Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,765 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope (32626 Views)

Two Buses Collide On 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos) / Funny Things Written On Cars(buses) You've Seen? / Things That Happen on BRT Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by Philipsdael(m): 1:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
minibus is that small bus that looks like a danfo but can only contain 7 persengers and a driver....
My fellow Nairalanders,
which product of the minibus is recommendable?....how strong and durable is the minibus and is the sparepart available and easy tto get down here in Naija.....most importantly.... How is is the cost for a tokunbo clean minibus?...
Am intending on resigning from my current company and use my pay off to buy the bus and run it for the main time till what am processing clicks so your knowledge abt the bus will be helpful and useful ...
Thanks!

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by liloelawwal(m): 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2013
the last tym i took the mini bus aka 'korope' was when i was schooling in offa.
Buy it ops

Notin does u

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by Philipsdael(m): 12:59pm On Jul 20, 2013
still searching for info.....................
Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by USAutoBuy(m): 4:56pm On Jul 20, 2013
Y dont u just buy something like a previa. how do u get parts for this one?

dont waste ur money. buy something you know about and can resell in the future

Regards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by Philipsdael(m): 9:34pm On Jul 20, 2013
US-AutoBuy:
Y dont u just buy something like a previa. how do u get parts for this one?

dont waste ur money. buy something you know about and can resell in the future

Regards
gratitude
i made a researched on "previa" and this's the pic i got.... (below)....
Dont you think this Toyota-Previa will be too expensive and fragile to be used as commercial mini-bus.... Apart from that, the structure dosn't fit....
#just trying 2 examine it#

Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by USAutoBuy(m): 11:21pm On Jul 20, 2013
Buy this type of previa in the pic attached.

Costs about N800k. (This one is actually available for sale) Rugged and highly popular.

Its 4 cylinder engine.

Good luck

Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by Philipsdael(m): 9:48am On Jul 21, 2013
Hmm
if i have 800k i would have just go for a clean vanagon or volkswagen Danfo instead of a mini-bus.
Maybe i'll snap the kinda mini-buses i've been seeing around mile2/festac/rainbow......

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by USAutoBuy(m): 12:13pm On Jul 21, 2013
When you say commercial, it really depends on where you want to be plying. These types of previa only work best in long distance journeys. Lagos - Akure, Lagos - Ilorin, Lagos to Abuja types of deal.

If you are looking for the type of mile2, oshodi etc. You are better off with Vanagon and L28 types of bus.

Look at where you want to be plying and buy the type of buses everyone else is using in the area. Much better. It will be easier to fix when you have a problem cos thats what everyone is using.

Mind you, be prepared to pay between 700 - 800 for a Grade1 Vanagon bus. The only way you can get it cheaper is that if that has some issues or its not Lagos Cleared. You can get away with cotonue cleared if you are withing Lagos and will not venture out for a long time after registering the vehicle. But you never know. These customs people can be unpredictable at times but you can be prepared.

That type of bus you pointed out in the beginning will not cut it anywhere. And i can bet you bottom dollar that it will be almost impossible to sell when you want to dispose it.

And just to let you know, its will be more that N1m to buy brand new. You believe that. cos its small does not mean small price. No brand new bus in Nigeria will sell under N1m

Good luck in your search.
Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by Philipsdael(m): 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2013
US-AutoBuy:
When you say commercial, it really depends on where you want to be plying. These types of previa only work best in long distance journeys. Lagos - Akure, Lagos - Ilorin, Lagos to Abuja types of deal.

If you are looking for the type of mile2, oshodi etc. You are better off with Vanagon and L28 types of bus.

Look at where you want to be plying and buy the type of buses everyone else is using in the area. Much better. It will be easier to fix when you have a problem cos thats what everyone is using.

Mind you, be prepared to pay between 700 - 800 for a Grade1 Vanagon bus. The only way you can get it cheaper is that if that has some issues or its not Lagos Cleared. You can get away with cotonue cleared if you are withing Lagos and will not venture out for a long time after registering the vehicle. But you never know. These customs people can be unpredictable at times but you can be prepared.

That type of bus you pointed out in the beginning will not cut it anywhere. And i can bet you bottom dollar that it will be almost impossible to sell when you want to dispose it.

And just to let you know, its will be more that N1m to buy brand new. You believe that. cos its small does not mean small price. No brand new bus in Nigeria will sell under N1m

Hmm!!!
True talk.....
This is the kind of bus am talking about...(below)
its smaller than Vanagon-danfo but bigger than tricycles.....
It has 7 seters plus one driver's-seat (8-total)
this particular one i uploaded is Kia product called "kia-Towner"

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by USAutoBuy(m): 4:45am On Jul 22, 2013
My question to you is this:

How many have you seen on Lagos street for commercial purposes on the area where you want to ply?

Are your 7 passengers not going to have load all the time?

These types of vehicle is quite common in Osun State (Bedford Rascal, Suzuki Carry etc)

But yet to see any on Lagos street for commercial purpose. I may be wrong tho
Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by Philipsdael(m): 10:28am On Jul 22, 2013
US-AutoBuy:
My question to you is this:

How many have you seen on Lagos street for commercial purposes on the area where you want to ply?

Are your 7 passengers not going to have load all the time?

These types of vehicle is quite common in Osun State (Bedford Rascal, Suzuki Carry etc)

But yet to see any on Lagos street for commercial purpose. I may be wrong tho
Yeah!!!
These kinda buses are commonly found in other S.western states but furtunately, the bus now plys major route in Lagos just like the tricycles (keke napep)....
The problem now is how much can i get it......and which brand or product is recommendable....?

1 Like

Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by USAutoBuy(m): 11:27am On Jul 22, 2013
Not sure how much to get it for. However, you can get the Bedford Rascal. I have seen quite a few of those around and they seem to be strong. They tend to come mostly from the UK, hence you will have to convert. Conversion is not terribly expensive.

Here is a picture of the Bedford Rascal below

1 Like

Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by Philipsdael(m): 10:16pm On Jul 22, 2013
Bedford rascal..... Hmm the name also sound rascal...hehehe...
Thanks Sir...
I so much appreciate your effort in calculating what to say, burning ur kilobites and spending your precious time in typing........
i appreciate ur helpful gesture
mesi boku...... Gracios

1 Like

Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by starnuel(m): 11:09am On Aug 21, 2014
I have a previa i want to sell for 350k. Negotiable. who is interested?

Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by OCTAVO: 9:48pm On Feb 14, 2015
Op, have you started?

1 Like

Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by EnterPRO: 10:22am On Feb 15, 2015
OCTAVO:
Op, have you started?

you wan buy?

those buses go for 450k to 550k, and you might also need to convert the wheel drive.
Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by OCTAVO: 12:23pm On Feb 15, 2015
EnterPRO:

you wan buy?

those buses go for 450k to 550k, and you might also need to convert the wheel drive.
Boss wey sure pass... cheesy
I'll chat you up.

1 Like

Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by Pillows: 11:05am On Jun 13, 2015
Hello EnterPro...do you know where they sell the mini buses/kekebu/korope in lagos?
Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by EnterPRO: 4:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
Pillows:
Hello EnterPro...do you know where they sell the mini buses/kekebu/korope in lagos?

Ladipo spare parts market is your best bet in Lagos.

you can also search online.
Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 13, 2015
starnuel:
specifications bro ? is it manual ? ac ? engine litre size ?
Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by Chukel2012: 7:14pm On Mar 30, 2016
Any 8 seater bus still available. Direct toks please
Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by MajorWarren: 11:50am On May 17, 2016
Philipsdael:

Hmm!!!
True talk.....
This is the kind of bus am talking about...(below)
its smaller than Vanagon-danfo but bigger than tricycles.....
It has 7 seters plus one driver's-seat (8-total)
this particular one i uploaded is Kia product called "kia-Towner"

please can I have the name/brand of that bus.. I've searched the internet using "small shuttle bus" but it doesn't seem to be it.
Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by Readonee35L(m): 12:03pm On May 17, 2016
SUZUKI EVERY

Also called :
Bedford Rascal
Holden Scurry
Maruti Omni
Maruti Versa
Mazda Scrum
Autozam Scrum
Ford Pronto
Wuling Rongguang
Daewoo Damas
Chevrolet CMV/CMP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by MajorWarren: 12:31pm On May 17, 2016
Readonee35L:
SUZUKI EVERY

Also called :
Bedford Rascal
Holden Scurry
Maruti Omni
Maruti Versa
Mazda Scrum
Autozam Scrum
Ford Pronto
Wuling Rongguang
Daewoo Damas
Chevrolet CMV/CMP

thank you smiley
do you know the price its sold at?
Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by Readonee35L(m): 12:40pm On May 17, 2016
MajorWarren:

thank you smiley
do you know the price its sold at?
No sir,
check olx.
Or go to places like festac, they are available there
Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by aboxyl(m): 12:46pm On Jul 24, 2016
Which of dose korope do you think Its best
Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by aboxyl(m): 12:49pm On Jul 24, 2016
anyone who is looking for someone to drive his korope for him should call me on dz number

I am willing and ready to abide with any terms rules and condition
Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by kabanayol9(m): 11:43pm On Sep 06, 2016
starnuel:
Do you still have it for sale, I am interested, please i need your response, very urgent.
Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by nams77: 11:09am On Sep 07, 2016
aboxyl:
Which of dose korope do you think Its best

I will rather go for the Bedford and Mazda. I am no car expert but I will want to go with the brands I mentioned above
Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by 9janinja(m): 10:13pm On Dec 13, 2016
Guys am abt to venture into the minibus business because of dis recession issue .... Pls I need ur candid reply is it vest to give it out on hire purchase or I shud drive it as a commercial mini-bus driver after doing my daily business @ nite... I need money and not trouble

1 Like

Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by nams77: 8:56pm On Dec 15, 2016
9janinja:
Guys am abt to venture into the minibus business because of dis recession issue .... Pls I need ur candid reply is it vest to give it out on hire purchase or I shud drive it as a commercial mini-bus driver after doing my daily business @ nite... I need money and not trouble
Abeg drive am yourself. You can do evenings and weekends with peace of mind
Re: Do You Know A Thing About Those Mini-buses Called Korope by Ladipodeal: 6:24am On Dec 16, 2016
Cost about 650k now at ladipo market. You buy and it will be converted for you right there. 650k is the total cost. Some come with A. C

(1) (2) (Reply)

Carquest/Milex Deals & Specials Thread courtesy of Rad Auto Works / Phoenix Renewables Celebrates 30 Days Of Operations In Maiduguri / Rolls Royce Phantom: The Official Car Of Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.