Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,923 members, 7,952,710 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:08 PM

Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. (17312 Views)

See What Barr.lawrencia Uzoamaka Wore To Gbenga Aruleba's Focus Nigeria On AIT / Gbenga Aruleba Of AIT Sacked!!! / Where Is Gbenga Aruleba? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by miqos02(m): 1:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
he is presenting focus nigeria now

Dokpesi bows to pressure, recalls Mac Amarere and Gbenga Aruleba

One of Africa’s biggest media entrepreneurs has bowed to pressure and recalled two senior editorial staff whom he sacked in a fit of anger over the weekend.

High Chief Raymond Aleogho Dokpesi, Chairman of DAAR Communications Plc, operators of Africa Independent Television (AIT) and RayPower FM, had dismissed Executive Director Imoni Mac Amarere and popular presenter Gbenga Aruleba of FOCUS NIGERIA fame for featuring an interview with Lagos-based journalist and activist Richard Akinnola, on last Friday’s discharge and acquittal of Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, former Chief Security Officer (CSO) to late Nigerian military ruler, General Sani Abacha, in connection with the June 4, 1996 murder of heroine of democracy, Kudirat Abiola. Mr. Akinnola strongly condemned the appeal court verdict, calling it “a miscarriage of justice” of justice and a political judgment to pacify the North ahead of 2015 general elections in which President Goodluck Jonathan is expected to run.

Mr. Akinnola’s views rankled High Chief Dokpesi, whose business survives mainly on government patronage, and he promptly dismissed Amarere and Arulegba.

However, two days after the action, Dokpesi, according to a competent source, has accepted to recall the duo. “So many people intervened,” the source told News Express this morning.

Confirming the reprieve for Amarere and Arulegba, Mr. Akinnola himself wrote minutes ago on Facebook: “The matter is being resolved and Aruleba would be at his desk this afternoon to produce his program FOCUS.”

News Express can, however, not confirm if the recall of Amarere and Aruleba would be as speedy as Akinnola says since their duties have been handed over to a new set of staff by Dokpesi.

A friend of Aruleba who spoke with News Express said: “I spoke with Aruleba this morning and he said he had not been given sack letter but new people have been appointed to handle new for AIT.”

•Photo shows Amarere.

Source: http://www.newsexpressngr.com/
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by Olaolufred(m): 1:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
miqos02: he is presenting focus nigeria now
ARE YOU SURE?
IS IT LIVE?
WHO ARE HIS GUESTS?
WHAT IS THE TOPIC OF DISCUSSION?
PLS CONFIRM.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by kola639: 1:15pm On Jul 15, 2013
Yes i am watching his programme now . focus nigeria live on AIT. Infact he just showed Rep Farouk Lawan. + his deputy collecting bribe from Femi Otedola

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by miqos02(m): 1:15pm On Jul 15, 2013
live,discussion has not started, he is doing introductions
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by miqos02(m): 1:16pm On Jul 15, 2013
kola639: Yes i am watching his programme now . focus nigeria live on AIT. Infact he just showed Rep Farouk Lawan. + his deputy collecting bribe from Femi Otedola
o boy that video bad. see how people dey stuff money for pocket

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by Olaolufred(m): 1:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
THEN WHERE COMES THE RUMOURS?

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
yea.. i'm watchin it too.. it seems the guy is high on weed todat!! he's just lambasting Farouk, Nigerian government over paying cnn for advert fees and all that

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by LOUDmedia(m): 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2013
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 15, 2013
If the guy is sacked he should not be this lively on the same channel that sacked him!

2 Likes

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by dedons: 1:53pm On Jul 15, 2013
I know say na rumour b4

he's the only truthful person left in the whole of AIT
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by scientology(m): 1:55pm On Jul 15, 2013
NAIRALAND IS JUST A CATALYST OF LIES......

3 Likes

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by dedons: 1:56pm On Jul 15, 2013
Olaolufred:
ARE YOU SURE?
IS IT LIVE?
WHO ARE HIS GUESTS?
PLS CONFIRM.
why don't you do the confirmation urself
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by joiousjoy: 1:56pm On Jul 15, 2013
cld it b a rumour,if so pple shld try 2 get facts b4 dey wil give pple hypertnsn.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by dedons: 1:56pm On Jul 15, 2013
Olaolufred:
ARE YOU SURE?
IS IT LIVE?
WHO ARE HIS GUESTS?
PLS CONFIRM.
see the kind foolish questions wey u dey ask am
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by Fazhy: 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2013
scientology: NAIRALAND IS JUST A CATALYST OF LIES......

I tire oooo...

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by Elose11(m): 1:59pm On Jul 15, 2013
miqos02: he is presenting focus nigeria now
I think it is pre recorded. He and Imani Amarere were rumored to have been sacked yesterday. I doubt very much if the Focus Nigeria there are showing today is live! The topic they are discussing is not current.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by yomalex(m): 2:00pm On Jul 15, 2013
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jul 15, 2013
Dokpesi bows to pressure, recalls Mac Amarere and Gbenga Aruleba

One of Africa’s biggest media entrepreneurs has bowed to pressure and recalled two senior editorial staff whom he sacked in a fit of anger over the weekend.

High Chief Raymond Aleogho Dokpesi, Chairman of DAAR Communications Plc, operators of Africa Independent Television (AIT) and RayPower FM, had dismissed Executive Director Imoni Mac Amarere and popular presenter Gbenga Aruleba of FOCUS NIGERIA fame for featuring an interview with Lagos-based journalist and activist Richard Akinnola, on last Friday’s discharge and acquittal of Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, former Chief Security Officer (CSO) to late Nigerian military ruler, General Sani Abacha, in connection with the June 4, 1996 murder of heroine of democracy, Kudirat Abiola. Mr. Akinnola strongly condemned the appeal court verdict, calling it “a miscarriage of justice” of justice and a political judgment to pacify the North ahead of 2015 general elections in which President Goodluck Jonathan is expected to run.

Mr. Akinnola’s views rankled High Chief Dokpesi, whose business survives mainly on government patronage, and he promptly dismissed Amarere and Arulegba.

However, two days after the action, Dokpesi, according to a competent source, has accepted to recall the duo. “So many people intervened,” the source told News Express this morning.

Confirming the reprieve for Amarere and Arulegba, Mr. Akinnola himself wrote minutes ago on Facebook: “The matter is being resolved and Aruleba would be at his desk this afternoon to produce his program FOCUS.”

News Express can, however, not confirm if the recall of Amarere and Aruleba would be as speedy as Akinnola says since their duties have been handed over to a new set of staff by Dokpesi.

A friend of Aruleba who spoke with News Express said: “I spoke with Aruleba this morning and he said he had not been given sack letter but new people have been appointed to handle new for AIT.”

•Photo shows Amarere.

Source: http://www.newsexpressngr.com/
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by donlawrenzo(m): 2:04pm On Jul 15, 2013
Please confirm your info before putting it up here for us to read. Stop misleading us

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by ichommy(m): 2:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by Emmysteve(m): 2:08pm On Jul 15, 2013
Raymon Dokpesi is a mad man.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by timbersuccess(m): 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2013
if d otedola n farouk case is nt current wah bout d presidnt visit to china
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by Prowizy2(m): 2:09pm On Jul 15, 2013
He was re'called last night
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by kkkp: 2:10pm On Jul 15, 2013
He was truely sacked bt d intervention of top management , colleagues and viewers he was called back
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by Pretyangel25(f): 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2013
Nairaland nd fake information. Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by Maxymilliano(m): 2:12pm On Jul 15, 2013
The duo has been recalled ....
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by Olaolufred(m): 2:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
dedons: why don't you do the confirmation urself

SORRY. I AM IN THE OFFICE.

CAD AND DESIGN IS NOT GIVING ME THE LUXURY.

I AM SORRY.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by Olaolufred(m): 2:15pm On Jul 15, 2013
dedons: see the kind foolish questions wey u dey ask am

SORRY OGA AT THE TOP.

I AM IN THE OFFICE.

CAD AND DESIGN IS NOT GIVING ME THE LUXURY.

I AM SORRY.
Re: Gbenga Aruleba Is Still At Ait. by VicGoodGuy(m): 2:18pm On Jul 15, 2013
donlawrenzo: Please confirm your info before putting it up here for us to read. Stop misleading us

Its all over the internet bro. Don't think its rumour.

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Can't Beat APC In Osun State - Tinubu Dares PDP (VIDEO) / Presidential Race: We’re Not Troubled By Osinbajo’s Ambition – Tinubu’s Camp / 2023: Outgoing Herdsman, Incoming Bala Blu By Tunde Odesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.