Stats: 3,152,600 members, 7,816,491 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities (11429 Views)

MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / US Donates Armored Vehicles To Nigerian Army [PHOTOS] / Obi Presents Security Vehicles To Major Markets (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by Donchyke39(m): 12:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State, will today present about 300 fully fitted security vehicles to 177 communities in the state. While each community will receive a minimum of one vehicle, some will receive more than one, depending on their size and population.
It was gathered that Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka will receive the highest highest number as a result of their commercial status and high population density. Industrial hubs in the state will also receive more than one vehicle.
In a release made available to the press by the state Commissioner for Information, Chief Jeo-Martins Uzodike, said the gesture was part of a cocktail of measures devised by the state government to maintain the security the people are comparatively enjoying. He said that the measure was also necessary to sustain the inflow of foreign direct investment the state was now witnessing under the government of Governor Peter Obi.
The release further stated that the vehicles were all manufactured and kitted by INNOSON Motor Manufacturing Company, Nnewi, as a means of urging other Nigerians to patronise not just INNOSON, but other indigenous manufacturing companies in Nigeria. The Commissioner revealed that the next set of official vehicles for Governor Peter Obi had already been ordered from INNOSON. In addition, he said the vehicles for traditional rulers, refuse disposal heavy vehicles were all procured from INNOSON.
“By the end of this year, the state would give school buses to all the secondary schools in Anambra. These, too, have been ordered from INNOSON,” the Commissioner said.
On the maintenance of the vehicles, the Commissioner assured that everything, including the insurance had been taken care of. He also said that the state government had started subsidising the cost each community pays for their vigilance group, even while calling on the vigilance group to always bear in mind that they were ultimately under the authority of the police.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news/obi-presents-300-security-vehicles-to-anambra-communities/

Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by SlyIg(f): 1:21pm On Jul 13, 2013
This man is really into security business. I saw fleets of this vehicles passing at Amawbia and i was like ... 'this man really needs security after his retirement from politics'.
Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nice move, May I also suggest that he influence the state house of assembly, and pass necessary law to establish a Sheriff/ Chief Security Officers position in each community. Such should be elected for two years tenure. They should be trained and employ two or three deputies to work with them.

Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by horpe132(m): 1:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
I swear to GOD i hate dis idea !!!.......Must these Governors buy Vehicles ??

Do they need me to flog them before they know how to invest in the police ??

Now how many CCTV camera's do these police av on the streets ??

How many SSS''Detectives''undercover agents do dey have ??

How many time have agent & police been upgraded in terms of seminars & other technologies ??

How many work station has he built for them ??

The Governor has done well but i think dis vehicle syndrome needs to be checked
From Experience i knw d@ wen u invest massively on intelligence and technologies..e.g Cameras,trackers,& oda communication gadgets...I knw u'll need few police vehicles...

Dear Mr Governor you have done well,,but u can do better. I knw if ur Police is Vibrant & gallant u &ur state will take the pride.........Sir take my Advice & the CP should knw bet....

God bless U,God bless the Nigerian police,God bless Nigeria

Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by horpe132(m): 1:41pm On Jul 13, 2013

Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by Zonacom(m): 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2013
SlyIg: This man is really into security business. I saw fleets of this vehicles passing at Amawbia and i was like ... 'this man really needs security after his retirement from politics'.
Make chino hear you, him go pursue u comot 4 awka
Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by Zonacom(m): 1:47pm On Jul 13, 2013
The only thing i like about this is that innoson did the supplies. No be today diff state govt dey buy motor 4 security(abi na police sef). Wetin dem don achieve?

Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
Good they procured locally this time, more money for innoson to expand
Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by asha80(m): 1:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
i really wonder what would happen to innoson motors if obi leaves office.his government seems to the biggest customer.
Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by Proxytalk: 4:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
I thnk obi is acheiving dual purpose here providing security in all nuc and crannys of the state as well as stimulating capacity building at innoson-vm where over 4000 people are working.
the effects, in anambra now most churches uses IVM 5000 as their evangelism bus again some pharmaceutical copanies like juhel use them for distribution. So in effect Ivm 5000 is innoson's lifeline cos the patronage is now steady
Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by asha80(m): 4:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
Proxytalk: I thnk obi is acheiving dual purpose here providing security in all nuc and crannys of the state as well as stimulating capacity building at innoson-vm where over 4000 people are working.
the effects, in anambra now most churches uses IVM 5000 as their evangelism bus again some pharmaceutical copanies like juhel use them for distribution. So in effect Ivm 5000 is innoson's lifeline cos the patronage is now steady
4000? That is a large workforce.i guess ivm 5000 is the mini bus?
Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2013
The idea of getting the buses from innoson is what strikes me the most,other leaders should learn this and not flooding our roads with Hyundai and Kia products which has no edge over innoson, using innoson assures proper and cost effective maintenance and availability of spare parts when needed and also enhancing employment.
But then innosin needs to get quoted in the stock market

Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by Proxytalk: 6:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
pics ivm trop at ekwueme square Awka

Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by bestview: 7:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
^^^^^

This is mind blowing..

Did they manufacture this in Anambra..?

This state is truly the LIGHT OF THE NATION. Anambra is truly setting the pace in advancement.

I think this is another credit to Obi, because he stimulated the inflow of investors (FDIs) and coming home of Anambrans to invest. Though Innoson has always had its Head Office in Nnewi-Anambra

Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by Controversy: 7:41pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nice move by Peter Obi @ least for procuring them from indigenous company
Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by nairaman66(m): 7:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
Good and bad News!!

The good news is, The supplier is a local manufacturer! The Bad News? Has anyone ascertained the durability of these INNOSON vehicles? Gone are the days when PENNY is WISE and POUND so foolish!! undecided

Folks, just a personal viewpoint!!
Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by Controversy: 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
nairaman66: Good and bad News!!

The good news is, The supplier is a local manufacturer! The Bad News? Has anyone ascertained the durability of these INNOSON vehicles? Gone are the days when PENNY is WISE and POUND so foolish!! undecided

This are your opinion ryt?

Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
I hope the one for Agulu is there or else... undecided cheesy Good job your excellency, I am proud of you
Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by tellwisdom: 8:02pm On Jul 13, 2013
Security vehicles?? what for?? Na food? angry
Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by Niggmatic: 8:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nice one!
Government should do more in crime prevention please.
Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
After 2years ask of this vehicles
The ones that will be privatized-,the ones that will be involved in different accident will be more than the ones that are in use.
Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by Afam4eva(m): 8:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
I want to believe those are Innoson Motors. I like the way Peter Obi keeps killing two birds with a stone. While he helps the security situation, he also patronizes a localized auto company.

Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by ACM10: 8:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
Yet kidnapping has not been brought under control.

Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by mooninsun(m): 8:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
What for? When people are given good job that will fetch then money which will enhance their living standard,they will never think of committing crime that will now require government to be spending much on security

Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by nerodenero: 8:19pm On Jul 13, 2013
nairaman66: Good and bad News!!

Its durability will be put to test in Anambra state,thanks to the Governor.The good thing is the company is ours and hope it flourishes.
Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by HIHMAZA: 8:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
Story story
Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by ugoezeb(m): 8:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
Nice job by Mr Obi. This is a welcome development.

Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by gerald09(m): 8:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
Personally I believe is is just BS, how do u use vehicles to tackle security. By driving by n harassing every citizen u met I hope for the best, or by using it to disrupt citizens with noise pollution, or by providing security to the people that actually courses the insecurity, or for the police not to have fuel to go on operations. Please could somebody tell me how these cars will help tackle security. This was d same tin T Orji did to tackle child trafficking. Dis is really a di*ck move
Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 13, 2013
HIHMAZA: Story story
com'on comot 4 here, ewu "tears hot slap" sad
Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by cupid4ig(m): 9:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
its not about buying pickups for them, its about telling them the police to do their job. guys u people need to come to upper iweka, if u are wearing a gold watch or bracelet or necklace so touts will collect it from u and no one will do anything about it. everyday we hear of assassinations but yet no improvement. its not about car its about the police doing their job. and again he should try and get police power bike cos most of the thieves at onitsha uses bike and they always escape cos of traffic

Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
if na amaechi now we for no hear word again. E for ask ig to come dobale for am. Arrogant foool

Re: Obi Presents 300 Security Vehicles To Anambra Communities by billante(m): 9:12pm On Jul 13, 2013
Sits back to watch the foolish bad belle comments start strolling in!

[size=15pt]Leggoooooo[/size]

APC Rejects Resignation Of Muiz Banire, Legal Adviser / INEC To Hold Governorship Elections In Kogi, Bayelsa On November 2 / In India, Tinubu Takes Economic Diplomacy To Germany, South Korea

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49