Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,869 members, 7,813,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! (2077 Views)

Used Blackberry Z10 Price / Airtel Crashes Data Service Cost By 100% / MTN Reviews Call Tariff: Call Rates As Low As 10kobo Across All Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by k2kay(m): 11:28am On Jul 14, 2013
BlackBerry cut prices for its flagship smartphone to $49 and $99.

The BlackBerry Z10 is now selling for $99 at  AT&T and Verizon, while Amazon is selling it at $49. The price drop is aimed at breathing life into sales for the Canadian company, which lost $84 million in the most recent quarter.

“Now is the right time to adjust the price,” a BlackBerry spokesperson told the Wall Street Journal. “It’s part of life cycle management to tier the pricing for current devices to make room for the next ones.”

That could mean that the company is selling the stock on shelves now before it launches a second-generation smartphone with the same Z10 DNA. The price cut from the original $199 price just four months ago isn’t a good sign for BlackBerry, formerly known as Research in Motion.

Thorsten Heins, chief executive of BlackBerry, acknowledged that the launch of the latest smartphones in the U.S. didn’t go as well as it hoped. BlackBerry also let go its head of U.S. sales, Richard Piasentin last month. It’s an uphill battle for BlackBerry to gain market share in a field crowded with devices based on Apple’s iOS, Google Android, and Windows Phone.

Kantar Worldpanel, a market researcher, said that in the three months ending May 2012 that BlackBerry had 4.6 percent market share, compared to more than 50 percent a few years back.
Re: Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by physise(m): 11:34am On Jul 14, 2013
k2kay: BlackBerry cut prices for its flagship smartphone to $49 and $99.

The BlackBerry Z10 is now selling for $99 at AT&T and Verizon, while Amazon is selling it at $49. The price drop is aimed at breathing life into sales for the Canadian company, which lost $84 million in the most recent quarter.

“Now is the right time to adjust the price,” a BlackBerry spokesperson told the Wall Street Journal. “It’s part of life cycle management to tier the pricing for current devices to make room for the next ones.”

That could mean that the company is selling the stock on shelves now before it launches a second-generation smartphone with the same Z10 DNA. The price cut from the original $199 price just four months ago isn’t a good sign for BlackBerry, formerly known as Research in Motion.

Thorsten Heins, chief executive of BlackBerry, acknowledged that the launch of the latest smartphones in the U.S. didn’t go as well as it hoped. BlackBerry also let go its head of U.S. sales, Richard Piasentin last month. It’s an uphill battle for BlackBerry to gain market share in a field crowded with devices based on Apple’s iOS, Google Android, and Windows Phone.

Kantar Worldpanel, a market researcher, said that in the three months ending May 2012 that BlackBerry had 4.6 percent market share, compared to more than 50 percent a few years back.
lol bb don fall
Re: Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by Lagusta(m): 12:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
RIP in advance BB!!!! embarassed

Re: Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by francis247(m): 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2013
What are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by dhardline(m): 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
So all those who already bought the BB10 and seriously showing off with it will soon be licking their wounds as d Z10 will soon be the phone of choice for meruwa's and co.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by k2kay(m): 1:49pm On Jul 14, 2013
francis247: What are you talking about?
ask google to confirm grin
Re: Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by Youngpo413: 3:03pm On Jul 14, 2013
I pity the company,it shows that there is no champion for life,just nokia`s own symbian,they (bb) will fade away too.
Re: Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
This is crazy....that's all I can say
Re: Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by TeenageMoney(m): 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2013
LOL... BB dn Die.. Sori for those wey still get am in stock b4 d fall
Re: Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
Lies. It's just the contract plan of payment that dropped. Get your fact straight
Re: Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by k2kay(m): 6:14pm On Jul 14, 2013
[quote author=Preciousone4ril]
The bb is falling like a pack of cards
Re: Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by francis247(m): 6:28pm On Jul 14, 2013
k2kay:
ask google to confirm grin
According to your source, BBZ10 is now $49 on Amazon.com, went there 2 place an order only 2 find the above price of about $470 Nd you're saying I should ask Google. Do you have another Amazon.com?
Re: Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by k2kay(m): 6:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
francis247: According to your source, BBZ10 is now $49 on Amazon.com, went there 2 place an order only 2 find the above price of about $470 Nd you're saying I should ask Google. Do you have another Amazon.com?
Why u on my neck like I authored the article? I found the article online along wt a few and decided to post it here......nw where did I go wrong Mind u, I posted it exactly like I found it dis morning... Pls proceed to the site below for more clarification. http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/13/blackberry-z10-prices-come-crashing-down-to-as-low-as-49/

2 Likes

Re: Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by johnstar(m): 7:36pm On Jul 14, 2013
Guy, dnt b deceived by scammers, if u like fall victim, knw come complain here o, otondo, ow bb go reduce bb 10, and u blive rumours, shitt happens o
k2kay:
Why u on my neck like I authored the article? I found the article online along wt a few and decided to post it here......nw where did I go wrong Mind u, I posted it exactly like I found it dis morning... Pls proceed to the site below for more clarification. http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/13/blackberry-z10-prices-come-crashing-down-to-as-low-as-49/
Re: Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by Namzy(m): 7:41pm On Jul 14, 2013
If just for contract phones. Phones without contacts sell higher thought this is common knowledge. That's how a telecom company tips you in
Re: Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by mrdrizzy(m): 7:54pm On Jul 14, 2013
Super lie wahlai.blackberry z10 is still @386$ above,i dnt even knw why u visit all this blogs for news sef.dem fit beat u for dis thing oh *lol*
Re: Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by Kizyte(m): 10:06pm On Jul 14, 2013
Re: Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by Bawss1(m): 10:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
The number of dunderheads is increasing on NL. Apparently many commenters here fail to realise that the price drop in question here is tied to a 2 year contract.
Re: Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by Kizyte(m): 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
Now I understand. Price varies with service agreement.
With contract: $49
Without contract: $599

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Z10 Price Crashes Down As Low As $49! by stanhanks: 12:24am On Jul 15, 2013
k2kay: BlackBerry cut prices for its flagship smartphone to $49 and $99.

The BlackBerry Z10 is now selling for $99 at  AT&T and Verizon, while Amazon is selling it at $49. The price drop is aimed at breathing life into sales for the Canadian company, which lost $84 million in the most recent quarter.

please always research well before you post. This price applies for people that want to buy the phone on contract. Meaning that after making this first payment you'll make payments every month till you exhaust your contract. The iPhone 4 is free on contract. This doesn't mean the phone costs $49 alone. After making monthly payments for two years trust me you'll end up paying more than $600.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Elephone P4000, 4800mah Battery, 1GB RAM, 5-inch, 64bit And Android Lollipop / Infinix Hot 2 Users Might Soon Get Android 7.0 Nougat / Nokia 2 Cheapest Price In Nigeria And Full Specification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.