Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,326 members, 7,822,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

What Is The Significance Of "Cake" In A Traditional Marriage? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is The Significance Of "Cake" In A Traditional Marriage? (839 Views)

A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / What Is The Significance Of Your Tribe Name / What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Significance Of "Cake" In A Traditional Marriage? by Jerri(f): 7:47am On Jul 13, 2013
Good morning y'all, just wondering what the significance of having a cake is when it comes to traditional marriages.... Getting hitched soon (trad) and don't want one....neither does my fiancé are we wrong here?
Re: What Is The Significance Of "Cake" In A Traditional Marriage? by TimePiece(f): 9:02am On Jul 13, 2013
Didnt't have one at mine.
Didn't and still don't see the need to.
I think it's just one of those unnecessary contemporary Nigerian traditional wedding "evils".

So, OP, "nothing do you" if you don't want it.
Afterall, it's not even part of our traditional rite.
So shed it off your list and channel the cost into something else or still, save it!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of "Cake" In A Traditional Marriage? by Jerri(f): 9:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Myths Story Line Development For 3d Game / pls delete / Life In Uk Is Not Easy For Us...we Want To Come Home, Lease Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.