Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? (1320 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Buys Honda SUV For Wife Who Gave Birth (pics) / My Brother Or My Wife, Who Should I Pick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? by Beebash: 5:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
Hello peeps,pls I need ur candid advice on this one. My elder sister and her husband work in the same company and the company has a hidden policy that doesn't tolerate husband and wife working together in the company,so someone has to resign. Here's the problem,my sister earns twice her husband salary and has been our breadwinner since the demise of popsy,pls what can she do to save her marriage,thanks.
Re: Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? by mgbeketoto: 5:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
here's the problem,my sister earns twice her husband salary and has been our breadwinner since the demise of popsy

Is she feeding 2 families. . .whose 'POPSY'? grin

When her husband comes to NL to answer YOU. . .then I shall make the appropriate comment. Till then, it is no concern of yours or ours! kiss
Re: Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? by Ezechyglo: 5:35pm On Jul 11, 2013
really spoke like mgbeke @mgbeketoto. @op: dis is wat the two of them have to decide, anyone dat resign can still get another job elsewher or set up something wt d help of d other.
Re: Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? by biolabee(m): 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2013
So they got married without a backup plan

Waats d relevance of who earns more. Who says they can't get better jobs

Me I no know how to answer hubby wife mata

Beebash: Hello peeps,pls I need ur candid advice on this one. My elder sister and her husband work in the same company and the company has a hidden policy that doesn't tolerate husband and wife working together in the company,so someone has to resign. Here's the problem,my sister earns twice her husband salary and has been our breadwinner since the demise of popsy,pls what can she do to save her marriage,thanks.
Re: Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
biolabee: So they got married without a backup plan

Waats d relevance of who earns more. Who says they can't get better jobs

Me I no know how to answer hubby wife mata

Biolabee,r u married? I mean it o.
Re: Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? by dayokanu(m): 6:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
The one with the lower income should resign
Re: Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? by biolabee(m): 6:54pm On Jul 11, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Biolabee,r u married? I mean it o.

If I may ask why
Re: Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2013
@OP
- who was there first?
- who has the most secured job?
- when was that policy put in place?
- can low self esteem hubby care PROPERLY for the family on his income only
- what is best for the FAMILY?
Re: Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? by TV01(m): 7:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
Beebash: pls what can she do to save her marriage,thanks.

Appreciate a choice may have to be made, but why should that jeopardise the marriage?

TV
Re: Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? by Geomac: 7:15pm On Jul 11, 2013
OP is a liar. He got it from the facebook and he twisted it.
A situation arose in a family, the man earns N150,000 in a month. The Wife earns N1million in a month and they work in the same company... One of them has to leave the job because its the company's new policy that couple will no more be tolerated to be on the same pay role. Besides, there had been an argument between this couple before that, someone should stay behind and take care of the kids after school. Whom do you think should leave the job and stay... ?
Re: Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? by taryour(f): 8:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
Geomac: OP is a liar. He got it from the facebook and he twisted it.

Oga oo,see gap. 150k ratio 1million. This is a very serious case.

Wait a minute what are their job roles in the company
Re: Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 11, 2013
Whatever the real story, there's a situation where the wife earns a lot more and someone has to resign. Ordinarily it is no brainer that the person with lower income should resign however other factors come into play.

First consider the nature of work. Does it involve lots of travelling or working offshore? Are they planning to start a family immediately in which case the wife will soon be pregnant? Does the work involve long hours? Who can easily get another job.

Most times the person with the lower income should resign but not in all cases as some jobs do not support women having a family life and so other factors can come into play.
Re: Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jul 11, 2013
biolabee:

If I may ask why
U want to fall my hand.don't worry I will ask somebody.
Re: Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? by biolabee(m): 8:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
Yepa......... wetin I do o

Is it linked to my post here abi matter don spoil..

Yep to ur q
Re: Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 11, 2013
biolabee:
Yepa......... wetin I do o

Is it linked to my post here abi matter don spoil..

Yep to ur q
Oh! U did nothing wrong sir. A friend said she lvd ur posts and was like..........u no de rest.
HML to u.I will laugh at her tomoro.
Re: Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? by armyofone(m): 2:24am On Jul 12, 2013
Nobody. Play cat and dog at work and don't give anything away.
Re: Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? by biolabee(m): 6:04am On Jul 12, 2013
Phew...

Same to you ma

yellowpawpaw:
Oh! U did nothing wrong sir. A friend said she lvd ur posts and was like..........u no de rest.
HML to u.I will laugh at her tomoro.
Re: Husband Or Wife,who Should Resign? by EfemenaXY: 6:53am On Jul 12, 2013
Geomac: OP is a liar. He got it from the facebook and he twisted it.

Well then, if this really is the true version of the story based simply on who should resign? and not @OP trying to mislead us with an unnecessarily complex story of what to do as the marriage is at 'risk' or Popsy don die and wifey dey support two families grin grin...then it's a simple case, a no-brainer at that. The husband should resign.

Ego doesn't come in to play here, nor is there any shame in looking after his kids. Afterall, na their papa name dem dey answer now, abi?

(1) (Reply)

What Can HE Do To Bed HIS Friend’s Wife? / 9 Important Lessons A Father Should Teach His Daughter / Your Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.