Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car (1175 Views)

Buying My First Car... Hard Lessons I Learnt / My Experience Buying My First Car (a USED Car) On Nairaland! / sold bought Brandon new Volkswagen Polo 05 now 330k 08061311315 08028612026 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car by tzars(m): 5:24pm On Jul 11, 2013
Please house I want to know what those of us did when they bought their first car. I am asking this cos mine is on the high sea coming - A sweet 2010 Camry XLE V6 wit Nav.
I heard some say they went to church for blessing and stuffs like that.
Re: What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car by ZACHIE: 5:32pm On Jul 11, 2013
This was how it all began before it degenerated to:

Re: What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car by ZACHIE: 5:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
Lesson: pretend as if it was your 10th car

Re: What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car by 234GT(m): 10:40pm On Jul 11, 2013
This thread should make front page.
You will read a lot of weird things people did!
Re: What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 11, 2013
I filled the tank and drove the car from PHC to Enugu and back at a speed of 180km/hr.
Re: What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 11, 2013
The next day I stopped the car at a busy junction and pretended it had a fault and simply caused a tragic jam. At least I don't follow cause go slow for PHC
Re: What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car by tzars(m): 6:49am On Jul 12, 2013
You should read a thread well before commenting.
I even made myself clear on some opinions I had so as to serve as a guide.
ZACHIE: Lesson: pretend as if it was your 10th car

Re: What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car by tzars(m): 7:40am On Jul 12, 2013
I feel you babe, but adika risky. Person fit come brush you oh.
chibabe3: The next day I stopped the car at a busy junction and pretended it had a fault and simply caused a tragic jam. At least I don't follow cause go slow for PHC
Re: What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 12, 2013
Parked it at home till sunday, then finally drove it to church for dedication.
Well, that's what my dad did.
Re: What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car by blackky100(m): 8:50am On Jul 12, 2013
What is the big deal of first car thing? Guy play low, take your car to your church and after blessing start driving. if your close Pal comes to your house, there is nothing bad in giving him/them win to drink.

Please take it easy so that you will alive to buy your tenth or even more cars. i baught my first car as a student in 200 level. I am using my 8th car now and i dont see any big deal there. Car is just for mobility.

if you had said my first private Jet, then i for hala.
Re: What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car by ZACHIE: 4:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
tzars: You should read a thread well before commenting.
I even made myself clear on some opinions I had so as to serve as a guide.
Classroom teacher, comprehend your students answer before failing them.

Put in a layman,s language; DO NOT KILL YOURSELF CELEBRATING YOUR FIRST CAR PURCHASE, like you are doing.
Let the car come, jejely, and pretend as if it was your 10th car. That way, you avoid errors some of us have made in the past.

One of my first cars:

I took it to the car wash, told the attendant to wash everything and everything, including the ENGINE.
Then I called a few friends and we shacked up properly while at the same time blasting music from the car. The music only died down when the washman decided to give the car a befitting ENGINE wash.
Jet propelled flush of water straight to the engine meant i got a good car wash and a thoroughly useless car that refused to start when it mattered most. Brain box and battery damage on the first day. Well, lesson learnt. But,
I was thoroughly shamed.
Re: What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car by tzars(m): 8:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
Ok. Got you and better to come out straight than to be misunderstood first. That was a bad experience. Lesson learnt the hard way. Thanks for your input
ZACHIE:
Classroom teacher, comprehend your students answer before failing them.

Put in a layman,s language; DO NOT KILL YOURSELF CELEBRATING YOUR FIRST CAR PURCHASE, like you are doing.
Let the car come, jejely, and pretend as if it was your 10th car. That way, you avoid errors some of us have made in the past.

One of my first cars:

I took it to the car wash, told the attendant to wash everything and everything, including the ENGINE.
Then I called a few friends and we shacked up properly while at the same time blasting music from the car. The music only died down when the washman decided to give the car a befitting ENGINE wash.
Jet propelled flush of water straight to the engine meant i got a good car wash and a thoroughly useless car that refused to start when it mattered most. Brain box and battery damage on the first day. Well, lesson learnt. But,
I was thoroughly shamed.
Re: What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car by tzars(m): 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
More inputs needed
Re: What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 14, 2013
Few friends we went to Beerhug in Ikeja city mall not a big deal when no be house warming.
Re: What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car by AffordableAutos: 12:33am On Jul 14, 2013
Cracked a blunt and took my gurl out for a cruse and found a nice quiet spot.wink
Re: What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car by igomen: 12:47am On Jul 14, 2013
Did nothing because I couldn't drive then, but was excited all the same and felt I had arrived at the age of 28. A few days later I took some friends out for a jolly good time and that was it. Now here is the twist, subsequent cars I bought (I'm now driving my 7th) over the years has got me more excited than the first because I now know what I want in a car before buying it. The excitement keeps increasing with every car I buy.
Re: What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car by tzars(m): 5:14am On Jul 14, 2013
igomen: Did nothing because I couldn't drive then, but was excited all the same and felt I had arrived at the age of 28. A few days later I took some friends out for a jolly good time and that was it. Now here is the twist, subsequent cars I bought (I'm now driving my 7th) over the years has got me more excited than the first because I now know what I want in a car before buying it. The excitement keeps increasing with every car I buy.
Nice one. More machines means heightened excitement I guess.
Re: What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car by tzars(m): 5:15am On Jul 14, 2013
AffordableAutos: Cracked a blunt and took my gurl out for a cruse and found a nice quiet spot.wink
Nothing of maybe going to church or seeking the blessing of your pops or some elderly person in your family?
Re: What Did You Do When You Bought Your First Car by AffordableAutos: 8:38am On Jul 14, 2013
I was 18 man I was jus hapy wats my own with pops or elder I no get nah. I don't need to take my car to church before its blessed I can pray nd bless it myself..which I didn't do.
tzars:
Nothing of maybe going to church or seeking the blessing of your pops or some elderly person in your family?

(1) (Reply)

(duke Auto)audi 80 Auto For 280k / Tokunbo 2000 Honda Accord 800k / SOLD!! Tokunbo Toyota Matrix 2003 (Accident Free) @1.380m SOLD!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.