an interview, most coy may send texts and state what is exppected of u. But later on the D day things change. There is nufting wrong in giving hin back the oda copies.he just get ready for the next stage of interview if any. All is well with u!
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by Jarus(m): 6:42am On Jul 12, 2013
presiade: A friend was recently invited for an interview after passing aptitude test. He was to come with 4 copies of his CV, 4 passports, credentials and ID... But at the pre-interview screening, three of his CV were returned to him (not so for others) and he was cleared to do the interview.
He is worried maybe that's just a mild way of rejection? Or was it because all the 4 CVs were computer printed and not photocopied??
Please drop you response/ opinion.

It wasn't rejected it was just returned. They needed just one.

It is similar situations when asked to bring 2 passport photgraphs for something and only one is collected. That's common.

1 Like

Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by presiade(m): 6:55am On Jul 12, 2013
^^thank you bro
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by mollie12: 8:34am On Jul 13, 2013
This has happened to me before, and not only was I called for the 2nd, 3rd, interview, I was finally offered the job.

The reason they did that was, just like others have said, most companies don't like to hoard excess paper. One copy is enough for them.

But rather than developing high blood pressure and wondering what he did wrong, your friend should have politely asked, in question form, why his copies were returned since he was asked to bring 4? (There is a very nice way to frame such questions so that no one is offended). This way he would have gotten a straightforward answer and his fears would have been put to rest.
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by presiade(m): 10:19am On Jul 13, 2013
@mollie12: it's nice to hear that you once experienced such incidence and still finally got the job offer. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by sunday478(m): 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
may be one of the employer know him

presiade:
So, what does that imply?
Long leg
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by presiade(m): 12:57pm On Jul 28, 2013
^I don't think so
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by presiade(m): 6:11pm On Sep 07, 2013
Finally, the guy got the great job with juicy package. Thanks to all the good people who gave great responses; I believe we've all learnt a lesson thru this!
@Jarus, your response really made lot of sense!
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by mzzpriscy(f): 1:39pm On Nov 17, 2014
you've got to go on ur kneels and cry to God...
Re: When Your CV Is Returned At An Interview by presiade(m): 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2014
mzzpriscy:
you've got to go on ur kneels and cry to God...
Did you see the post just before yours? He got the offer without stress. They collected only one copy because the CVs were computer printed (originals, so to speak) and making copies of the accepted one will still give them a high quality document.
You need to change your orientation that your step mother is following you from the village!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? / Which Of These Jobs Should I Go For? / Job Interview Address Confirmation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.