Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

New African Meal/food Invented! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / New African Meal/food Invented! (1395 Views)

One Dies, 20 Hospitalised After Meal At Traditional Marriage / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal / 10 Delicious Foods That Were Invented By Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New African Meal/food Invented! by eyescue(m): 9:13am On Jul 15, 2013
Goodmorning Nairalanders! Am here again to share my new invented food/discovered food. Before i get started, i would like to recall to us on how yorghot was ACCIDENTALLY DICOVERED. Yorghot came into existance as a man was travelling through a desert with with some fresh milk he got from his cow. It happened that when the man made a stop to have some refreshment, he then discovered that the milk has now a sour taste which he liked and also cougulated as result of the desert's high temperature and some bacteria. So based on curiousity, the man carried some experiment and then realised that the change came about because of the temperature and bacteria. And that was how yorghot came to be till date.

However, I accidentally dicovered a new kind of food last night as a result of hunger and no food stuff to prepare. I came in last night with my coleague(corper members) very hungery but had nothing to cook except a few fresh corn, while my coleague has some fresh groundnut that was given to him by one of our neighbours as the community(BEKWARRA IN CROSS RIVER) we serve in major in groundnut production. So in wonder of what to cook, i decided we break the groundnut and make a poridge with it and the corn i was having. Wow! Lo and behold it was so delicious....tasting so yummychommy! You can't imagine that!

So, let hear about your own accidentally invented food if you have one as most things in existence came in accidentally. Thanks in anticipation to your own invention/experience.
Re: New African Meal/food Invented! by tjskii(f): 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2013
Abegg enlighten me,ow exactly did u prepare d meal,did u add oil pr maggi to it
Re: New African Meal/food Invented! by eyescue(m): 3:22pm On Jul 15, 2013
tjskii: Abegg enlighten me,ow exactly did u prepare d meal,did u add oil pr maggi to it
Ok, here we go. I 1st boiled the corn to my for 15mins and then i added the groundnut(without cobs) and then cooked them for about 20-25mins. Then i spiced it with fresh pepper, sent-leaf, crayfish, maggi, currypowder, onion, salt and red oil. All to my taste and after about 10-15mins, the food was ready. And just like i said, it was yummychummy....very delicious!
Re: New African Meal/food Invented! by degurl(f): 9:32am On Jul 16, 2013
Op are you sure?
Re: New African Meal/food Invented! by eyescue(m): 3:46pm On Jul 16, 2013
degurl: Op are you sure?
There is nothing to lie about this. I prepared it myself.
Re: New African Meal/food Invented! by remecy(f): 5:46pm On Jul 16, 2013
eyescue: Ok, here we go. I 1st boiled the corn to my for 15mins and then i added the groundnut(without cobs) and then cooked them for about 20-25mins. Then i spiced it with fresh pepper, sent-leaf, crayfish, maggi, currypowder, onion, salt and red oil. All to my taste and after about 10-15mins, the food was ready. And just like i said, it was yummychummy....very delicious!
boiled corn and groundnut is a nice delicacy for some community in easnland. The difference is just your mode of preparation. Just like corn and beans. Nice effort.
Re: New African Meal/food Invented! by eyescue(m): 7:52pm On Jul 16, 2013
remecy:
boiled corn and groundnut is a nice delicacy for some community in easnland. The difference is just your mode of preparation. Just like corn and beans. Nice effort.
Exactly what am saying. Thanks jare!
Re: New African Meal/food Invented! by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 16, 2013
I WAS LOOKING FOR SWALLOW HERE BUT COULDNT FIND ANY, SO I USED MESHED PATATO FOR GARRI.

I POURED HOT WATER ON IT AND IT TURNED TO SWALLOW.

I HATED IT BUT GOT NO CHOICE
Re: New African Meal/food Invented! by eyescue(m): 9:13pm On Jul 16, 2013
Chillisauce: I WAS LOOKING FOR SWALLOW HERE BUT COULDNT FIND ANY, SO I USED MESHED PATATO FOR GARRI.

I POURED HOT WATER ON IT AND IT TURNED TO SWALLOW.

I HATED IT BUT GOT NO CHOICE
Please, was the patato boiled?
Re: New African Meal/food Invented! by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 16, 2013
eyescue: Please, was the patato boiled?

It was like a dry blended Irish potato called purée.

So I put it on the bowl then poured hot water in it
Re: New African Meal/food Invented! by eyescue(m): 10:37pm On Jul 16, 2013
Chillisauce:

It was like a dry blended Irish potato called purée.

So I put it on the bowl then poured hot water in it
Owkay, now i get u. And checking the nutritional facts, that isn't a bad one when mixed with garri like you said. Thats cool. Well, since it was a mixture of potato and garri, you may wana call it poga(potato+garri) puree. Lol
Re: New African Meal/food Invented! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
eyescue: Owkay, now i get u. And checking the nutritional facts, that isn't a bad one when mixed with garri like you said. Thats cool. Well, since it was a mixture of potato and garri, you may wana call it poga(potato+garri) puree. Lol

Lol,
I didnt mix it with garri, i used it as garri. I couldnt find garri so i used this
Re: New African Meal/food Invented! by eyescue(m): 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2013
Chillisauce:

Lol,
I didnt mix it with garri, i used it as garri. I couldnt find garri so i used this
oh! Sorry for quoting you wrongly.
Re: New African Meal/food Invented! by Brimmie(m): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2013
eyescue: oh! Sorry for quoting you wrongly.

Poga Puree Still Sounds Better! smiley Nice One Guys!

(1) (Reply)

Just What You Really Need Now / The Sorrows Of A Disgruntled Coca-cola Customer... / Basic Terms Used For Italian Cuisine | Key Ingredients For Making Italian Dish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.