Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,528 members, 7,823,301 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court (47596 Views)

CJN Unhappy Over Conflicting Decisions By Appeal Court Divisions / David Mark's Election Nullified By Appeal Court, Fresh Election Ordered / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Maxymilliano(m): 12:57pm On Jul 12, 2013

The court upturned the judgement of a Lagos High Court.
The Court of Appeal in Lagos has discharged and acquittedHamza Al-Mustapha from the murder of Kudirat Abiola.

The judgment overturns that of the Lagos High Court which sentenced him to death by hanging.

The presiding judge accused the lower court of being“stroked to secure a conviction by all means.”

Mr. Al-Mustapha was a former chief security officer to the late dictator, Sani Abacha.

He was sentenced to death on January 30 for conspiracy and murder of Mrs. Abiola.

Mrs. Abiola, 45, was shot in Lagos on June 4, 1996, as the lower court ruled, on the orders of Mr. Al-Mustapha.

Details later…

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/140798-breaking-court-of-appeal-sets-al-mustapha-free.html

7 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by sainty2k3(m): 12:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
I saw it on channels too
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by jmaine: 1:01pm On Jul 12, 2013
Interesting . . .Let the game begin by spilling of some high calibre secrets . . . grin

2 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 12, 2013
Thank God, he was a military man and was following the orders from the military powers that be.....obey the last order. If they want to sentence the killer, they should go and get Abacha but since he is no longer there, make his family compensate for the mans death

8 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Tofax: 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
Good
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Pygru: 1:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
Trouble...
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by patholaw: 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2013
Good for him....
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Maxymilliano(m): 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2013
Maxymilliano:
The presiding judge accused the lower court of being “stroked to secure a conviction by all means.”
l

I love this part ... This guy deserve to be freed!

7 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by jmaine: 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
Maxymilliano:

I love this part ... This guy deserve to be freed!

I agree to an extent, but who are the culprits . . . .

3 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Katier00(f): 1:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
Nawa 4 nigeria o
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by beylinko(m): 1:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
Good for him, enough troubles have circled round his head already. I wont be surprised seeing him at the polls contesting for the governorship position of his state come 2015.

11 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by jmaine: 1:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
jchime: Thank God, he was a military man and was following the orders from the military powers that be.....obey the last order. If they want to sentence the killer, they should go and get Abacha but since he is no longer there, make his family compensate for the mans death

I believe following orders to commit murder doesn't in anyway absolve ones culpability of been guilty as well . . .

16 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jul 12, 2013
grin grin grin
Good. Time for some APC guys and their sympathizers to proceed on exile...... grin

3 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by chei: 1:22pm On Jul 12, 2013
Nice one. This man has went through hell on earth, he has lost all hopes.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by jmaine: 1:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
Okoro2015: grin grin grin
Good. Time for some APC guys and their sympathizers to proceed on exile...... grin

Lol, what makes you feel so . . . cheesy
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Ngwakwe: 1:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
This is why we need civilian as President to avoid the cover-ups of past Military Heads of State. We are now waiting for him to start releasing those videos he promised Nigerians for us to know who did what and why.

Obasanjo, Buhari, Babangida, Mark, Abdusalami and other former military heads would have forced their interest on the presiding Judges.

Kudos to Civilian Rule without the master minders of military rules

5 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
grin grin grin
Good news. Time for some pretenders and their allies to proceed on exile...... grin

3 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Maxymilliano(m): 1:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
jmaine:

I agree to an extent, but who are the culprits . . . .

He acted in the line of duty bro ...

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by ujchief(m): 1:35pm On Jul 12, 2013
Wouldn't be surprised if he picks a PDP ticket next week.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
jmaine:

Lol, what makes you feel so . . . cheesy

Bro, Just watch. Just like the senator yesterday, you will witness more capitulations. grin
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by solomon111(m): 1:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
ujchief: Wouldn't be surprised if he picks a PDP ticket next week.
He is more likely to pick an APC ticket.

4 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Tolexander: 1:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
Up al mustapha!
Another instrument in the making to be used in the next election.

Hope this judgement isn't to upset the southwest?

3 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Maxymilliano(m): 1:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
jmaine:

I believe following orders to commit murder doesn't in anyway absolve ones culpability of been guilty as well . . .

He wouldn't have been released if the murder allegation was proved beyond reasonable doubt or what did'ta fink?
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by nonso84(m): 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2013
I heard it also this afternoon.
Naija i hail o.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by ujchief(m): 1:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
solomon111: He is more likely to pick an APC ticket.

We all know where the worst of the worst resides; where 16 is greater than 19 and 5 is greater than 32;

Vampires and blood suckers; trying so hard to drive away the few sane members in their fold.

God is watching: in 3-D

18 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
What next? He joins PDP in his state & contest for Guber polls & wins... Hehehehe, how long has this plan been in the pipeline.. Naija I hail
Make I siddon dey look

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Clerverly: 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
Maybe jonathan wants to use him for 2015 cool cool cool . What Abubakar, obasanjo and Yar'dua couldn't do, retardeen has done it! Up Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetardeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by theozobby(m): 1:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
E don red...

He who has ear let hIm hear
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by IGBOSON1: 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2013
jmaine:

^^^Precisely! That excuse of 'following orders' didn't fly during the Nuremberg trials and can only work in a country with a judiciary such as ours.

4 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by yuzedo: 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2013
Ba.. Baa... BADOO!!! cool

2 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Cholls(m): 2:02pm On Jul 12, 2013
Good news for is family and follower

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by truth4meal(m): 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2013
Ngwakwe: This is why we need civilian as President to avoid the cover-ups of past Military Heads of State. We are now waiting for him to start releasing those videos he promised Nigerians for us to know how did what and why.

Obasanjo, Buhari, Babangida, Mark, Abdusalami and other former military heads would have forced their interest on the presiding Judges.

Kudos to Civilian Rule without the master minders of military rules

?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President / I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan / Goodluck Jonathan In Washington DC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.