Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,359 members, 7,860,958 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:48 PM

Jesus Not The Mediator For Everyone? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Not The Mediator For Everyone? (593 Views)

Why Is The Name Jesus Not Effective In My Nightmares? / “jesus Not Coming Back By The Looks Of It” Admits Vatican / Jesus Not Entirely Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Not The Mediator For Everyone? by benalvino(m): 8:46pm On Jul 13, 2013
We all know that Jesus is the mediator by whom all mankind have freedom to approach God..
Paul made it clear...
1 tim 2:5-6 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all."

notice the highlighted word in that verse... it says men! not some men or some anointed men, Jesus alone is the mediator... marry is not the mediator as Roman catholic has given her that title and in Paul's statement it doesn't limit who this opportunity is available to.

This is a statement from the book

"Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members." Worldwide Security Under the "Prince of Peace" pp.10-11

"So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the "mediator" only for anointed Christians."
Watchtower 1979 Apr 1 p.31

Question 1: if Jesus is not the mediator for men but for only the anointed i.e the 144,000... then who is the mediator for the rest of the millions or billions of people that are not in the 144,000?
Jws believe that Jesus is mediator for 144k only, those not under the new covenant will be blessed by Jesus through his role as their High Priest. Is this what it is?

"Blessings to Mankind in General. While Jesus' mediatorship operates solely toward those in the new covenant, he is also God's High Priest and the Seed of Abraham. In fulfilling his duties in these latter two positions, he will bring blessings to others of mankind, for all the nations are to be blessed by means of Abraham's seed." Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2 p.362 Mediator

"Christ does not act as Mediator of the new covenant toward them, yet they benefit from this covenant through the work of God's Kingdom. Christ still acts toward them, however, as High Priest, through whom Jehovah can and does apply the ransom to the extent of their now being declared righteous as God's friends. (Compare James 2:23.)" Watchtower 1991 Feb 15 p.18

So where are the scriptures that support this teaching? i mean: that Mediator can be for a different group than that of the High Priest, or that the High Priest atoned for people not under covenant.

Question 2: If the 144k are supposed to represent the kings and priests and also represent the entire nation of spiritual Israel, then who are they to rule?
Re: Jesus Not The Mediator For Everyone? by true2god: 10:18am On Jul 14, 2013
Dont let Ijawkid and co bounce on u concerning dis thread. If they turn the argument gear this simple topic will exceed 50pages.
Re: Jesus Not The Mediator For Everyone? by benalvino(m): 10:31am On Jul 14, 2013
true2god: Dont let Ijawkid and co bounce on u concerning dis thread. If they turn the argument gear this simple topic will exceed 50pages.

Am just curious... They should tell me why Jesus is not the mediator for me and them... The questions here should be answered. Its not just making sense as I see it... So let them answer the question

(1) (Reply)

The DEVIL'S Gift / Rahab's Justification? / Superior To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.