Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

PHP Insert File - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / PHP Insert File (660 Views)

[C++ Open Source] Relax! ( File Management Tool) / Insert Image Into Mysql / C# - Capturing File Name From A FileUpload Control In Asp.net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHP Insert File by dolpaz: 7:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hey guys, I am stucked, i create a web form and wanted to insert a file from an input field (lets say a CV) which will consist of .doc, .pdf and .txt and store it into a phpmysql database for later retrieval.
Pls what are the steps?
Any links will also be appreciated
Thanks
Re: PHP Insert File by talk2hb1(m): 10:58pm On Jul 12, 2013
Plz don't save any file in The database, instead upload the file to a folder on your server, save The file name and location in your database table.
Re: PHP Insert File by dolpaz: 1:45pm On Jul 14, 2013
talk2hb1: Plz don't save any file in The database, instead upload the file to a folder on your server, save The file name and location in your database table.
Bro, how does that happen??
pls i need more enlighten !!!
Re: PHP Insert File by talk2hb1(m): 12:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
Okay, after uploading the file to your Server, try to retrieve the file name and location, that is what you need to save to your database table. And more so, what ave you done so far? Maybe I can pick from there.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Learn Programming / Great Programmers In D House Where R U / Mobile App Developers;i Need Ur Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.