Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Help, Gear Ceasing (toyota Camery Tiny Light) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help, Gear Ceasing (toyota Camery Tiny Light) (1059 Views)

Help Gear Problem / Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! / Help: Gear Issues With Honda Accord V6 2003 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, Gear Ceasing (toyota Camery Tiny Light) by clemz85(m): 10:49am On Jul 14, 2013
i greet you my Elites!
Ikenna and Sienna esp.
please anybody had experienced or know the solution for my case? the thing is, my toyota camry tiny light ceases drive after a mile or two distance drive, as in when the engine gets hot, it doesn't move in drive anymore, then when the engine gets cold it will drive again, i called my mechanic he said is filter.
please any one have idear?
Re: Help, Gear Ceasing (toyota Camery Tiny Light) by cardoctor(m): 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2013
The most likely cause will be burnt transmission fibres. Transmission needs to be removed and overhauled. Better still, get a replacement tranny.
Re: Help, Gear Ceasing (toyota Camery Tiny Light) by clemz85(m): 6:30pm On Jul 14, 2013
thanks CAR-DOCTOR,
but my mechanic mention filter which i am in doubt, could it be true becuase i don't trust this guy. i change the g-box early this year. it was working normal till my brother went into a deep brown stagnant and that when the problem started
Re: Help, Gear Ceasing (toyota Camery Tiny Light) by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
clemz85: i greet you my Elites!
Ikenna and Sienna esp.
please anybody had experienced or know the solution for my case? the thing is, my toyota camry tiny light ceases drive after a mile or two distance drive, as in when the engine gets hot, it doesn't move in drive anymore, then when the engine gets cold it will drive again, i called my mechanic he said is filter.
please any one have idear?

am facing the same problem on honda cr v am going to take the gear box out

but i have eleminated all causes and left with opening it up

unfortaunately you didnt mention if you scanned the car or if there is any engine management light

but for you start with basic put fresh oil, also check your AFT cooling lines then, if your gearbox got a sump take it off and see there is a filter and clean it up
Re: Help, Gear Ceasing (toyota Camery Tiny Light) by LongeOmolaja(m): 10:32am On Jul 15, 2013
there is a problem with your gear system. if you are within lagos, I advise you call or bring your car to ARS for proper examination, 08164664444
Re: Help, Gear Ceasing (toyota Camery Tiny Light) by clemz85(m): 3:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

am facing the same problem on honda cr v am going to take the gear box out

but i have eleminated all causes and left with opening it up

unfortaunately you didnt mention if you scanned the car or if there is any engine management light

but for you start with basic put fresh oil, also check your AFT cooling lines then, if your gearbox got a sump take it off and see there is a filter and clean it up

thanks sir,
yes the check engine light do come up prior, i think i should just try what you suggested since it resonates with me
Re: Help, Gear Ceasing (toyota Camery Tiny Light) by clemz85(m): 3:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
Longe Omolaja: there is a problem with your gear system. if you are within lagos, I advise you call or bring your car to ARS for proper examination, 08164664444

thanks sir,
but i am in ph
Re: Help, Gear Ceasing (toyota Camery Tiny Light) by RipVanWink: 10:26am On Jul 18, 2013
if there is a heck engine light, hv the car scanned first, then open the gear box...wash the filter thoroughly with petrol..its like sieve used to sieve pap....then pour fresh gear fluid..not abro or seahorse...buy original toyota transmission fluid...its in a metal tin...costs 7k or so 4liters...
if you are fortunate...then ur gearbox will come back to life.

i believe water enter ur gearbox when ur broda entered that muddy water .
Re: Help, Gear Ceasing (toyota Camery Tiny Light) by shithapuns: 10:27am On Jul 18, 2013
well said @ ripvanwink
Re: Help, Gear Ceasing (toyota Camery Tiny Light) by cardoctor(m): 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Abeg, Car Gurus, Come In And Help Me! / Tesla Issues Software Update To Help Owners Flee Hurricane Irma In Florida / How Do I Check That The Mileage Of A Car Of '05 Is Correct

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.