Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Amaechi And Four Northern Governors Held "Hostage" At Port Harcourt Internationa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi And Four Northern Governors Held "Hostage" At Port Harcourt Internationa (822 Views)

Amaechi And Wife Loved Up After His Ministerial Screening(photos) / Jonathan Was Held Hostage While In Office – Soyinka / VP Sambo Held Hostage In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi And Four Northern Governors Held "Hostage" At Port Harcourt Internationa by Xeedorf: 12:32pm On Jul 16, 2013
Home » News & Reports » News
News and Reports
Rivers Crisis: Amaechi And Four Northern Governors Held "Hostage" At Port Harcourt International Airport
Posted: July 16, 2013 - 10:50
Posted by siteadmin
caption: Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi
By SaharaReporters, New York

Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi and the governors of Jigawa, Kano, Niger and Adamawa that came to pay him a solidarity visit could not leave the Port Harcourt International airport this morning as protesters rented by forces loyal to President Goodluck Jonathan and his wife, Patience bombarded the airport.

Amaechi, who arrived on a different flight from Abuja around 9:00 AM had to wait in the VIP lounge of the airport until the other four governors arrived as he could not leave, worried that his convoy would come under attack from the protesters.

Sources at the airport told SaharaReporters that the protesters were bused to the airport a early as 7 AM this morning, by 8AM huge crowd bearing placards had virtually taken over the airport with the police giving them protection.

Aides to the governor said they are worried that a bloody confrontation could arise should the governors leave the airport as several of the protesters appear armed.

Opposition parties earlier revealed that Mr. Jonathan wants to foment a violent confrontation between supporters of the governor, and those opposed to him so as to give room to declare a state of emergency in the state,

Last week, five lawmakers led by an Evans Bipi, who is a close relative of Mr. Jonathan's wife tried unsuccessfully to hijack the leadership of the Rivers State House of Assembly.
Re: Amaechi And Four Northern Governors Held "Hostage" At Port Harcourt Internationa by hakanai(m): 12:37pm On Jul 16, 2013
Abeg we don tire with this news!!!! If e no work allow the supporters settle it on a fair and square ground.Too much noise over rivers abegi! angry angry angry angry
Re: Amaechi And Four Northern Governors Held "Hostage" At Port Harcourt Internationa by kingofpool: 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2013
Hmmmm....Nawaooo dis sahara people.....Gej,Pej re to be blamed....Infact i put de blame on dem.....Coz di issue is bcomin borin

Outro:who can tel me my possition coz i wan go drink garri wit yuzedo wife afta we finish masturbatin each oda
Re: Amaechi And Four Northern Governors Held "Hostage" At Port Harcourt Internationa by Longeria(m): 1:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
My wife beat me mercilessly and starved me to point of death........ Because I demanded for "THAT THING"

Na Jonathan and wife cause am.
Re: Amaechi And Four Northern Governors Held "Hostage" At Port Harcourt Internationa by ABEngine(m): 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
Say NO to "Do or Die" politics. Rather than threat economically threatening issues, Mr. Very Ambitious President is fighting a fellow southern. Say goodbye to Aso Rock come 2015 for we no longer need negative strategists.

Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

How Uduaghan Has Revolutionised Healthcare Delivery - Otumara / Obasanjo’s Letter: I’m Not Training Snipers, Says Asari-Dokubo / Nigeria Will Collapse Legally By 12 Midnight Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.