Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Yesterday I Got Stuck Behind An OLD Lady And DIED! - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Yesterday I Got Stuck Behind An OLD Lady And DIED! (735 Views)

When You Attend A Funeral Of Someone That Died Owing You Money. / After Kissing My Girl On Valentine's Day This Is What I Got This Morning .pic / Say What? One Customer's Bill At A Lagos Nite Club Yesterday. (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yesterday I Got Stuck Behind An OLD Lady And DIED! by churific(m): 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2013
Yesterday, I got stuck behind an old lady.

Background Story: I had some furniture delivered to my complex’s office since I wasn’t at home and the complex office closes at 5:00pm. I left work early around 4:00pm so that I can stop at Walmart, pick up a few things and then head to the office to retrieve my collectibles.

After enduring some odd traffic behaviors and finally making it to Walmart around 4:15pm, I quickly dashed through the isles like the Nigerian Nightmare that I am, grabbed everything I needed and got stuck behind an OLD lady in the pay isle (that was the only open isle.)

This lady had at least 50 of the smallest items in the whole store and they all needed to be scanned carefully…some, repeatedl. From far, you’d think she only had 10 or less items. It was getting close to 4:45 by the time the cashier was done scanning her items. To make matters worse, she pulled out a check book. I was like: Oh My God! By the time she’s done writing this check, I’ll be as old as she is!

And she kept asking the lady at the counter: What’s the total again? What’s the total my dear? After her third request, I just whispered from behind her, IT IS Ninety-two dollars and twenty three cents…It’s been the same amount for the last 7 minutes and it’s written right THERE! And then she says, Oh no, I’d like to put some of these things back.

I died.

I almost payed for her just so I could rush and get home to collect my shipments but I did some quick currency conversion and was like: HECK NO…$92 is over 10,000 Naira. Not today! By then it was close to 5pm so I just kept my cool and counted my other blessings one by one. And when I got to my place, my furniture was in my back balcony waiting for me!

Checkout more of my stories on my blog: www.humoredin.com

(1) (Reply)

Must Read! / Breaking: Apc Drags Mikel To Court / What Do You Think 1st In The Morning And Last In The Night?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.