Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

This Life - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Life (1162 Views)

See What I Think About This Life / This Life.... poo Happens! / This Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Life by ayomifull(f): 3:08pm On May 22, 2008
Has life taught you or anyone close to you any lesson you think you can share? There might be one or two lessons to be learnt. There is a saying that he who falls into a hole taught others lesson (4give my way of interpreting 'eni to jin si koto ko elomiren logbon').

Thanks for sharing.
Re: This Life by liquid7: 6:26pm On May 22, 2008
Never overbent on your principles ,otherwise you get taken for granted.
Re: This Life by okenwa(m): 8:16am On May 23, 2008
@ poster
to be frank with you, life has tought me lessons . . .especially whenever i attend BURIAL CEREMONIES.
it has thought me. . .
1. "get rich or die trying" should not be our dailly mission.
2. you are not TAKING all your belongings with you.
3. it also made me to understand that; at the MUTUARY, all the corpse are equal,
the president, bar man, taxi driver, doctor, general, private, police man, student, lunatic. . . are all EQUAL.
so, why are we cheating each other, killing each other. . .knowing that all is VANITY?
@ ayomifull
i just have to be frank with you. undecided
Re: This Life by ayomifull(f): 3:38pm On May 23, 2008
Life taught me never EVER to trust anyone with sensitive plans. Its a practical one i'm about to share

My father was a rich man, very rich in his time, infact his house till today is the biggest in our community. My family was based outside Nigeria then but my father visited quite often. During one of his visits, he told his brother (who he equally built a small house when he built his) of his intention to write his will even thought he was still young at the time. His brother who he trusted so much told him of his very good lawyer who he would recommend for my father but that the lawyer was out of the country, he therefore encouraged my father not to be in haste as he will never die in his prime and that next time my father is visiting Nigeria this lawyer would have been back.

This my uncle knew everything about my father, all his properties both home and where they were based, everything about him and just as my father returned to his base as i was told he answered a 'call' and gave up the ghost! I really dont know how the family came to this conclusion but everybody in the family accused my uncle of the death and he proved them right by taking over all my father's property and those who were bold enough to challenge him died misteriously. Until his death though both lived in the same town we kept our distance and he had nothing to do with us, my mother had to keep us away after being warned by several people and he never asked about us. Everyone was against him but he cared less until he died a miserable death.

LESSON:

Never ever let anybody into your sensitive plan, the heart of man is full of evil.
Re: This Life by joyceereal(f): 4:29pm On May 23, 2008
I concor with you my sister. That's life for you ooooooooo
We have to be extraordinary careful.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me, Who Owns The Baby? / Is It Wrong To Date Your Brother-in-law's Friend? / Father Buries 4 Month Old Baby Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.