Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Test Your Creativity - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Test Your Creativity (3107 Views)

Two Can Play The Game - A Competition To Test Your IQ (Be A Critical Thinker) / A Way To Push Your Creativity / How To Boost Your Creativity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Test Your Creativity by chistar01(m): 2:47pm On Jul 12, 2013
[INTRODUCTION

So i was busy roaming around NL literature/writting forums checking out random stories and i came to the conclusion that NL and Nigerians at large are a realy creative bunch, so an idea strucked me when i came across a thread in which the readers where the writters of the story.

here's how it works..

Firstly i start with a random story line, then the next person to comment, continues the story and takes it what ever direction he wishes to and the next person who comments after that continues the story.

RULES AND REGULATIONS

1: Your comment must be related to the story.

2: NO abuses or curses allowed.

3: All comments must be in a story form, no comment of appreciation or correction should be made, just add to the story.

4: i dont want to decide how long or short your post would be, but, please be resonable.

5: you are not allowed to make two straight posts consecutively, there must be an update from someone else in between.

6: Any member of NL is allowed to post on the story and continue it, irrespective of your sex, race or other barriers.

NB: this is just majorly for fun and we should all have fun. Also there wont be much suspence like my story at my signature, since you can create what will happen next. cheesy..

So great niaralanders.. Lets see how creative WE are.

I'll start the stroy in the next update.
Re: Test Your Creativity by chistar01(m): 2:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
A STORY BY US.

THE BEGINNING

It was an unusualy rainning day in the city of lagos, it was just January when the harmathan were meant to be kicking it, but rather it was raining.

Stephen who was a very rich oil mogul sat in his $20 billion mansion staring at 64 inch mega sized LCD bluetooth TV set no caring or giving a sh*t about the weather, 'i could rain cat and dog' for all he cared.

He was watching the famous 'WHO WANT TO BE A MILLIONIARE' tv series, and he wondered why people have to go through such easy way to make money.

He started thinking about his rise to fame and wealth which was a realy rough and bumpy road.

Firstly he remebered when his first... (next person to update should continue the story).
Re: Test Your Creativity by Neduzze5(m): 3:21pm On Jul 12, 2013
....million was made. It was not quite easy. All he had to do then was to export drugs to the USA. That fateful day was one of the worst days of his life.

Throughout the security checks he passed through, he shivered with beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

The most frightening moment was when he passed a security check.

"Stop there" a husky voice commanded him.

It was one of the military men at the checkpoint.

He stopped and stood there shaking like a leaf on a tree.

"I've noticed you've been shivering since you came to this place. Are you sick" he asked with a tinge of concern.

Stephen was only able to nod slightly.

"By your left, there's a pharmaceutical store. Go in there and complain to the pharmacist" the military personnel told him giving him a go ahead sign.

"And don't vomit in our plane oh" he added what was supposed to be a joke. (next)
Re: Test Your Creativity by dubem3(m): 4:29pm On Jul 12, 2013
How did I get here?
Re: Test Your Creativity by BukkyDan(f): 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2013
...."Thanks" Stephen replied, not sure if he was heard.

He took few steps towards the pharmacy, glancing behind him to see if the Military man was watching him.

He glanced behind him the second time, only to bump into a lady.
"Uhmn, hey..sorry." He stuttered,

"Its okay" she eyed him.
"I saw you few minutes ago at the security check..." She said with recognition written on her face.

"I..Uhm..yes.." he stuttered again.

"you look pale and frightened, are you okay?" she asked with concern

Stephen groaned within, of all days! How was he going to get rid of her?

(next)
Re: Test Your Creativity by Madawaki01(m): 4:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
Stephen entered the plane with his heart in his mouth,his heart was beating fastly,he checked the seat number on his ticket and locate his seat.
Seated by his side was an old woman talking to herself,disgust was clearly written on his face as he shifted.
He began thinking of the journey,a taxi was supposed to be waiting for him at the hearthrow airport,he said a short prayer and sighed.
The pilot announced that all passengers should use their seatbelts as the plane is about to take off..
So a journey has began,either been caught at the hearthrow airport or deliver the drugs successfully and enjoy for the rest of his life.

sori 4 d amateurish write up

2 Likes

Re: Test Your Creativity by DNA1(f): 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2013
Stephen managed to compose himself throughout the duration of the flight, tensing up again when the pilot announced that the plane was about to descend.
'I hope I find the taxi on time' he prayed silently.

On landing, Stephen mixed up with the crowd, trying to avoid the immigration officers, he had been warned that they were tougher and more thorough than the ones back home.

He edged his way through the crowd, trying to hide behind a white old woman walking in front of him.

He had taken only a few steps when he sighted an immigration officer walking briskly towards him, his heart began to pound and sweat poured down his face, despite the cold weather. He froze on the spot, only for someone to bump into him from behind, he turned slightly and stared into the eyes of a police officer!
Next....

2 Likes

Re: Test Your Creativity by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
But the police officer was just after the man beside stephen, named mark.
Mark was a secondary school teacher that got a scholarship to study engineering at the prestigious MIIT, Mark lived with his parent in Ibadan after successfully completely his HND at the Yabatech College of Technology. He was very excited when he got his call-up letter to resume at the MIIT. Mark fits the description of a wrestler with his 6ft 3in height, and his broad shoulder, his days of work-out at his friend's place was very fruitfull. He had unknowingly dropped his passport on his way down the stairs of the plane. Fortunately for him am air hostess saw it drop but was not close enough to call him back, so she dropped it with the police officer with the hope that if would find him to give him his passport.
Phew, stephen mutted when he discovered that his cover is not yet uncovered and if partially run and partially walked out of the airport practically avoiding the immigration officers.
Re: Test Your Creativity by dubem3(m): 6:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
Clueless! !!
Re: Test Your Creativity by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 12, 2013
Good going guys
Wudda luvd 2 join d party bt sinc e don enta d realm of drugs,I'll sit dis one out
Waiting

1 Like

Re: Test Your Creativity by Deiok(m): 7:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
I will try and update on the story later, but what with this dubem?
Re: Test Your Creativity by chistar01(m): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
[NB: if you dont want to comment on the story, just read along, please dont make off point comments or promises to contribut, until we are done with the story, thanks]

**continuation**

Stephen some how managed to get to Germany which was the destination where he was expected to deliver the drugs he had to swallow in other to get past immigration officers and other securities.

It was his 1st time of crossing the boarders of his beloved country, Nigeria. So he didnt know what to expect, nor where to go next from the airport.

He was lost in the thought of thinking of what to do next when he remembered he had been given a phone number by 'Rogers', inwhich he was meant to call when he landed in the strange country.

So he gave a heavy sigh of relief as he brought out his phone from his bag, and dialed the number..

'hello, frank here, who is this?', was the straight reply he got when the call was picked up.

The straight reply and harsh tone of the recipeient of the call, made Stephen loose his confidence and conposure so he stammered as he replied..

'i..i..it is mee... Stttee...stteeephheen'

'stephen?' rogers tried to recal who the hell was the stephen that was disturbing him... Then he remembered...

'oh wait! Is it stephen, asin the stephen rogers sent with my package?' rogers asked with a calmer voice, which gave stephen a little confidence.

'yes, its me'

'ok, you have landed right'

'yes i have, am at the airport in berin' stephen replied, trying to be more specific.

'ok, you know what, just wait for about 30 minutes, am sending someone down there to pick you up'

'ok sir' stephen replied with courtesy.

He looked for a comfortable spot to sit and wait for his ride to arrive.

(next...)
Re: Test Your Creativity by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2013
He had been deep in though thanking God for his luck, what a close shave he thought ,he had heard stories of how people in this line of business, got apprehended it wasn't a funny at all, he remembered how it all started,he hadn't planned on going into this line of business, he didn't regret his decision though ,afterall a man has got to do what he has to, to get money ,he had experienced what it felt like being poor having to make do of the little he was given...those were painful memories of the past. where is this guy for crying out.....he was still thinking when he felt a hand on his left shoulder he almost jumped out of his skin, he quickly looked up , to see a man smiling at him ,nervously he smiled back in relief,yyou said wwwhat stephen asked, did you loss something?.he repeated, iii he stammered ....

1 Like

Re: Test Your Creativity by Preshie(f): 11:39pm On Jul 12, 2013
Re: Test Your Creativity by noble4d(m): 11:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
anxiety shows its identity.'be calm, i'm
here to pick u up" the young man
said.there was a pale of relief in stephens'
heart.As they move closer to the clean
fancy,toyota camry 2012 model in which
they are to go with,here comes a tall,huge
with an husky voice on uniform."hey
excuse me"by this time stephen was
uncomfortable,a tought of negativity
ranging through his mind."you left your car
key on the chair you sat on"the policeman
says.there was a huge relief from
stephen,even the young man was not left
behind.they pull out a smile and drove off.
Re: Test Your Creativity by DNA1(f): 12:47am On Jul 13, 2013
The sound of his phone ringing brought Stephen out of his reverie. He was surprised how long he had been lost in his thoughts. The WWTBAM show was already over and the network news was just about to finish. He picked up his phone.

"Hello" he said.

"Sir. I have bad news for you." said the person at the other end of the phone.

"Bad news? What is it?"

"An uncontrollable fire just broke out at one of your shops in Alaba. The entire building was raised down"

"What! Which one of them?" Stephen asked, fear gripped at him...

"The electronics shop"

There was a thud, as Stephen as fell down, hitting his head on the tiled floor. The person on the other end heard the noise, but was not sure of what he heard. "Hello?" he asked. "Hello? Hello??"

Stephen had passed out.

Next..... ......

P.s please guys we are creative writers here, let's navigate the story away from drugs and illicit sex... Let's bring out the best in this story...that's what creative writing is all about....thanks
Re: Test Your Creativity by luvmijeje(f): 5:14am On Jul 13, 2013
5 hours later.....

Stephen was still in shocked. He was in front of his burnt shop. The damage done by the fire was so extensive that it affected twenty shops at the market.

The affected shop was where he invested most of his money. This was suppose to be his last shot of being a respectable and an honest bussinessman.

Chineke di me, his phone ringtone rangs out. It was so loud, people around him stared at him instinctively as though to say oga pick your call fast fast.

'Hello' in a strained voice. He picked his call without checking his phone screen.

'Steevo Steevo!'

Stephen groans, not again. It was Lambo who was a gunrunner.

To the next....
Re: Test Your Creativity by dubem3(m): 7:04am On Jul 13, 2013
Lets all assume I enjoyed it.
good night
Re: Test Your Creativity by noble4d(m): 9:57am On Jul 13, 2013
damn.....dis is off story....how can sum1 who is in germany...suddenly in naija....pls let's made amendment.the story is all about drug trafficking...pls..biko..
Re: Test Your Creativity by Neduzze5(m): 10:02am On Jul 13, 2013
yes oh, try reading previous posts before making your own post
Re: Test Your Creativity by Chuksemi(m): 10:37am On Jul 13, 2013
*I don't even understand the story anymore,let me just start from where the last writer stopped.Please am just improvising.*

Stephen turned to see his wife standing beside him,she was also looking at the ruins of their shop and muttering incoherent words to herself.stephen felt for her,he knew what this meant,another trip overseas,who knew where they will fu.c.k*ing send him to this time,maybe Afghanistan or any other out of the way country.

mrs stephen kept looking at their ruined shop,she had sacrificed almost everything just for her to be able to conceive now she hoped the mother supreme wouldn't request for another human sacrifice,the whole thing was getting too scary and her innocent husband doesn't know a thing about her activities.she looked at the people nearby they all wore sad faces,she wondered how they will feel if it is later discovered that twelve people died in the inferno.she turned to her husband tapped him and excused herself,the time has come for her to perform the blood clotting sacrifice so that the king of darkness wouldn't reject her offer.

stephen looked at his wife as she walked out of the scene,he pitied her.she really loved this shop and he knew it.Though they were yet to find out the cause of the fire incident he suspected it was caused by one of those careless shop owners who were his neighbours,oh how he wished he could get another lump sum of money without shipping out drugs,but it was impossible so what had to be done had to be done,he turned to leave the area and look for his wife before going home to contact his associates for another business trip.
Re: Test Your Creativity by chistar01(m): 10:52am On Jul 13, 2013
NB: guys pls, i understand everybody wants to contribute to the story, but pls lets make each update ryhme, you cant be talking about stephen now and at the very next update be talking about henry.

I like the storyline we haave choosen, in which stephen is wealthy and his elder brother isnt , but stephen shop being burnt down now implies he too is now on the road to poverty, and that spoils the storyline. And besides, the 1st update states he is an oil mugul, not a trader.

Ill try to arrange tyns in with my continuation downwards, and please lets not loose the storyline this time. Thanks

**continuation**

After the painful incidence of stephen's shop being burnt down, he was lucky to have listened to the wise words of his lawyer who said..

'stephen, insure your poperties just incase of any mishap'

So after a couple of calls and about three months of the usual Redtapism and beaucracy involved in such cases, he was restored back to his formal state of wealth and affluent.

Henry his elder brother on the other had was didnt want to take any help from stephen, because of pride. He believed that its wrong for his junior Brother to give him finacial aid when its meant to be the other way round. So he kept struggling and hustling to make ends meet, but at the same time, he was jealous of his brothers success. (next)
Re: Test Your Creativity by Neduzze5(m): 12:13pm On Jul 13, 2013
*I wrote the second update and when I wrote it, I wanted it to be a kind of flashback which in less than three updates, he would be through with the flash back and we continue his present life*

#I may be pulling outta this story soon.
Re: Test Your Creativity by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
@ chistar01 thank you very much for this wonderful,opportunity to partake in this story,i feel honoured.
***** continuation *****
He had every reason to be jealous,when his younger brother had graduated from school years ago, and couldn't get a job he had been the one assisting him, all of a sudden he became rich how did it happen he had thought, and to add insult upon injury stephen had offered to help him with money, why give a man fish when you can teach him how to fish? he had asked ,"brother its easier this way " ,stephen had said. if that is it then i don't need it henry had said calmly,stood up ,patted stephen on the back and went into the house ,from within he had shouted "safe journey oh" few seconds later he had heard stephen's car zoom off, hmhmm maybe he's into money rituals or robbery who knows he had said to himself in conclusion. he was still replaying the event in his head when he heard a car honking he quickly moved out of the way, muttered sorry to the driver and quickened his steps he was on his way home he went to see his friend concerning the job.
few weeks later
stephen smiled to himsef as he ....(next please).
Re: Test Your Creativity by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
@ chistar01 thank you very much for this wonderful,opportunity to partake in this story,i feel honoured.
***** continuation *****
He had every reason to be jealous,when his younger brother had graduated from school years ago, and couldn't get a job he had been the one assisting him, all of a sudden he became rich how did it happen he had thought, and to add insult upon injury stephen had offered to help him with money, why give a man fish when you can teach him how to fish? he had asked ,"brother its easier this way " ,stephen had said. if that is it then i don't need it henry had said calmly,stood up ,patted stephen on the back and went into the house ,from within he had shouted "safe journey oh" few seconds later he had heard stephen's car zoom off, hmhmm maybe he's into money rituals or robbery who knows he had said to himself in conclusion. he was still replaying the event in his head when he heard a car honking he quickly moved out of the way, muttered sorry to the driver and quickened his steps he was on his way home he went to see his friend concerning the job.
few weeks later
stephen smiled to himsef as he ....(next please).
Re: Test Your Creativity by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
oops double post i'm very sorry.
Re: Test Your Creativity by DNA1(f): 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
I'm pulling out of d game, I'm not too good at writing these kind of stories...
Re: Test Your Creativity by tmontee: 2:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
I know this is kinda belated, but DNA1 do not pull out. Now, this is not a request. grin
You are one of the very few that has tried to keep this train from derailing. I understand a lot of people are overly excited about the prospect of being contributory writers and in their bid to impress, have ended up making an otherwise interesting storyline rather boring and incoherent.
Please lets jumpstart the engine and get this train moving again.
@Chistar, thumbs up for the creative drive. You've got promise.
Re: Test Your Creativity by Madawaki01(m): 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
tmontee: I know this is kinda belated, but DNA1 do not pull out. Now, this is not a request. grin
You are one of the very few that has tried to keep this train from derailing. I understand a lot of people are overly excited about the prospect of being contributory writers and in their bid to impress, have ended up making an otherwise interesting storyline rather boring and incoherent.
Please lets jumpstart the engine and get this train moving again.
@Chistar, thumbs up for the creative drive. You've got promise.
continue
Re: Test Your Creativity by Wesslier(m): 4:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
@chistar, dis is a vry fantastic platform u av created. But i 'll lyk 2 advice dat u give a hint of the entire story line which 'll serve as a guild 2 contributors, dat way wateva is bein contributed 'll be on point. Lets not kill dis work....
Re: Test Your Creativity by Neduzze5(m): 4:41pm On Aug 07, 2013
Lol... I'm laughing out loud.

Chistar, over to you!!

(1) (Reply)

Writers/bloggers Needed Immediately For Online Magazine / ¤¤¤enchanted!!!¤¤¤by Mprex / Wicked Uncle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.