Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? (678 Views)

Do you know that Your Shoe Size Can Determine Your Age?? / Appeal Court To Determine Rev. Kings Fate Today. / Sleep Position Can Determine Your Personality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? by bingbagbo(m): 8:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
i have this black stone which i have the feeling it may be a mineral. it is big, very black and hard. how do i determine its gold or not?

thank you.
Re: How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
Charleyyyyyyyyyyyy lol i think you and onila should be a couple grin grin
Re: How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? by bingbagbo(m): 8:27pm On Jul 13, 2013
Miss_3v3: Charleyyyyyyyyyyyy lol i think you and onila should be a couple grin grin

lol

onila is too old for me na......i love the 18 lol

1 Like

Re: How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
bin gbagbo:

lol

onila is too old for me na......i love the 18 lol
lmfao.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
Bros,Your thread nor concern Me!! I want to be Free oooo angry

Message to Mukina
#Free Abu Mikey
Re: How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? by bingbagbo(m): 5:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
please, i need serious answers
Re: How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? by Kelvin677(m): 5:25pm On Jul 15, 2013
bin gbagbo: i have this black stone which i have the feeling it may be a mineral. it is big, very black and hard. how do i determine its gold or not?

thank you.
send it to my houz nd i wl kal u 2 tel u if it z gold or nt
Re: How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? by Godspikin: 6:09pm On Jul 15, 2013
Show picture, most definitely not gold, might be the black variety of tourmaline, cant remember the name right now but it has no economic value and it might be a valuable mineral but from ur description, it is not gold.
Btw, am a Geologist.
Re: How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? by bingbagbo(m): 6:23pm On Jul 15, 2013
Godspikin: Show picture, most definitely not gold, might be the black variety of tourmaline, cant remember the name right now but it has no economic value and it might be a valuable mineral but from ur description, it is not gold.
Btw, am a Geologist.

so what do u recommend i do??
Re: How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? by riskit33: 7:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
Big, black, hard stone you say? Where did you get it from first of all? I'v never seen black gold oooo
Re: How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? by bingbagbo(m): 7:23pm On Jul 15, 2013
riskit33: Big, black, hard stone you say? Where did you get it from first of all? I'v never seen black gold oooo

i have been hearing about black gold
Re: How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? by bumdish: 7:41pm On Jul 15, 2013
Sounds to me like a busybody post.
Show a picture and let the picture have a semblance of something not copied off the internet only then can you be taken seriously.
Re: How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? by sheisfine(f): 9:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
Picture pls
Re: How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? by kabayomi(m): 2:03am On Jul 18, 2013
bin gbagbo:

i have been hearing about black gold
lol cheesy dats d nick name for crude oil......I can categorically say dat gold does not have a black colour/luster gringringrin
Re: How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? by bingbagbo(m): 10:12am On Jul 18, 2013
kabayomi: lol cheesy dats d nick name for crude oil......I can categorically say dat gold does not have a black colour/luster gringringrin

embarassed embarassed
Re: How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? by digitite: 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2013
Put it in a VERY fire or furnace. If it melts and come out pure yellow. Then you have hit a jackpot.
Re: How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? by bingbagbo(m): 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2013
digitite: Put it in a VERY fire or furnace. If it melts and come out pure yellow. Then you have hit a jackpot.

sure 'bout that?? sad
Re: How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? by kabayomi(m): 5:48pm On Jul 18, 2013
its true
Re: How Do You Determine A Rock Is Gold? by Metallurgist: 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2013
Gold bearing rocks ar determined in a number of ways, first break a piece of the rock and crush it to pass the finest kichen sieve or grind it like corn flour and put some portion in a pan and pan it the way our local women used to pan sand out of boiled rice, gold being heavy will stuck to the bottom and its color and metallic lustre will give it away, if u ar succesful in seeing shinny yellow particles reduce the dirt as much as possible and then dry the rest, after drying place the sand inpregnated with the gold on a flat surface and blow with ur mouth slowly and peacefully the sand from the gold then pack the yellow metal dust in a bottle and drop a small quantity of standard nitric acid, if it remain undissolved or partly dissolved, the unsissolved part is definetly gold and i congratulate u on such riches, u could if the result is positive give me a call

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau, May Have Died Of Gunshot Woun / Last Interview By Olatunji Okusanya, Late Son Of MIC Boss / My Reaction When I Had A Response "Server Error"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.