Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:24 AM

Speaking In Tongues = Scam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues = Scam (703 Views)

Are You Fully Conscious When Speaking In Tongues? / Speaking In Tongues Medical Study Proves Holy Spirit Praying / Speaking In Tongues: What's That All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Speaking In Tongues = Scam by benalvino(m): 9:23pm On Jul 13, 2013
Often i hear churches and their noise speakers in my neighborhood... and they get even noisy when they start praying. while i don't care how noisy they get when they pray.. what an surprised of is the fact that they start saying rubbish that no one can understand.

Growing up i use to think that when people speak in tongues they are really in the truth talking to God. but today i have come to realize how it is not the case... I have been to several church where the pastors start speaking in tongues with some people around me...

Question: Is English not enough to communicate with God with? what about french Yoruba or igbo?
why should God want you to use a language even you don't understand?

all the accounts of speaking in tongues in the bible people understand what the speaker is saying or he understands what he is saying.
Re: Speaking In Tongues = Scam by Kcxee(m): 10:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
benalvino: Often i hear churches and their noise speakers in my neighborhood... and they get even noisy when they start praying. while i don't care how noisy they get when they pray.. what an surprised of is the fact that they start saying rubbish that no one can understand.

Growing up i use to think that when people speak in tongues they are really in the truth talking to God. but today i have come to realize how it is not the case... I have been to several church where the pastors start speaking in tongues with some people around me...

Question: Is English not enough to communicate with God with? what about french Yoruba or igbo?
why should God want you to use a language even you don't understand?

all the accounts of speaking in tongues in the bible people understand what the speaker is saying or he understands what he is saying.

If u want to talk rubbish pls don't involve tins lik speaking in tongues well I don't blame n I also blame ur lack of knowledge n if they ask u nw r u a christain u will say yes...bros read ur bible well n do not grief the Holy spirit is dangerous
Re: Speaking In Tongues = Scam by benalvino(m): 10:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
Kcxee:

If u want to talk rubbish pls don't involve tins lik speaking in tongues well I don't blame n I also blame ur lack of knowledge n if they ask u nw r u a christain u will say yes...bros read ur bible well n do not grief the Holy spirit is dangerous

it doesnt occur to you that its not all Christians that believe in this? all the time the apostle speak in tongues in the bible... people understand them. so am asking you to present bible verses where people are praying in tongues

(1) (Reply)

Destroying Ancestral Altars/agents (2) / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Senior Pastor Of COZA Speaks In Church / My Take From Pastor COZA Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.