Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

The Mona Lisa Potrait - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Mona Lisa Potrait (2108 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mona Lisa Potrait by SeanT21(f): 9:58pm On May 21, 2008
What is so good or weird about this potrait? People say it carries some kind of message? What is behind the smile?

Re: The Mona Lisa Potrait by RampantT(f): 9:59pm On May 21, 2008
Her eyes follow you everywhere. That's what I've been hearing. . . but nothing else special  I can see. Just some plump lady siting down to take a pix  undecided tongue

1 Like

Re: The Mona Lisa Potrait by Uche2nna(m): 10:03pm On May 21, 2008
Honestly, I do not know why it got and is still getting so much attention. To me , it is just  a pretty painting. Maybe thats because I am not that esoteric 

The identity of the lady also helped to heighten the intrigue the painting draws. There has been a lot of theories on the identity of the lady in the pic
Re: The Mona Lisa Potrait by Olaifemi(f): 12:23am On May 22, 2008
try and think down to d portrait, it was painted during d renaissance period. i think dat smile is jst a fake smile it doesnt comes from within, pple needed food and to live during dat time and inserting a smile in a painting makes its feels some how and d eyes are lyk in every corner if u look at d picture from every angle d eyes meet u, d eyes and d smile is actually want i think d picture is abt. dats jst my thinking and i think weird sometimes
Re: The Mona Lisa Potrait by mohawkchic(f): 4:18am On Jun 14, 2008
~I suppose this painting is just one of Life's Enigma. . . i personally dont get what's so special about it. . .The wierd bit is people hardly notice she hasnt got any eye brows on this portrait. . never given much thought to the other aspects peeps consider good/weird about it!
Re: The Mona Lisa Potrait by nezerst(f): 1:11pm On Jun 15, 2008
or just a cold a lonely lovely work of art
Re: The Mona Lisa Potrait by tpiar: 4:53pm On Mar 07, 2016
I think it's about the Renaissance things, that was the era. . . . . . . . . .
Re: The Mona Lisa Potrait by tpiar: 5:25pm On Mar 07, 2016
Olaifemi:
try and think down to d portrait, it was painted during d renaissance period. i think dat smile is jst a fake smile it doesnt comes from within, pple needed food and to live during dat time and inserting a smile in a painting makes its feels some how and d eyes are lyk in every corner if u look at d picture from every angle d eyes meet u, d eyes and d smile is actually want i think d picture is abt. dats jst my thinking and i think weird sometimes

the eyes do seem to follow you, I just checked that, very weird.
Re: The Mona Lisa Potrait by opribo(m): 11:30am On Mar 08, 2016
Is this not how they started some great books covering it with mysticism, some of our painters do better than this yet this picture have been going on since time immemorial. I have studied it inside out and I don't know how, who or where she is from. Maybe someone should enlighten me here.
Re: The Mona Lisa Potrait by tpiar: 3:05am On Mar 09, 2016
You can check the wiki page on her.

Btw, dont compare artists and their work unless for research purposes, not petty oneupmanship.
Re: The Mona Lisa Potrait by MidasTouche01(m): 5:39am On Jun 19, 2016
Well, this painting is special because it is one of the paintings painted and completed by the genius Leonardo DaVinci (not many of those around)

I'd suggest u watch DaVinci's Demon to feed your curiosity, it may be fictitious but certainly interesting
Re: The Mona Lisa Potrait by UltraSphinx(m): 1:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
MidasTouche01:
Well, this painting is special because it is one of the paintings painted and completed by the genius Leonardo DaVinci (not many of those around)

I'd suggest u watch DaVinci's Demon to feed your curiosity, it may be fictitious but certainly interesting
I've read the novel.... it really is a bada.as thriller enmeshed in occultism and riddles cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Mona Lisa Potrait by MidasTouche01(m): 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
UltraSphinx:
I've read the novel.... it really is a bada.as thriller enmeshed in occultism and riddles cheesy
WoW, I never knew it has a novel o, hope it's as thrilling as the movie...
Re: The Mona Lisa Potrait by UltraSphinx(m): 2:48pm On Jun 19, 2016
MidasTouche01:
WoW, I never knew it has a novel o, hope it's as thrilling as the movie...
its even more explicit than the movie, I ditched the movie 'cos it wasn't as detailed as the book and it even skipped some events... the novel was written by Dan brown . other novels that also festure Robert Langdon includes :angels and demons(about Illuminati), the lost symbol (about Freemasons), and the most recent on e Inferno.... but I think angels and demons is d most interesting cheesy
Re: The Mona Lisa Potrait by MidasTouche01(m): 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2016
UltraSphinx:
its even more explicit than the movie, I ditched the movie 'cos it wasn't as detailed as the book and it even skipped some events... the novel was written by Dan brown . other novels that also festure Robert Langdon includes :angels and demons(about Illuminati), the lost symbol (about Freemasons), and the most recent on e Inferno.... but I think angels and demons is d most interesting cheesy
I will surely look for the novel, I also find novels more enjoyable than films, like Angel and Demons I first watched the film but when I read the novel.... I read it like 3 times, it's so sweet that I can feel the sweetness in my mouth
Re: The Mona Lisa Potrait by MidasTouche01(m): 2:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
MidasTouche01:

I will surely look for the novel, I also find novels more enjoyable than films, like Angel and Demons I first watched the film but when I read the novel.... I read it like 3 times, it's so sweet that I can feel the sweetness in my mouth

Are u also an ancient history freak like myself, cos I noticed some things on ur profile that suggest so grin

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think It Means To Be African / An Appeal To Nigerians In The Diaspora / New Year Masquerade Festival In Eziowelle Abambra State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.